Unofficial Cyanogenmod E4GT Port Released - Alpha

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Source Link: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12440-cyanogenmod-72-alpha/

Bubby323 has moved the project to Rootzwiki due to issues on the XDA forums. You can follow the link above for progress updates.

Not working yet:

4G (May never work - don't get your hopes up)

Update 1/9/12:

Everything is working now outside of 4G which we may never see, so I'd say this has officially reached daily driver status. I'm going to flash it when I get some time this week.

Last edited:

cntchds

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The best part about this being announced is that now they are a lot closer to going back to working on the ICS port. :D

I am not a huge fan of Gingerbread, and jumped ship from my Nexus S for better hardware, and I am going through ICS withdrawals.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
SMS is now working. I'd imagine the other stuff should be working soon as well, except for 4G. Anyone wanting to run this will probably have to accept the loss of 4G on their device for the foreseeable future (assuming you have it in your area .. I don't).

cntchds

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I could have sworn that on page 3 or so of that thread it said he figured out how to get the SMS and mms working. I think he just hasn't posted up the new ROM yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I could have sworn that on page 3 or so of that thread it said he figured out how to get the SMS and mms working. I think he just hasn't posted up the new ROM yet.

Yeah I posted that just above you, and just updated the OP. I'll keep the OP updated with further developments.

Reactions: cntchds

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Getting close.... but still some deal breakers. Hope they keep it up! Thanks for the updates! (I read here a lot more than at XDA, cause I am lazy, lol)

cntchds

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Bad news is that bubby was banned from XDA yesterday. From what I understand it was because he took advantage of a few users generosity and as soon as the things he "needed to build the ROM" (paraphrased) he stopped developing it.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
He's at rootzwiki now, still working on it

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/12440-Cyanogenmod-7.2-Alpha

Sent from my Blazing ET4G

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah bubby323 had some issues at XDA due to some exchanges that included his father regarding the T-Mobile SGS2 community and a donated phone and laptop that he was supposed to develop on for that device. Regardless, he's still working on the CM7 port for our phone.

I've updated the OP with the new link.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Updated the OP. External SD mounting and 911 calling now working. Haptic feedback was fixed awhile back but I missed it.

Just GPS and Bluetooth left. I'm not including 4G in this statement because we'll probably never see it on an unofficial build. WiMax is a pain to get working apparently.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Something I've noticed is that shortly after a reboot the vibrate in my phone dies. Just a warning for anybody who was thinking about flashing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital