tether that works? anyone?

vlbaston

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: tether that works??? anyone?

Thanks for everyone support, but that's the one I've been trying to get to work, every thing else works titanium backup ect... I'm coming from the Evo3d and I used that same one and it worked for that phone, only thing the routing fix had to be checked, but on my samsung Galaxy epic it's installs ok but when it starts it only goes as far as 0.4 kb 0.1 kb that's it, i rooted using odin, heck i had unrooted and rooted again, and used different kernel, I'll tell you anything I'm so confused i took one samsung back to sprint already lol, thinking the phone was bad, but I been in this root thing for a minute, i use the tether alot for my tablet, maybe someone comes out with a sprint hack hotspot like I had on my evo 3D aswell, but thinks again I'll keep fighting. :)

Reactions: flexyahmind

searchbug

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: tether that works??? anyone?

One of these Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting should work EVO_girl.

Load that site and download a file from your phone.

I installed the beta 6 recently. It worked on 3G, encryption didn't work as some have pointed out, but I'd rarely use it so I closed down the tether and put the phone down. I came back an hour later and my battery had dropped over 20% while asleep, which is far from normal. So I promptly uninstalled it and restarted. Maybe one of the other versions works better but I didn't like what it did to my battery.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
They work, but encryption doesn't... I used that to prevent anyone else from joining my network but enabling access control means I have to approve all connections...in which I feel some (false?) sense of security?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't Rooted my Phone, but seeing that EvoGirl has done it.. i should stop the wimpering, and do it already lol.

But while i was in Epic 4G( my first Samsung Phone, and First Contract phone on Sprint ), The Wifi Tether Beta, has an Option that its specific for Epic 4G, have you guys tried that option and see if 4G works? Due to the weird fact, that If you had 4G on, it freezes the Wifi Tether beta on the Epic 4G, though when this option is enabled, it shuts off the 4G (if on) before loading,then turns the 4G back on.

let me know how that works out :), will be rooting my ET4G soon, woot!
I've just been scared of not being able to Return the phone to Full Factory Stock through Odin or whatever.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I did see that option and I chose it, it did freeze....then I pulled the battery and all was well, except that it started with errors...every version I've download has... could be user error, I imagine..

As for rooting, don't be a chicken. Lol it literally took 7 seconds. (Of pure white knuckled fear where I may or may not have covered my eyes)

I explained how to root the Evo 4g from a woman's perspective, and had a lot of people thank me (this woman asks a crap-ton of questions, ask Jay! He knows) because sometimes men on these forums can be vague, especially forgetting they are talking to a lot of inexperienced people...details are very important. Jay was extremely patient and helpful, as was another member (sbsh....something) and thorough!

Now I'm going to bug Jay after he flashes Starburst to teach me how to do that. ;-)

Reactions: Kikoshi

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I did see that option and I chose it, it did freeze....then I pulled the battery and all was well, except that it started with errors...every version I've download has... could be user error, I imagine..

As for rooting, don't be a chicken. Lol it literally took 7 seconds. (Of pure white knuckled fear where I may or may not have covered my eyes)

I explained how to root the Evo 4g from a woman's perspective, and had a lot of people thank me (this woman asks a crap-ton of questions, ask Jay! He knows) because sometimes men on these forums can be vague, especially forgetting they are talking to a lot of inexperienced people...details are very important. Jay was extremely patient and helpful, as was another member (sbsh....something) and thorough!

Now I'm going to bug Jay after he flashes Starburst to teach me how to do that. ;-)

Now where the Error's FC's?
Also don't forget that before you make any changes, or try to oflash something new, Make a Backup of the Current Rom you have just incase any battery pulls might be needed ect.. When i was with the Epic, for some odd reason, I got crazy FC's , and a simple flash of the last backup i made, fix it all. phew!
but scared? nah, i've rooted the Epic 4G, but by the time i did, all the methods have been worked out, and it was a "safe" rooting experience, but since ET4G methods are new. oh boy well you already know :).
Ahhh, and after you've bugged Jay, post it! I wanna give starburst a goo as well, i've been following on the rom updates!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Haha! No problem at all. I don't know when I'll be trying out Starburst. Maybe this week but maybe not. It'll probably depend a lot on my mood lol.

I've been taking root and ROMs slow on this phone, because the phone runs so nicely on stock already, and there's nothing wrong with being patient while the bugs are worked out. This phone has only been out for a bit over 5 weeks, so development is still in it's infancy.