ad hoc signal fixed yet????

porpherion

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You know, I keep reading about how this phone uses an ad hoc signal instead of an ap infrastructure, but all of my devices (PC, Kindle Fire, PS3, EVO 3D, and Samsung Conquer) can connect at once as if it were and AP. I don't have an actual tablet to test with, Kindle is the closest I have. I was wondering what about it is supposed to be so different from other phone wifi hotspots.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My win7 laptop reports it as adhoc, although my ipad seems to connect to it ok. I'm more concerned about the security - only seems to have MAC filtering which is not really security. On other phones, with wireless tether, it was AP mode and had WPA2 encryption.

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Right, that's the infrastructure mode using sprint's hotspots application. Wifi tether, not wireless tether, uses Adhoc mode if you are using 3.1 beta 6 (which is the only one I can get to work). It is indeed Adhoc mode if you use the wifi tether, although supposedly barnacle and a few others use infrastructure but I can not comment as I use sprint hotspot.

Stearmandriver

May 9, 2011
Visit site
[ACS][Mod][EK02][EL13][EL26][Deodex][Odex]Hotspot Mod Now With 4G! - xda-developers

Either pay for sprint hotspot or use the hack in that link for infrastructure connection. The 3rd party wireless tether apps like Wifi Tether all still use ad hoc only, unless I've missed something.

But that hotspot hack is 100% infrastructure... Just drove with a tablet tethered for a couple hours, worked prefect, even 4g some of the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12