[Kernel]Zedomax Epic Touch Kernel [1.6Ghz OC][Quadrant 4000+][ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedomax

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
epic-4g-touch-overclock-690x438.jpg

So, I've compiled a new overclockable kernel off xda users's NeoPhyTe.x360 SG2 kernel, this should give you better battery life and also performance when you needed.

Video Tour:

Video Update on CWM:

For those of you who weren't getting good battery life and also wasn't getting performance, this kernel should help.

At stock 1.2Ghz (with no setCPU), you can get your performance back, getting like near 3400 on Quadrant without overclocking.

*Note - As always, this is experimental kernel, flash it at your risk and don't take the battery out while you use ODIN!!!

UPDATE: After using it for couple hours at 1.5Ghz, it works really well, everything works faster at 1.5Ghz!!! good battery life too.

Features:
Root+SU (yes, roots your phone too if coming from stock)
ClockworkMod Recovery (USB Mount not working in recovery but will fix soon)
To get into recovery, hold down Volume Up and Power button together until you see orange menus.
Can be overclocked to 1.6Ghz usig setCPU.
Long battery life with 500-1200 Mhz ondemand (the best to get low batt drain, should drain lower in sleep)
Lowest maximum freq blocked to 400mhz (so if you put 200-200, it will run 200-400, locked due to better performance)
Performance increases without overclocking.

zedomax-epic-touch-kernel-690x501.jpg

Overclocked users:
attachment.php

Download kernel tar file here and flash with Odin:
v2. Stock Recovery+Preroot+1.6OC + CWM Recovery:
Download Epic4GTouch/kernel/ZedomaxEpicTouchKernel/SPH-D710_Zedomax_EpicTouchKernel-v2.tar at DownloadAndroidROM.com

v1. Stock Recovery+Preroot+1.6OC:
Download Epic4GTouch/kernel/ZedomaxEpicTouchKernel/SPH-D710_Zedomax_EpicTouchKernel-v1.tar at DownloadAndroidROM.com

For those of you early adopters, please try and let me know of issues, thx!

Having issues with voice and data?

Most likely not from the kernel but you just need to do an MSL update, see video tutorial here.

Credits:

HUGE Thanks to NeoPhyTe.x360 for the overclocking code/files. and TeamHacksung for CWM code

Want to thank me?

Don't forget to check out my new site Epic 4G Touch Root, subscribe to my email list &&subscribe to my YouTube channel

***********contact****************
Want to contact me?
Add me on GooglePlus:
https://plus.google.com/105122758270056069711

Add me on Facebook:
Max Lee | Facebook

And me on twitter:
Max Lee and David (@zedomax) on Twitter

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Kernel]Zedomax Epic Touch Kernel [1.6Ghz OC][Quadrant 4000+]

Thanks for the hard work man! 4,400 Quadrant. Lulz.

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site

Hey Jay, I did the original root ZedoMax method. This was with Version one of the Kernal. I never did get clockwork. Is there something I need to do that I skipped? I can't seem to figure it out. I thought it would be included. If I boot to recovery I get "android system recovery" and instead of the orange menu I get a blue one with half the options. Obviously not clockwork... I've since flashed the v2 kernal.

Suggestions or can you point me in the right direction?

drdrewdown

Jun 5, 2010
www.wksportbike.com

Hey Jay, I did the original root ZedoMax method. This was with Version one of the Kernal. I never did get clockwork. Is there something I need to do that I skipped? I can't seem to figure it out. I thought it would be included. If I boot to recovery I get "android system recovery" and instead of the orange menu I get a blue one with half the options. Obviously not clockwork... I've since flashed the v2 kernal.

Suggestions or can you point me in the right direction?

should've got CWM recovery when you flashed v2. v1 didn't have CWM in it, but v2 does.

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... not sure what my next step would be. Like I'm familiar with cwm from the evo. This recovery is nothing like that. Just says Android recovery and tthe words are blue and not white. Ill post a pic here. I'd like to fix that issue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site

Thank you very much! I ended up flashing it again and everything is a-ok.

wonder why.. Or if we are some of the only ones. I'm going to say I doubt it but I haven't seen any topics about at xda. Well off to play zombies..!

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Thank you very much! I ended up flashing it again and everything is a-ok.

wonder why.. Or if we are some of the only ones. I'm going to say I doubt it but I haven't seen any topics about at xda. Well off to play zombies..!

No problem, glad it worked for u.

chosenhobo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Is it safe to use this if I have 2.3.6? Sorry, I'm completely new to rooting, don't want a $200 brick and two angry parents...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: dtm_stretch

chosenhobo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I used that and rooted my phone. I don't understand how to flash a ROM, however, I tried using ROM Manager to backup my stock ROM, but the little android guy with an exclamation mark in a triangle popped up so I had to pull the battery and go through the recovery screen to reboot. My phone is fine now, but I still want to flash a ROM so I can have some overclocking on my phone. Or do I not need a custom ROM to do that? Sorry, I'm new to all of this, I probably sound like an idiot right now... BTW, I can't download WiFi tethering app from the appstore; how am I supposed to utilize the unlocked tethering from rooting? Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress