Zagg screen protectors are full of poop!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Never had issues with zaggs....
I took my key to it....and scratched the heck out of it, but it protected my device.

44 cents later I had a replacement sent.

Look at my sig on how I put them on (video shows an Incredible)

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the Steinheil is a dry static application. The cover is a hard material which I find is easier to apply without air bubbles. I'd liken it to how a sheet of copy paper compares to a sheet of light cardstock. Also, removal is as simple as sticking a piece of tape or a sticker to a corner and pulling up. This helps if you don't like your install, or you notice a piece of lint or dust under it. Just pull it up, use one of the stickers they provide to remove the foreign body and place it down again.

The Ultra Crystal can be fingerprint prone, but no more than the screen itself. Steinheil does make an anti-fingerprint version, but I prefer no screen distortion.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the Steinheil is a dry static application. The cover is a hard material which I find is easier to apply without air bubbles. I'd liken it to how a sheet of copy paper compares to a sheet of light cardstock. Also, removal is as simple as sticking a piece of tape or a sticker to a corner and pulling up. This helps if you don't like your install, or you notice a piece of lint or dust under it. Just pull it up, use one of the stickers they provide to remove the foreign body and place it down again.

The Ultra Crystal can be fingerprint prone, but no more than the screen itself. Steinheil does make an anti-fingerprint version, but I prefer no screen distortion.

Anyone interested in these, this is exactly what arrived in the package last week. A pretty good deal at $13 shipped.

ready2rise

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone interested in these, this is exactly what arrived in the package last week. A pretty good deal at $13 shipped.

Funny, I just received my set last week as well. They are the best I have seen and used! Covers the entire screen corner to corner except for the front facing cam.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got sick of my zagg. It wasn't scratched, i just got tired of it. It has a lot of orange peel and isnt really slippery. I am in love wih my e4gt all over again. It looks so nice without anything on the screen. Gonna give it a go without any protection now. i have my extended battery on too so my phone is naked. i do have the insurance though. Just gonna be super careful. i like the sound of that steinheil crystal and will use it if i have to make an insurance claim. Until then gonna enjoy this beauty.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I just received my set last week as well. They are the best I have seen and used! Covers the entire screen corner to corner except for the front facing cam.

Yep. With my TPU case, I wouldn't even be able to tell there was a cover on the screen if it wasn't for the camera and speaker cutouts.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI - I tried cleaning my Steinheil with an alcohol rubbing swab (my gf is a nurse) to get the smudges and streaks off. Don't do that. It leaves a bizarre film all over the screen. I was able to buff it off with a tissue no problem, but just an FYI that alcohol swabs don't work right.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
IMO, Steinheil is the same kind of marketing hype as Zagg, just not quite as bad..
I'm using a 1.99 cheapo Ebay screen protector, crystal clear, and just as rigid and impossible to detect as my Steinhell was, and It works just as well, for 90% less...

To each his own, I guess...

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
IMO, Steinheil is the same kind of marketing hype as Zagg, just not quite as bad..
I'm using a 1.99 cheapo Ebay screen protector, crystal clear, and just as rigid and impossible to detect as my Steinhell was, and It works just as well, for 90% less...

To each his own, I guess...

I don't know if I agree with that. I was in Best Buy and Fry's Electronics yesterday, and I didn't find Steinheil anywhere in the Mobile area. In fact, I had never heard of the brand before joining this site. I actually prefer the hard, stiff protectors over the rubbery/gummy ones like Zagg and the like on eBay cuz they don't bubble, ripple, or "orange peel". Both Steinheil and Zagg are def overpriced, but I did get 2 protectors for $13, 30% of the cost of Zagg. It's easy to see the markup and marketing of Zagg products in the retail world though.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
steinhell is sold online only, I believe, so you won't see it at any retailers..

the ones I got on ebay were not the orange peel/rubbery type; they are very similar to the Steinhells; clear, glass like, and smooth as glass..
There are lots of ty ones on Ebay, though, so you have to be careful, but, hey, for a buck or 2, if you get something you don't like, you just can it, and try a different one!

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had Zagg and those cheap one's from the mall that are paper thin.. Zagg is the thickest I've seen.. I think they are the best. As far as scratches go, I never read its scratch resistant, but if I did, I wouldn't have believed it. It a cheap piece of plastic man. If you are that rough with your phone you should get a bluetooth and rock it out all day every day. Lol. I work outside and I have a Ballistic case with a Zagg sp. Works for me.

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Not to mention i got a personal note when i got mine...
"Thank You :) ~ Jean" (anyone know who she is anyways? lol)

2 for $13.. not bad considering the fact that it feels like glass and most people I've shown my E4GT to never noticed it till they looked at the FFC.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention i got a personal note when i got mine...
"Thank You :) ~ Jean" (anyone know who she is anyways? lol)

2 for $13.. not bad considering the fact that it feels like glass and most people I've shown my E4GT to never noticed it till they looked at the FFC.

I did not get a personalized note in my package. But I did have a cute mail carrier deliver them to me, so that's good enough :-*

For $13, they are worth a shot. That's $6 each....way less expensive than Zagg but a tad pricier than eBay junk. I think they're worth it. I do wish they were finger smudge-free though - that would icing on the cake.

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I use the anti-fingerprint Steinheil (Ultra Fine) - started with the Ultra Clear - which was great - but I did experience the oily fingerprint issue.

The Ultra Fine has more of a mat finish which I really like - helps with glare and I don't have the fingerprint issue. The Ultra Fine also cleans easily.

I used to use PhantomSkinz which I thought were great - but they fall short of the Steinheil in overall quality and feel - plus I really hate the wet application. The dry application on the Steinheil is absolutely painless. Don't know about anyone else - but putting all that water on such an expensive device - so I can protect it - doesn't make much sense. Especially since the dry application and Steinheil is a better product overall.

I also use the TPU case - I feel very secure with both. Though I have had issues with my TPU case catching the edge of my screen protector... I ended up trimming some of the corners on the case to alleviate that problem.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Amazingly the sprint branded package screen protectors work amazing.

Had the one on two different ET4G's (yes one protector two phones) and its still in top quality shape.

Otherwise, go for the cheap stuff and replace it every 4-6 months

stupidman

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Zagg screen protector when I bought my phone. They claim that it's unscratchable. They are full of it! I'm in my third one in two months and it has a scratch as well. A scuff even at that.

WTF!
I don't think they ever say the plastic is actually scratch proff I mean they have videos of them scratching them its that your actual phone screen won't and they work very well nothing will be unscratchable and touch screen

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I let mine fall between the bed and th night stand and now have a scuffle on my screen protector. Thank you Zagg for being so AWESOME! Not.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I let mine fall between the bed and th night stand and now have a scuffle on my screen protector. Thank you Zagg for being so AWESOME! Not.

Sounds like it did its job, which is PROTECTING the screen. So what's the problem here?

Without the protector, you would have a scratch in your screen instead.

RickzSII

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it did its job, which is PROTECTING the screen. So what's the problem here?

Without the protector, you would have a scratch in your screen instead.

I agree with kd0axs it did its job. its a screen protector remove the protector and see if you're screen is scuffed or scratched

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae