anyone using a portable BT keyboard with their gs2?

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating a BT keyboard... just wondering if anyone else is using one (which one?), and how's it working out.

Used to love my Palm/Treo keyboards, but they're all IR or direct connect. :-(

Thanks in advance.

burrrton

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Why on earth would you carry a keyboard around with you unless you're doing heavy word-processing (in which case I'd wonder why you're doing that on a phone)?

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I used to use my Palms with a folding keyboard all the time... medium word processing mostly - short letters, respond to e-mails, etc. I'd use it to take notes in meetings and not have to type in later what I'd already written down manually. Beat carrying around PIA heavy hot laptop.

For $20 I'll probably give that mini a try. I'm going to shoot for one of the stowaway folding keyboards used. I'm just not gonna pay some of the prices I've seen on ebay.

One of my old folding keyboards colapsed to a little under the size of two decks of cards side-by-side, but had a bigger footprint than my desktop keyboard. Very nice.

mcs

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Why on earth would you carry a keyboard around with you unless you're doing heavy word-processing (in which case I'd wonder why you're doing that on a phone)?

Being a woman, I would rather carry my phone and a small folding keyboard in a small handbag than have to carry a larger bag for a laptop. I do some writing on my lunch break and often send longish e-mails, and it is more pleasant to type on a proper keyboard (I am a 100+ wpm touch typist) than on the small phone keyboard, though I love Swype for short e-mails. I can't use my work computer for personal e-mail, which is why I have a smartphone. People have different situations that call for different solutions.

I have an old Palm-branded BT keyboard from my Treo days, and it works with the S2 after a fashion. Some of the keys don't work and it can be a mild pain to pair it with the phone. Also it's starting to show some wear (the ratchet where the keyboard folds is coming apart).

I'm thinking about getting one of the Verbatim keyboards. Looks like it's compatible with Android 3.0.

bobwonderful

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I use my HP/Palm Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard with it. It works well. I bought a few extra when they were sold out as I thought I may need one or two extras for my office or if I bought another Touchpad. If you want one, I'll sell it for the same price I bought it for $35. Nice touch feeling keyboard and pairs really easily. Brand new in box.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
For shorter stuff I'm using the voice-to-text. Works pretty well, but probably not 100+ wpm.

Picked up a couple gently used folding Stowaway Universal Bluetooth Keyboards (Think Outside) from eBay. Keyboard is a little smaller than I'd like, but I'm not typing a novel, so I can live with it.

Pairing a bit goofy at first, but no problem at all.

Keyboard works fine. If you're looking, this model works well.

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Ive been using an Apple refurb wirless keyboard. Works perfect. All the controls ( volume, brightness etc) Sleek batteries last forever

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Bigt2003

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I got a cheap $10 keyboard off eBay. It's not like typing on a regular keyboard, but it's good for when the phone's docked. Then I use the Null Keyboard from the market to keep an IME from taking up half the screen.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781