hello all,

im growing very interested in ROMs as of late. im even flirting with the idea of making one for my personal phone. please point me to a link or article where i may read and learn some basics. i have built a linux machine, and i started to prep my machine following the steps on the source.android.com site but their repos seem to be down. thats as far as i go with that.

i bought a C programming book and set up a compiler on my windows laptop just so i can study on the weekend.

i just downloaded the "ice cream sandwich" dump from Jerry and i have little idea of what to do with it?????
    10-19-2011 11:07 AM
    XDA forums Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers is a good place to start. I'll to see what i can find when i get time. good luck. hope to see what you come up with.
    10-19-2011 09:16 PM
    thanks, ive managed to follow all the instructions from source.android.com.
    10-20-2011 06:52 PM
    thanks, ive managed to follow all the instructions from source.android.com.
    okay so i got the entire source code to download, that took about two hours.

i compiled the code but ive yet figured out how to run the Android emulator.

i signed up to an Android code building google group. (this is turning out to be invaluable)

oh.....i found a sweet video by a company Marakana > marakana.com

once i figure out this emulator part ill have more to report document.

another video i found

P.S. To that person out there a lot like me. "I won't leave you out there in the dark. Ima take you into the light with me."
    10-26-2011 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD