Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: [ROOT] [E4GT] Latest Method for FF18 (ICS) Firmware

The OP has been updated with the latest information.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Hello. Linux user, new to this device, but not Android. Looking to get it done via Heimdall and try out Dark_Knight2's AOKP or other stable and featured ROM (also open to suggestions there).

Two questions:
    1. What is the deal or problem with the infamous triangle counter? How can that be a problem? Does moving to an FF18 ROM such as AOKP trip it?

2. What version of Heimdall works best with this device and process? I see that v1.32 is the latest, but it breaks functionality with several unlisted devices.

Thanks!
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    Hello. Linux user, new to this device, but not Android. Looking to get it done via Heimdall and try out Dark_Knight2's AOKP or other stable and featured ROM (also open to suggestions there).

Two questions:
    1. What is the deal or problem with the infamous triangle counter? How can that be a problem? Does moving to an FF18 ROM such as AOKP trip it?

2. What version of Heimdall works best with this device and process? I see that v1.32 is the latest, but it breaks functionality with several unlisted devices.

Thanks!

The only process that triggers the yellow boot screen triangle and increases the Odin flash count is when you use the PC version of Odin to flash a kernel that has not been officially signed by Samsung. Flashing a stock signed kernel using PC Odin will not trigger it. Flashing ANY kernel using the app Mobile Odin also will not trigger it. I'm not sure whether or not Heimdall triggers it though.

If you're currently on the stock Samsung ICS ROM, it recommended that you flash another ICS ROM like AOKP from a Gingerbread kernel/recovery to be 100% sure you will not trigger the emmc brick bug. The EL26+CWM5 kernel/recovery is the one that's most commonly used. So, you need to use Odin to flash this unsigned kernel before you can proceed and flash AOKP. This is why most people (like me) use Mobile Odin. It's quicker, easier, and does not trigger the triangle or flash count. Mobile Odin Lite can be downloaded for free from XDA or you can buy the full version from the Play Store.

If you do trigger either, you can either use the app Triangle Away or use a USB jig to reset the flash count to zero and get rid of the triangle.

I'm afraid I can't help regarding Heimdall. I do own a Mac, but I'm a PC guy and have never used it. sfhub's one-click root threads have some information about using Heimdall to flash.
    Thanked by:

I am rooted on EG30 still - can i use this? or do i have to do anything before i can flash this?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by sheit View Post
    I am rooted on EG30 still - can i use this? or do i have to do anything before i can flash this?
    You can be on absolutely anything and run this process. So, to answer your question, no you don't have to do anything before flashing.
    Thanked by:
    sheit 

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

JayWill72 I am on CM9 rom and want to start over again, should I ODIN back to a GB rom and then flash to a rooted stock ICS rom or can I flash back to a rooted stock ICS rom directly from CM9 using ODIN?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by beetljuc View Post
    JayWill72 I am on CM9 rom and want to start over again, should I ODIN back to a GB rom and then flash to a rooted stock ICS rom or can I flash back to a rooted stock ICS rom directly from CM9 using ODIN?
    You can go anywhere you want from any current OS using Odin. GB to ICS, ICS to GB, CM9 (or any AOSP ROM) to stock ICS ... anything. If there is a full Odin TAR available for it, you can get there. So, to answer your last question, yes, you can Odin the FF18 rooted stock ICS ROM directly from CM9.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    You can go anywhere you want from any current OS using Odin. GB to ICS, ICS to GB, CM9 (or any AOSP ROM) to stock ICS ... anything. If there is a full Odin TAR available for it, you can get there. So, to answer your last question, yes, you can Odin the FF18 rooted stock ICS ROM directly from CM9.
    Thanks! You guys are awesome!

does anyone know how to recover files deleted from my phone. like pictures i took of a cheating wife.
    also my phone came with a voice recorder application and i recorded something that my cheating wife deleted, is there anyway to recover that?

thank you any help would be much appreciated it.
    chris
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by smilzmp View Post
    does anyone know how to recover files deleted from my phone. like pictures i took of a cheating wife.
    also my phone came with a voice recorder application and i recorded something that my cheating wife deleted, is there anyway to recover that?

thank you any help would be much appreciated it.
    chris
    https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output...w=1920&bih=995

I have a question......I'm a newbie to root......I have a epic 4g touch flashed to boost mobile, its running ICS 4.0.4 fron the ota download, but i want to root it to get superuser access and all the other good roms. Here my problem......odin will not work for some reason on my computer. please help!

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

FH13 rooted and available in one clicks as well. Figured I'd pass that on since it's now the new OTA.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Quote Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
    FH13 rooted and available in one clicks as well. Figured I'd pass that on since it's now the new OTA.
    I'm going to give it a little bit of time before I update the OP. I'm curious about this FH23 RDF that went up, and why Samsung posted a new one to Sprint's site so soon after a new software version went "official".

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    I'm going to give it a little bit of time before I update the OP. I'm curious about this FH23 RDF that went up, and why Samsung posted a new one to Sprint's site so soon after a new software version went "official".
    My guess is that the Boost builds are coming first now and then a Sprint build shortly after.. Since it doesn't take much effort, why not?

Sent from my SPH-D710
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!

Can the root method mentioned in op also be used for 4.0.3 ? I don't seem to have the option to goto 4.0.4

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

You honestly should use a newer build... 4.0.3 was never officially released for this device, only leaked test builds.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    SGS2= Rooted FF18

Default Re: [ROOT] [E4GT] Latest Method for FH13 (ICS) Official Firmware

I did this last night...I tried the "root" one first and the phone would reboot and then lock up. I rebooted the phone several times always ending in a lock condition. I then tried the "non-rooted" and it worked fine. Any ideas on this? I was on the Sprint OTA FH13 originally. I have noticed that the phone runs MUCH smoother now than the OTA FH13 even though it is not rooted.

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

Quote Originally Posted by packhntr View Post
    I did this last night...I tried the "root" one first and the phone would reboot and then lock up. I rebooted the phone several times always ending in a lock condition. I then tried the "non-rooted" and it worked fine. Any ideas on this? I was on the Sprint OTA FH13 originally. I have noticed that the phone runs MUCH smoother now than the OTA FH13 even though it is not rooted.
    Know I posted this on another thread but the root method was... buggy at best with FH13. (Hope you'll give me a break, it was the second build I had done!)
    Since then I've gone to a more stable process with FH23 and FI03.... but I recommend FI03 to anyone as I expect it or FI06 to be the next (and maybe last?) OTA release for ICS.
    There hasn't been a new RDF drop since then which makes me think they're happy with the build and moving to JB code merges.
    (Official JB builds were rumored to be starting as early as this week, haven't heard anything beyond that lately.)

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

I've been getting repeated "shell has been granted superuser permissions". The notification would flash repeatedly until i got tired of it and restarted the phone. I tried the method of installing SuperSU from the Play store, but found out that when I went to uninstall superuser, I couldn't.

Any tips for clearing this error? Am I better off going to FI03?

It worked like a charm for me after very cautiously reading everything and backing things up as best I could. I mostly followed rwilco12's post to install FH13 Full Stock ROM No Data One-Click, but thanks very much for your post and videos, anyway. I hope this will resolve my Android OS high battery usage problem.

there any way to root FI26 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    there any way to root FI26 yet?
    FI26 or FI27?

If 27, then see http://forums.androidcentral.com/epi...oot-stock.html

I have been trying to root my brothers Galaxy 2 all day and yesterday...Everytime I go into download mode and plug in to unit to the computer, it never recognizes my device. I have installed all the necessary drivers twice actually but it still wont recognize the unit in download mode...All my correct boxes are checked in the phone...it works fine when the phone is on normally, it recognizes it no problem...any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys for doing all this work for the community. You guys make our geek life much easier to deal with. Thanks again!

Default Re: [ROOT] [E4GT] Latest Method for FI27 (ICS) Official Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by sydewayz soundz View Post
    I have been trying to root my brothers Galaxy 2 all day and yesterday...Everytime I go into download mode and plug in to unit to the computer, it never recognizes my device. I have installed all the necessary drivers twice actually but it still wont recognize the unit in download mode...All my correct boxes are checked in the phone...it works fine when the phone is on normally, it recognizes it no problem...any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?
    Try using different cables and USB ports. If you're on a desktop PC typically the ports on the back of the computer are best. I usually have bad luck with Samsung cables. Blackberry cables and HTC cables work best for me

Sent from my AOKP'd Epic Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast