[ACS] [How to] Development, Tips, Reviews (16 videos)

ntborg

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ACS] [How to] Root and get free wifi hotspot AND Unroot (3 v

I am rooted now where do I get the superuser app from? Using the et4g-rootish5.tar file?

ntborg

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

I am rooted now where do I get the superuser app from? Using the et4g-rootish5.tar file?

I downloaded superuser from market however it wants to update and says it can't the rootish5.tar didn't show superuser in applications so I downloaded it however it wont update.. Phone is rooted as wifi tether works however sueruser prompts me each time I start and stop it.

ntborg

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Well if you goofed like I did and downloaded the one from the market get file expert and change settings to root access then look under system\app you will find the superuser.apk file that works just uninstall the other that you downloaded from market and run the one from system\app. :eek:

dkbvmip

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I am trying to unroot using instructions through terminal via mac. When it reboots, nothing happens, SU still present. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Help greatly appreciated!

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to install a Samba program but it says I need to root or SU my phone.

I downloaded Superuser version 3.0 from the market and it doesn't seem to work?

Also. I noticed a setting on the phone under 'location and security' called 'select device administrators'.
It says you can add administrators but there doesn't seem to be a way to add an administrator?

Since I'm an Android newbie (coming from a webos), I don't want to make any disastrous mistakes.

Thanks for the help!

Rob

PS Tried to read some of the posts regarding rooting. Wow, this is way more complicated than WebOS. All I need to do is have SU access according to the Samba app. Do you really have to root your device to gain SU access.

With WebOS all I had to do was turn on developer mode. From what I'm reading I need to perform some very complicated instructions. I need to be sure I won't mess up the phone. So I need very clear step by step instructions. Sorry, I'm sure once I do it, it will seem very easy. It's the first time that is scary!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited: