Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Who wants an amazing deal? Act fast.

Hey folks, I just found a great deal on eBay. It's most probably temporary, so if you want it, buy it now before its gone. Two 3800mAh extended batteries + two extended battery covers for $5.89 shipped free out of NY from a trustable seller:

2x 3800mAh Extended Battery Cover for Samsung Galaxy S ll 2 Epic 4G Touch D710 | eBay

AMERICA.
    EVOLUTION: Sanyo 8100>LG Fusic>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>HTC Evo 4G>Samsung Epic 4G>HTC Evo 3D>Samsung Nexus S 4G>Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Default Re: Who wants an amazing deal? Act fast.

Good find! I hope it is a good brand of battery-

ROM
    Stock for now.

I'll take my chances, 6$ not a big loss.

I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

am i missing where it says that it includes the batteries? looks to me like it just says "battery cover"

Quote Originally Posted by Treesham View Post
    am i missing where it says that it includes the batteries? looks to me like it just says "battery cover"
    Bottom right of the listing:
    Package Includes:
    2 x Extended Battery
    2 x Battery Cover

I'll bite for $6.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Just ordered, thanks for the heads up!!!

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

ordered thanks!

just got an email from the seller... Looks like the price was a typo. I'm not sure I'm interested for $15.89....

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by L A Z I Z A View Post
    Hey folks, I just found a great deal on eBay. It's most probably temporary, so if you want it, buy it now before its gone. Two 3800mAh extended batteries + two extended battery covers for $5.89 shipped free out of NY from a trustable seller:

2x 3800mAh Extended Battery Cover for Samsung Galaxy S ll 2 Epic 4G Touch D710 | eBay

AMERICA.
    As of the time of this posting, the price has been increased to $45.89 plus $19.99 S/H. Am glad I ordered one before the price increase.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I just got the same email. Not sure if I even need to respond to it, if it will be automatically canceled if I don't pay the extra $$, or what.

ROM
    Stock for now.

actually they only are asking for an additional 7$ to fulfill the order on the sake of the order.

That or a refund.

Its nice they are even offering such a choice, many businesses would have just refunded w/out notice.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

For the people who bought it on Feb 29th or very early on March 1st, the price was honored and the items were shipped. I bought the first one at $5.89 and bought another not long after. Both of my purchases were shipped out in the early afternoon on March 1st. I DID write in the subject of this thread, "Act fast."

If you're one of the people receiving an email to renegotiate the seller's profit margin, don't be discouraged. And yes, I said renegotiate the seller's profit margin. Even at $5.89, he's still making a profit. That's how cheap these accessories are coming out of China. The people who are getting 'ebay-robbed' are the people that payed anything more than $10 for any kind/brand of extended battery.

He's negotiating. He's going high with $7 when you should be going low with $2 or $3. Accepting his $7 offer isn't ideal, unless you like getting screwed in a deal. Canceling the whole deal all together isn't a smart thing to do either, especially since you have more power here than he does because he's the one that's in breach of eBay's "Selling practices policy"(look it up), not you. Also, he'll do almost anything to not receive negative feedback. So basically, just let him know that you're entitled to the item for the price you paid for that he set himself and that such an error in price shouldn't have been made in the first place from such an experienced seller, and that you have no problem in taking negative action against any seller if you feel that your rights as a buyer are being misused. Afterwards, tell him you're willing to make a considerate concession toward the seller and offer to pay a couple of bucks more with a direct payment to him through Paypal to make his problem go away. I'm speaking from experience and if you negotiate it right, it'll be easy peasy lemon squeezy. Side note: try to make a habit of negotiating for things you want/deserve. You'll be surprised at what you can get.

If anyone is wondering after what I said above about negotiating, I'm most definitely not a blood sucking lawyer. I am a meat popsicle. (kudos if you get that.)

About the pricing error, going from $18.89 to $5.89 is an incredibly dumb "pricing error" to be made, that is if the seller is telling the truth. Nevermind his extensive eBay experience, how someone goes from the numbers 18 to 5 on an error with a keyboard and eyes is beyond common sense. One could even argue that its OK for him to be in this situation because of it, and that he'll make sure it won't happen again. Thus, making him a better seller. So, we're helping him. lol

I have a theory about how the seller 'caught on' to his $5.89 price. He discontinued it not long after two unappreciative people made offers on March 1st for an even better price. Really? $5.89 wasn't a good enough price for you for not 1, but 2 sets? Really?? lol

Last thing, regarding the price it currently is, $45.89 + $19.99 shipping. Most people are unaware of this, but whenever you see a price suddenly soar like this on a general eBay item, its because the seller has currently sold out of them or only has one left and they're awaiting a new shipment. They don't want to remove the item altogether from the market because its less of a hassle to just raise the price to a ridiculous number than remove and repost. Also they don't want to pay to repost it again. It's out of convenience. The seller doesn't expect it to sell at that high price, although I've oddly seen it happen once or twice. That's why this seller (hi-etech, accmonster, gadgettown: all three are the same person) has his price(s) for E4GT extended batteries the way it is now. It'll go back to a more normal price in a couple of weeks when he gets restocked.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by L A Z I Z A; 03-02-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    EVOLUTION: Sanyo 8100>LG Fusic>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>HTC Evo 4G>Samsung Epic 4G>HTC Evo 3D>Samsung Nexus S 4G>Samsung Epic 4G Touch