1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Great Otterbox Replacement

I bought one of these (off of ebay of course) 2 weeks after i got my Epic touch i got tired of waiting for Otterbox. It is really a good case

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Default Re: Great Otterbox Replacement

Very interesting. Makes the device looks like a dog bone.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

I really like the Case Mate tough case. A little thicker than TPU but thinner than Ballistic, nice grip, and great drop protection. I don't miss my otterbox commuter case at all now.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Very happy with the Trident case.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post
    I really like the Case Mate tough case. A little thicker than TPU but thinner than Ballistic, nice grip, and great drop protection. I don't miss my otterbox commuter case at all now.
    Thought I'd throw my 2c in there having just finished evaluating the Seidio Surface, a TPU case from Amazon (Cimo S-line), and this Case-Mate Tough.

The Case-Mate is quite big relative to the others, and while it undoubtedly provides good drop protection (exactly how much more than the others is debatable, as they all offer some in this regard), the top and bottom are not covered by the hard shell and the silicon is *very* loose (and low quality).

This means it can easily be pulled away, allowing grit/grime/whathaveyou to get on at least some of the surfaces you're trying to protect, plus it attracts and holds lint like nobody's business.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

DISREGARD entirely, i see that they have an add on kit for this... thanks! ok, silly question, I've been looking for a case, but does the Ballistic case for the SGSIIET4G (```Whew```) come with a screen protector like the Otterbox cases do? (not the stick on kind...but a clear layer?) for that kind of money it should be all inclusive (Love Otterbox cases, worth the wait 'to me' for screen protection *that works* though) Thanks in advance.
    Flashaholic

ROM
    PACman

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDiva View Post
    DISREGARD entirely, i see that they have an add on kit for this... thanks! ok, silly question, I've been looking for a case, but does the Ballistic case for the SGSIIET4G (```Whew```) come with a screen protector like the Otterbox cases do? (not the stick on kind...but a clear layer?) for that kind of money it should be all inclusive (Love Otterbox cases, worth the wait 'to me' for screen protection *that works* though) Thanks in advance.
    SGSIIE4GT*

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk