Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ready2rise View Post
    Funny, I just received my set last week as well. They are the best I have seen and used! Covers the entire screen corner to corner except for the front facing cam.
    Yep. With my TPU case, I wouldn't even be able to tell there was a cover on the screen if it wasn't for the camera and speaker cutouts.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Default Re: Zagg screen protectors are full of ****!

Just an FYI - I tried cleaning my Steinheil with an alcohol rubbing swab (my gf is a nurse) to get the smudges and streaks off. Don't do that. It leaves a bizarre film all over the screen. I was able to buff it off with a tissue no problem, but just an FYI that alcohol swabs don't work right.

IMO, Steinheil is the same kind of marketing hype as Zagg, just not quite as bad..
    I'm using a 1.99 cheapo Ebay screen protector, crystal clear, and just as rigid and impossible to detect as my Steinhell was, and It works just as well, for 90% less...

To each his own, I guess...

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
    IMO, Steinheil is the same kind of marketing hype as Zagg, just not quite as bad..
    I'm using a 1.99 cheapo Ebay screen protector, crystal clear, and just as rigid and impossible to detect as my Steinhell was, and It works just as well, for 90% less...

To each his own, I guess...
    I don't know if I agree with that. I was in Best Buy and Fry's Electronics yesterday, and I didn't find Steinheil anywhere in the Mobile area. In fact, I had never heard of the brand before joining this site. I actually prefer the hard, stiff protectors over the rubbery/gummy ones like Zagg and the like on eBay cuz they don't bubble, ripple, or "orange peel". Both Steinheil and Zagg are def overpriced, but I did get 2 protectors for $13, 30% of the cost of Zagg. It's easy to see the markup and marketing of Zagg products in the retail world though.

steinhell is sold online only, I believe, so you won't see it at any retailers..

the ones I got on ebay were not the orange peel/rubbery type; they are very similar to the Steinhells; clear, glass like, and smooth as glass..
    There are lots of ty ones on Ebay, though, so you have to be careful, but, hey, for a buck or 2, if you get something you don't like, you just can it, and try a different one!

Just curious but why the lack of love for Ghost Armor? I much prefer the feel of Ghost Armor to Zagg and ~$10 cheaper.

I've had Zagg and those cheap one's from the mall that are paper thin.. Zagg is the thickest I've seen.. I think they are the best. As far as scratches go, I never read its scratch resistant, but if I did, I wouldn't have believed it. It a cheap piece of plastic man. If you are that rough with your phone you should get a bluetooth and rock it out all day every day. Lol. I work outside and I have a Ballistic case with a Zagg sp. Works for me.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    Anyone interested in these, this is exactly what arrived in the package last week. A pretty good deal at $13 shipped.
    Not to mention i got a personal note when i got mine...
    "Thank You ~ Jean" (anyone know who she is anyways? lol)

2 for $13.. not bad considering the fact that it feels like glass and most people I've shown my E4GT to never noticed it till they looked at the FFC.

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by lilotimz View Post
    Not to mention i got a personal note when i got mine...
    "Thank You ~ Jean" (anyone know who she is anyways? lol)

2 for $13.. not bad considering the fact that it feels like glass and most people I've shown my E4GT to never noticed it till they looked at the FFC.
    I did not get a personalized note in my package. But I did have a cute mail carrier deliver them to me, so that's good enough

For $13, they are worth a shot. That's $6 each....way less expensive than Zagg but a tad pricier than eBay junk. I think they're worth it. I do wish they were finger smudge-free though - that would icing on the cake.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

I use the anti-fingerprint Steinheil (Ultra Fine) - started with the Ultra Clear - which was great - but I did experience the oily fingerprint issue.

The Ultra Fine has more of a mat finish which I really like - helps with glare and I don't have the fingerprint issue. The Ultra Fine also cleans easily.

I used to use PhantomSkinz which I thought were great - but they fall short of the Steinheil in overall quality and feel - plus I really hate the wet application. The dry application on the Steinheil is absolutely painless. Don't know about anyone else - but putting all that water on such an expensive device - so I can protect it - doesn't make much sense. Especially since the dry application and Steinheil is a better product overall.

I also use the TPU case - I feel very secure with both. Though I have had issues with my TPU case catching the edge of my screen protector... I ended up trimming some of the corners on the case to alleviate that problem.

ROM
    Stock for now.

Amazingly the sprint branded package screen protectors work amazing.

Had the one on two different ET4G's (yes one protector two phones) and its still in top quality shape.

Otherwise, go for the cheap stuff and replace it every 4-6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    I bought the Zagg screen protector when I bought my phone. They claim that it's unscratchable. They are full of it! I'm in my third one in two months and it has a scratch as well. A scuff even at that.

WTF!
    I don't think they ever say the plastic is actually scratch proff I mean they have videos of them scratching them its that your actual phone screen won't and they work very well nothing will be unscratchable and touch screen
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

I let mine fall between the bed and th night stand and now have a scuffle on my screen protector. Thank you Zagg for being so AWESOME! Not.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

I let mine fall between the bed and th night stand and now have a scuffle on my screen protector. Thank you Zagg for being so AWESOME! Not.
    Sounds like it did its job, which is PROTECTING the screen. So what's the problem here?

Without the protector, you would have a scratch in your screen instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Sounds like it did its job, which is PROTECTING the screen. So what's the problem here?

Without the protector, you would have a scratch in your screen instead.

I agree with kd0axs it did its job. its a screen protector remove the protector and see if you're screen is scuffed or scratched

I have used about 6 different brands of screen protectors over the different phones I have had.

It comes down to the two best ones are Seidio and Sprint branded protectors.

The Sprint ones only last about 6 months before they are scuffed up just from dry fingers and such.

The Seidio screen protectors are the BEST. Easy to put on dry and are very hard so that they resist
    minor scratches for a long time. Very shiny and slippery, easy to slide fingers around on.

Get your screen perfectly dust free, peel backing off the protector and hold it by the two edges.
    Start at one end laying it down and leave it bent backwards away from screen while laying it down
    and almost every single time it will lay with no air bubbles at all. If a few stay in it just push them
    out the sides.

I had a phone go bad and took it into Sprint to get exchanged, and the tech took my Seidio screen
    protector off my old phone and stuck it on the new one.
    ...well, she did a terrible job, dirt, lint and fingerprints all over. I took it off the screen protector at home, rinsed it off under
    the sink, shook 95% of the water off and put it back on the phone and it looked like new!!!

The Best Buy (Zagg) brand are junk. They are very rubbery, fingers do not slide on them smoothly.
    ...and the corners catch on pockets all the time. Grab a Seidio, you will love it!!!

Sounds like you need a screen protector for your screen protector.

I just got my steinheil crystal screen protecter today. It is really nice. Almost like its not even there.

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by knotsure View Post
    I just got my steinheil crystal screen protecter today. It is really nice. Almost like its not even there.
    I really liked the Steniheil when I first got them. But I'm getting irritated with the finger smudges and oily residue film streaks. It's really bad. I wish I had known about the smudge-free option before i bought my current ones. I guess I'll have to plunk down another $14 for the other Steinheil variety.

Just put on the only brand best buy carries aka zagg. First of all put water on my phone? Wtf? Secondly its total crap. It's all rubbery to the touch and looks like it too. It's all lumpy and weird textured.

I don't get it? The cheap one I got on Ebay for my DInc2 is thick and smooth... Like glass. And didn't require me to commit the sin of putting water on my phone.

Why is this so popular?

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

"Why is this so popular?"

Well, because they're tough. The person whining that the protector was damaged is missing the point of these things- they're not supposed to act as kryptonite or diamond. They're sacrificial. Drop it like the OP did, and you can either replace a $500 phone or a $10 screen protector. It did its job.

That said, yeah, I don't like the rubbery feel of the Zaggs, either, and I have a couple Steinheils on the way to give them a try. The Zagg makes it so you don't have to worry about your precious screen being dinged by rocks (from dropping) or keys (in your pocket), but they're not ideal for a screen on which you have to slide your finger all day every day. They're not terrible in that regard, but they're definitely a step down in 'slide-ability' from the original Gorilla Glass™.

It's been a week with it on. Still orange peel texture. Rubbery. I just put a visible scratch /dent in it with my fingernail. Total crap.

Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    It's been a week with it on. Still orange peel texture. Rubbery. I just put a visible scratch /dent in it with my fingernail. Total crap.

Seems like you didn't have enough solution and it created mini airpockets.
    If you scratched it with a fingernail, can't happen.
    Saying you "dent" it I can believe because if it is still rubbery after a week then there wasn't enough solution and squeegee "ing" I can never spell that word :}
    This will cause ripples that won't go away and cause it to do exactly what you had happen.

I have used these things on every device you can think of....cameras, phones, gps, sateliite radio, stock car radios, nintendo's kids games, etc. My ipad was the only one that took some effort because of it needing two people to line it up.

In general to everyone....the protector is to protect the phone...I have dropped devices where the protector has either scrunched up or had the corners start to peel.
    Phone never damaged....$4.00 later I had a new protector and am good to go. They may not be for everyone, as I no longer use the full body ones, but to me, they offer just enough resistance when sliding across the screen. It doesn't skip, etc. it is smooth IMHO. I would try the Steinheil ones next just to be different

I drenched it as much as I could while still feeling comfortable about having that much liquid on my phone. More than the instructions suggested for sure. I squeegee'd until the squeegee stopped being effective for removing bubbles. Instructions said microbubbles and other imperfections work themselves out.

Another laugher was the salesperson at Best Buy. I showed him my very smooth, very glassy protector I have on my DInc2 and he said "see all the smudges and glare? This one helps prevent that." Lol.

I can't in a million years ever use this or recommend this product to anyone.

ROM
    Stock rooted ICS fc05

Yep on my second zagg and ive only had my phone for 3 months

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12