Great Otterbox Replacement

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I really like the Case Mate tough case. A little thicker than TPU but thinner than Ballistic, nice grip, and great drop protection. I don't miss my otterbox commuter case at all now.

burrrton

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I really like the Case Mate tough case. A little thicker than TPU but thinner than Ballistic, nice grip, and great drop protection. I don't miss my otterbox commuter case at all now.

Thought I'd throw my 2c in there having just finished evaluating the Seidio Surface, a TPU case from Amazon (Cimo S-line), and this Case-Mate Tough.

The Case-Mate is quite big relative to the others, and while it undoubtedly provides good drop protection (exactly how much more than the others is debatable, as they all offer some in this regard), the top and bottom are not covered by the hard shell and the silicon is *very* loose (and low quality).

This means it can easily be pulled away, allowing grit/grime/whathaveyou to get on at least some of the surfaces you're trying to protect, plus it attracts and holds lint like nobody's business.

anon(6083)

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
DISREGARD entirely, i see that they have an add on kit for this... thanks! ok, silly question, I've been looking for a case, but does the Ballistic case for the SGSIIET4G (```Whew```) come with a screen protector like the Otterbox cases do? (not the stick on kind...but a clear layer?) for that kind of money it should be all inclusive (Love Otterbox cases, worth the wait 'to me' for screen protection *that works* though) Thanks in advance.

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
DISREGARD entirely, i see that they have an add on kit for this... thanks! ok, silly question, I've been looking for a case, but does the Ballistic case for the SGSIIET4G (```Whew```) come with a screen protector like the Otterbox cases do? (not the stick on kind...but a clear layer?) for that kind of money it should be all inclusive (Love Otterbox cases, worth the wait 'to me' for screen protection *that works* though) Thanks in advance.

SGSIIE4GT* :p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol