Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By steddora
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trexcell 3800mAh battery with back cover!

Figured I might as well. I ran the stock battery for a week or so to get a "feel" for it. Once this bad boy came, I installed it and off it went to sit in the dark charging. After 5 complete charges; it seems like the battery has hit its full potential.

I don't have any time with other styles of extended battery, but do have some comparisons for you.

Pandora.. at work.. 6AM to 11:30AM, I averaged about 15% battery left on 3g.

That was an average for around 5 days...

Now, the extended battery really has shown itself off lately. I use it as my portable radio 95% of the time. Love pandora xD Anyways.. Extended battery by lunch time has ran anywhere between 43% as a low and I've ended up with 59% on occasions where I don't get many emails or anything.

I then can play the thing out for the rest of my day from 12:00PM to 3:30PM and it has not once died. Lowest result has been a 15% and I've seen as good as 31% left after a full nine hours of Pandora streaming! So, it's well worth the $20 I put into it for sure.

Tips on battery life..

Wifi.. OMFG, turn it off if you don't need it. It CAN and WILL eat a battery alive if you're close to a wifi spot and go in and out. Even if you don't connect, it'll still search...

GPS.. doesn't eat that much really in standby, but definitely close to wifi finding a signal on and off.

Screen time.. that screen can slaughter battery unlike any other.. If you don't need it, keep it off. Usually my screen percentage is at about 12% after a day of pandora.. And that includes switching stations now and again.

Power saving mode.. Set the phone up before hand, and heck yeah.

Overall.. The back for the new battery was dang near perfect. Aside from a very slight mismatch on the bottom of the cover, it's PERFECT. Love the "white and black" phone. I get asked about that a lot.

Thickness, it's not as bad as you would think. I love it as it feels so much better in my hand and so much more secure.

Weight, null point here. Weight is only increased by a few ounces really. Still isn't overbearing like an old fatboy flip phone. LOL

I would give it 4.5 stars out of 5, just for the case mismatch. Other than that; it's one of the most "epic" upgrades I've done. Won't even think about that stock battery anymore. As a matter of fact, I'm ordering my second shortly!
    My phone is faster than my PC was in 2004! What the...
    rossbow likes this.

Default Re: Trexcell 3800mAh battery with back cover!

Can you tell me what you've been getting (on avg) for Screen On time before battery drain? Thank you.

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

Are all 3800 batteries the same? I've tried those other ones from ebay, the black ones, and they don't last too much longer than the 2100. I haven't had any good luck with the black unbranded batteries. Figured they were all the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Motorola Droid Maxx
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Master Yun View Post
    Can you tell me what you've been getting (on avg) for Screen On time before battery drain? Thank you.
    I'm on my phone at least three hours a day. I use it for browsing, shopping, and some games. So the screen is on a lot. On average I'd say it easily doubled my battery life under similar usage!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    Are all 3800 batteries the same? I've tried those other ones from ebay, the black ones, and they don't last too much longer than the 2100. I haven't had any good luck with the black unbranded batteries. Figured they were all the same.

Different batteries can have different cells. Quality of the cells can make a giant difference in performance. Hence the reason most professional radio control drivers choose high quality batteries over the cost effective as the cells are higher quality. T the better the quality, the more performance; just like a cellphone battery!

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

And trexcell is a good quality one? If so, I might have to give it a try.

Motorola Droid Maxx

Global Posts
    2,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock EL29

Quote Originally Posted by steddora View Post
    Figured I might as well. I ran the stock battery for a week or so to get a "feel" for it. Once this bad boy came, I installed it and off it went to sit in the dark charging. After 5 complete charges; it seems like the battery has hit its full potential.

I don't have any time with other styles of extended battery, but do have some comparisons for you.

Pandora.. at work.. 6AM to 11:30AM, I averaged about 15% battery left on 3g.

That was an average for around 5 days...

Now, the extended battery really has shown itself off lately. I use it as my portable radio 95% of the time. Love pandora xD Anyways.. Extended battery by lunch time has ran anywhere between 43% as a low and I've ended up with 59% on occasions where I don't get many emails or anything.

I then can play the thing out for the rest of my day from 12:00PM to 3:30PM and it has not once died. Lowest result has been a 15% and I've seen as good as 31% left after a full nine hours of Pandora streaming! So, it's well worth the $20 I put into it for sure.

Tips on battery life..

Wifi.. OMFG, turn it off if you don't need it. It CAN and WILL eat a battery alive if you're close to a wifi spot and go in and out. Even if you don't connect, it'll still search...

GPS.. doesn't eat that much really in standby, but definitely close to wifi finding a signal on and off.

Screen time.. that screen can slaughter battery unlike any other.. If you don't need it, keep it off. Usually my screen percentage is at about 12% after a day of pandora.. And that includes switching stations now and again.

Power saving mode.. Set the phone up before hand, and heck yeah.

Overall.. The back for the new battery was dang near perfect. Aside from a very slight mismatch on the bottom of the cover, it's PERFECT. Love the "white and black" phone. I get asked about that a lot.

Thickness, it's not as bad as you would think. I love it as it feels so much better in my hand and so much more secure.

Weight, null point here. Weight is only increased by a few ounces really. Still isn't overbearing like an old fatboy flip phone. LOL

I would give it 4.5 stars out of 5, just for the case mismatch. Other than that; it's one of the most "epic" upgrades I've done. Won't even think about that stock battery anymore. As a matter of fact, I'm ordering my second shortly!
    do you have a link for the battery you bought?

Thanks.

Just got mine from Amazon for 16.99 and a TPU case as well for 9.00 I did what it said ans let it discharge and got a solid 16 hours super heavy use. However...... My phone was very laggy. Gonna charge it overnight and run it a couple times
    To see if it improves.

Well ive had it now for a week and its running strong. Can go a good 20 hours with constant podcast streaming all day at work and using a bluetooth keyboard and speaker. Bought the TPU CASE AS WELL. Just wish it wasnt so bulky

i have the same battery on my Epic touch 4g, and gotta tell u, it is amazing, the most i got outta of it was 2 1/2 days, with avarage use, everything was on, autosync,GPS,Weather Sync ect... i've tried heavy use and i got a day and 12hr, extremely happy with it .
    i am running cyangenmod 10. paranoidandroid 4.1.2jb.... luv it

I guess the oversized battery/back combo won't fit in a regular size case, will it?