Epic 4g Touch Root for EL29??

maalvarez34

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I'm new to the forums. I haven't messed with any rooting or anything like that for over a year. I use to flash roms and all that good stuff when I had my evo. I recently got the E4GT, it's brand new and hasn't been rooted or messed with in any way. (I've just removed some bloatware). I recently accepted the EL29 OTA a few days ago and today I had the urge to root my E4GT. My question is, is there a root for the EL29 update for someone who's coming off of a new/never rooted phone?

Thank You

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I'm new to the forums. I haven't messed with any rooting or anything like that for over a year. I use to flash roms and all that good stuff when I had my evo. I recently got the E4GT, it's brand new and hasn't been rooted or messed with in any way. (I've just removed some bloatware). I recently accepted the EL29 OTA a few days ago and today I had the urge to root my E4GT. My question is, is there a root for the EL29 update for someone who's coming off of a new/never rooted phone?

Thank You

The links and program that "sfhub" put together worked great until the update, because Samsung blocked the exploit that he was previously using. Therefore, right now, I think people have to use ODIN (whatever that is....never used it myself) in order to root. I'm sure sfhub and the folks at XDA are working on an easier method. There are a few peeps on here tho that are pretty crafty with rooting, hopefully one of them will chime in soon.

Reactions: maalvarez34

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Thank You

Welcome aboard,

Just so you know, if you haven't rooted then you haven't removed any bloatware. You have probably just removed the stuff sprint allows you to remove.

Since you have accepted the EL29 there is only one way to obtain root. That method involves using odin, a program Samsung created to flash firmware to a phone, to push a firmware package that Sfhub has created. The package does not wipe any data(unless you want it to) and will contain root. This is just as simple as any one click method.

Reactions: maalvarez34

maalvarez34

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard,

Just so you know, if you haven't rooted then you haven't removed any bloatware. You have probably just removed the stuff sprint allows you to remove.

Since you have accepted the EL29 there is only one way to obtain root. That method involves using odin, a program Samsung created to flash firmware to a phone, to push a firmware package that Sfhub has created. The package does not wipe any data(unless you want it to) and will contain root. This is just as simple as any one click method.

Oh ok. Thank you for helping! To use the ODIN method, would that be this link? [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) - xda-developers

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I recently reverted from ICS back to GB EL29 which also rooted my phone. now that I'm rooted, what does that mean? It's a work provided phone, so I'm not looking to do anything crazy, but maybe remove some bloatware.. how is this done?

shendog00

May 15, 2012
Visit site
hI noob here. I would like to root My Samsung galaxy S2, to allow the use of Roam control. I recently accepted the Over Air update to ICS. Will this method still work for my phone and will it be reverted back to Gingerbread?

I appreciate any help you can offer!

Shen

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
hI noob here. I would like to root My Samsung galaxy S2, to allow the use of Roam control. I recently accepted the Over Air update to ICS. Will this method still work for my phone and will it be reverted back to Gingerbread?

Shen

you just need odin.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Shen

The root method thread stickied right at the top of this forum will provide root and keep you on the latest ICS. Using the No Data version will keep your existing application data as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca