Another one of them "Phone shutting off" threads...

Dtadamson69

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
So i used my phone stock about the first month. Had no problems whatsoever. Decided to root it the other day. From stock i followed the autoroot method, installed the latest Starburst rom, and installed the ICS theme. For the most part the phone was running okay. No problems. But then today and last night i noticed that when i turn off the screen and leave the phone alone for a period of time it would shut off. At first i was like "oh please don't keep doing this". And today when it did it over and over again i decided to take action.

I figured i would start with assuming it was an app. I do download a lot of apps. But i figured it would have to be an app that has a good bit of control over my phone. So i narrowed it down to 3 apps: setcpu, autokiller memory optimizer, and LBE.

I figured if it was an app causing the problem then it would have to be an app like these that have a lot of control over any system part.

So i uninstalled Autokiller and SetCPU.(Both of which i paid for and can no longer get a refund for so i would eventually like to be able to use them.) I didn't uninstall LBE because for one, i'm very paranoid and like the added security, and for 2, it just didn't seem like it has the power to make my phone shut down.

So now i removed both of those apps from my phone via tit backup.

And for the last few hours i haven't had any problems! :)

It's still pretty early to tell for sure if the problem has gone away for good but it's defiantly gotten better.

But i did pay for those 2 apps and i would really like to be able to use them with out fear of my phone doing this stuff.

I'm really busy with work this week so i don't have the time to test each app and find out where the problem is coming from.

So i guess I'm just wondering if anyone has herd about anything like this? And what would be the best thing to do about fixing it. A friend at work said to format my SD card and system. I figure taking it back to stock and re rooting/installing the rom might work but i don't want to go through all that if it is a problem that others have come across and hopefully has an easy fix. And if it really is either one of those apps then i don't think that would do much.

Any ideas or support would be greatly appreciated.

Will eventually add to/tweak this post a little. Have to be up for work in 3.8ish hours.

cgalleria93

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
So i used my phone stock about the first month. Had no problems whatsoever. Decided to root it the other day. From stock i followed the autoroot method, installed the latest Starburst rom, and installed the ICS theme. For the most part the phone was running okay. No problems. But then today and last night i noticed that when i turn off the screen and leave the phone alone for a period of time it would shut off. At first i was like "oh please don't keep doing this". And today when it did it over and over again i decided to take action.

I figured i would start with assuming it was an app. I do download a lot of apps. But i figured it would have to be an app that has a good bit of control over my phone. So i narrowed it down to 3 apps: setcpu, autokiller memory optimizer, and LBE.

I figured if it was an app causing the problem then it would have to be an app like these that have a lot of control over any system part.

So i uninstalled Autokiller and SetCPU.(Both of which i paid for and can no longer get a refund for so i would eventually like to be able to use them.) I didn't uninstall LBE because for one, i'm very paranoid and like the added security, and for 2, it just didn't seem like it has the power to make my phone shut down.

So now i removed both of those apps from my phone via tit backup.

And for the last few hours i haven't had any problems! :)

It's still pretty early to tell for sure if the problem has gone away for good but it's defiantly gotten better.

But i did pay for those 2 apps and i would really like to be able to use them with out fear of my phone doing this stuff.

I'm really busy with work this week so i don't have the time to test each app and find out where the problem is coming from.

So i guess I'm just wondering if anyone has herd about anything like this? And what would be the best thing to do about fixing it. A friend at work said to format my SD card and system. I figure taking it back to stock and re rooting/installing the rom might work but i don't want to go through all that if it is a problem that others have come across and hopefully has an easy fix. And if it really is either one of those apps then i don't think that would do much.

Any ideas or support would be greatly appreciated.

Will eventually add to/tweak this post a little. Have to be up for work in 3.8ish hours.

i say you should try it one app at a time.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
So i'm thinking it's setCPU. Has anyone had any problems with running setCPU with this rom?

I haven't heard of any issues with this rom and setCPU. But the issue wouldn't be with the rom it would be with the kernel, so which kernel are you running? I know some of the Rouge kernels have standard undervolting which may be conflicting with setCPU. Are you doing any undervolting or adjusting any other settings?

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I recommend using auto root after flashing the Rom to put back the stock kernel and cwm. There is no kernel as stable right now as stock I am do not know why all the rom developers are still using to package other kernels in with their Roms.

The ET4G runs perfect without over clocking so I just don't see why people sacrifice reboots and LOS just to pull a higher benchmark score. My stock kernel ET4G will run exactly the same as any other ET4G that is over clocked.

Bottom line, if you want stable us the stock kernel.