ICS ROM Booted on a E4GT

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
In case some of you don't follow the goings on over at the XDA forums, some developers for our phone have gotten a early ICS ROM to boot on the Epic 4G Touch. Very little is working at this point, but it's definitely a start. We're lucky to have some really talented developers and themers working on this phone. Here's a link to the thread, which includes a few nifty pictures in case you'd like to follow the progress ...

Link: [WIP][DEV]ICS ROM - BOOTING![Updated 11.17.11] | #ICS-DEV-E4GT - xda-developers

Very exciting!

Reactions: Uncle Louie

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Been toying with the thought of rooting, but have held out this long. Right now a working AOSP ICS would get me to root in a heartbeat :D

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, that was easy. Rooted and installed Calks rom with no issues.

You get a new phone yet or still on the old one? If on the old one, I bet you notice a drop in Android OS use. BTW, make sure you calibrate your battery after flashing a new ROM.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You get a new phone yet or still on the old one? If on the old one, I bet you notice a drop in Android OS use. BTW, make sure you calibrate your battery after flashing a new ROM.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk

Still waiting on a replacement. That is why I rooted and installed a Calks work. Android OS is way down, and I don't have that stair effect on my battery graph. Everything seems to be working fine on it but I won't know till I use at work, and I'm off all week.

Got a link how to calibrate the battery?

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
My phone is really screwed up. Sometime between 11pm and 7am my phone went into LOS and completely drained the battery. Now I'm not blaming Calk for LOS as my phone was doing it before I flashed. But with LOS and WiFi off why does the batter drain so fast. Hopefully replacement should be in today or tomorrow, they said 3 days and that was Thursday morning.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My phone is really screwed up. Sometime between 11pm and 7am my phone went into LOS and completely drained the battery. Now I'm not blaming Calk for LOS as my phone was doing it before I flashed. But with LOS and WiFi off why does the batter drain so fast. Hopefully replacement should be in today or tomorrow, they said 3 days and that was Thursday morning.

I believe people experience heavy battery drain during LOS because the phone is furiously trying to re-establish a signal but can't. So it's like a perpetual loop where the radio off but the OS is constantly working.

Until your new phone comes, I would recommend you flash a stock kernel in CWM. This one is probably your best bet ... [KERNEL/RECOVERY] Rogue *STOCK* v1.1 (Updated 11/19/11) - xda-developers , as it's from the same dev that created the kernel that is currently packaged with Calkulin's ROM. The kernel packaged with the ROM is very good, but it appears to be very susceptible to LOS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress