Did I loose a core?

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
As I looked at system info in Quadrant Standard I noticed that under CPU info it shows that my Samsung Epic Touch has one core instead of two? I had not noticed before if it was two or one. Quadrant speeds are always around 4000 or better. Anyone notice this on there Epics. ??? Running SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) w/ Rogue recovery phone runs very smooth with good battery life, best improvement since going from rooted EG30 to this EL29 system has been video play quality and radio reception, I really miss scrolling wallpaper in background as you moved from home page to other pages that gave my wallpapers a 3D quality while moving pages, anyone know how to get it back????:eek:

See images.

EDIT******

In ref to the disapearing scrollable wallpaper, I just flashed Calkulin's E4GT v2.8.1 [ EL29 l Fast l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script Rom and I HAVE MY SCROLLABLE WALLPAPERS BACK, this rom features the neverending home pages but I guess the Dev's incorporated that feature into the rom, as you get to the last page before it goes back the image does this little flick, like a reset, you bearly notice it. Thanks to Calkulin for putting that rom together, this was apleasant surprise...

Last edited:

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hay Jay, No real worry, I figure its a program glitch with Quad. But on the Misses phone same model Epic touch Quad. shows 2 cores? Any way telling by the way the phone performs I know theres two cores kicking some butt....but I still miss the scrolling wall paper:(, its those never ending pages on home screen action that sidelined the scrolling effect... oh well I guess Ill get over it.

Thanks for the input... :)

Pp.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Quadrant has been updated to support dual cores

/still don't care

:p

Really? I hadn't seen that, it must have just updated within the past day or so. I just checked for market updates and sure enough there's a Quadrant update. Well there's your answer Pancho. You have the updated version on the "Misses" phone but haven't updated it on yours.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Really? I hadn't seen that, it must have just updated within the past day or so. I just checked for market updates and sure enough there's a Quadrant update. Well there's your answer Pancho. You have the updated version on the "Misses" phone but haven't updated it on yours.

You must be actually working today. The update has been out for a good while... Like 2 hrs lol ;)

Sent from my Blazing ET4G

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hay Jay, Thats probably the case between my 2 Epics, it makes sence because I installed it yesterday on her phone when I saw the annomally on my phone i only had it on my phone. Thanks for the input guys. :)
Will check for update today.