Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By dtm_stretch
  • 1 Post By JayWill
  • 1 Post By Shabbypenguin
  • 2 Post By Shabbypenguin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Default [ACS][ICS]Shabbypenguin's Stock Deodex'd pre-rooted FB09 v2.0

First things first: this was brought to us by the members of the ACSyndicate and Shabbypenguin, I am by no means taking credit for this.

This is pretty much Sprint's first attempt at ICS on the E4GT, this is just a test build and has a lot of bugs. This is pretty much just for people who want to try ICS and should not be used as a daily driver. Remember to take a few minutes to jump over to Acsyndicate and thank them. Flash this at you own risk, I have not and do not intend to install this version; therefore I might not be able to help you fix things if it gets broke.

Version 2 now available

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    ok guys i am way to tired to do a pretty post, either way many thanks to the source. many thanks to all the people involved most notably haikaido and sextape

feel free to download blah blah blah, while i cant stop you from hot linking to the file i kindly ask that you instead refer back to this thread . the ads here help pay for server costs and get broke people like me new phones

so long story short, without these wonderful ads (that most of you prolly cant even see :P ) we would be unable to get new phones for us to work on and sprinkle magicaly fairy dust and on... and whatever else they do in teh kitchen ;P

anyways download link will be here vvvvv when its uploading

Stock Deodex'd pre-rooted FB09 [ 4.0.3]

md5 721060388308a13ce1854a46964ae546 /home/david/Stock_Rooted_Deodexed_FB09.zip

version 2 download done uploading!!! had to restart cuz barnacles10 found a fix for teh red bars

as always people, no registration required to download all we ask is you come vist us for the latest and greatest in software and shiny things

NOTE

How to install:

Boots!!!!
    samsung keyboard fc's, use swype or another one
    mms seems quirky

Qbking77's Review of FB09 ICS:

The download link takes you to the ACS page not straight to the download.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 02-19-2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Removed a tad o language in shabby's quote.
    Thanked by 2:
    srkmagnus and damann21221 like this.

Thanks for posting this dtm. I finally had a chance to catch up on the progress while my kids sit here and watch Thomas the Train lol. Anyhoo, I wouldn't rush into flashing this guys unless you're willing to deal with bugs and even better helping test and report. As dtm said its a very early build and there a lot of issues with it.

It's great that we've gotten a leak though. The next many weeks are going to be fun!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    1,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP!!!

Default Re: [ACS][ICS]Shabbypenguin's Stock Deodex'd pre-rooted FB09 v2.0

I would advise against using this. It was taken off the original site for having too many issues. Good info though!
    "Th- th- thinking of a master plan"
    ROM Developer

it was taken off the original site because at 430am when i posted it the first time i forgot a build.prop

so when it wasnt booting jez removed the link for it. since then most of the bugs have been fixed. we have been in the irc channel and on xda just steamrolling through everything, not just devs but each and every user that flashed it has stepped forward to try to make the rom as a whole better
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer
    Thanked by 4:
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    8,130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Thanks to everyone for bringing this to our device and working to improve it, Shabbypenguin et. al.

I also hope that sbrissen is able to take this and make headway on AOSP. It won't make it fully functional but should give him a better palette to work with and bring us the AOSP experience the way its was meant to be.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    it was taken off the original site because at 430am when i posted it the first time i forgot a build.prop

so when it wasnt booting jez removed the link for it. since then most of the bugs have been fixed. we have been in the irc channel and on xda just steamrolling through everything, not just devs but each and every user that flashed it has stepped forward to try to make the rom as a whole better
    Awesome work, you guys moved really fast. What bugs are left; mms, LoS, GPS, cwm and????

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Thanks to everyone for bringing this to our device and working to improve it, Shabbypenguin et. al.

I also hope that sbrissen is able to take this and make headway on AOSP. It won't make it fully functional but should give him a better palette to work with and bring us the AOSP experience the way its was meant to be.
    Sbrissen has posted that this helped massively with CM9 and you should look for a new release soon with all major bugs ironed out.
    Last edited by dtm_stretch; 02-18-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8,130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by dtm_stretch View Post
    Sbrissen has posted that this helped massively with CM9 and you should look for a new release soon with all major bugs ironed out.
    Thanks for the heads up, I just saw Alpha 3 posted and the improvements are great. Bluetooth and Camera are two important features that many people wanted before making a daily. Hopefully the kinks can be worked out soon and Sbrissen can focus on working on the small bugs that will make this phone more of a beast .
    ROM Developer

sbrissen has told me the only bug he has found left with the new ics stuff is usb mounting :P

MMS can be subverted using something like gosms
    gps is quirky some people have locks some dont get it to turn on :/
    LOS ius kernel we cant do anything about it... iun fact using teh ics kernel cm9 now has it :/

cwm we do have a workaround for that steadyhawkin is working on making a cwm built in for us all

and caulk has the newest fb15

so more good things to come

Thanked by 3:
    srkmagnus and JayWill like this.

Global Posts
    8,130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Thanks for the update, Shabby. You guys are doing great things for this device.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Just an update, things are little crazy so I am going to refrain from updating this thready for a little while. If you want the latest and greatest checkout ACS or XDA

It looks like the .tar version are working pretty well with almost no issues major issues. The .zips are still being worked on so proceed with caution (may break wifi/3g/signal). Just so you are aware, none of these have SU built in, at least as of right now, and also clockworkmod isn't added. So coming back to EL29 might be a little difficult and will require some research on those procedures. If the day unfolds well I will update the OP.
    ROM Developer

actually teh zip doesnt boot, workin on it now it has su built in and 3g/wifi etc are working just need to get it booting XD

Thanked by:

I'll drop in with an update. Calk has a rooted ZIP up of FB17, but it doesn't have CWM so to restore a backup you'd have to Odin CWM back in via a kernel or sfhub's tool after flashing one of his stock ROMs.

If you can wait though, Steady has a CWM repack coming later today. Things are moving fast lol.

sfhub just posted up a FB17 Odin one-click packed with Steady's FB15 kernel. Use auto-root tool to install CWM after flashing. No reason to hold off giving this a spin now if you had any reservations.

Thanks once again sfhub!

Source Link: [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FB17_CL159611 (FB17 Kernel/ROM+FB15 Mdm - Full Restore - Rooted) - xda-developers

Edit - Oh and Shabby, thanks for getting this rolling and for the hard work you've put in. It's much appreciated. I also caught on Twitter that you have a shiny new E4GT coming your way. That's really good news for us folks who enjoy the fruits of good Android developers. I have a feeling I'm going to be really enjoying tinkering with my phone over the next few months.
    Last edited by JayWill72; 02-20-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    sfhub just posted up a FB17 Odin one-click packed with Steady's FB15 kernel. Use auto-root tool to install CWM after flashing. No reason to hold off giving this a spin now if you had any reservations.
    Pretty close. The FB17 ODIN One-Click is pre-rooted, but includes the stock FB17 kernel so it won't trigger the yellow triangle nor increase the ODIN flash count.

After flashing, if one wants CWM, they can use the Auto Root package (Option D) to install Steady's CWM-Rogue packed into FB15. FB15 kernel works fine with the FB17 ROM. Steady says they'll have an FB17 repack soon.

It would have been trivial to include Steady's FB15+CWM-Rogue in the ODIN One-Click, but it would have triggered the yellow triangle and increased the ODIN flash count, which some folks don't like because they don't have a USB jig.

I've tested restoring a GB nandroid backup from FB15+CWM-Rogue and also restoring an ICS backup from EL26+CWM-Rogue. Both work fine.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
    Thanked by:

Ahh yeah duhh for some reason it didn't click when I posted this that you use stock kernels in your packages since your solution uses Odin and flashing anything but a stock signed kernel triggers the triangle. Although I read in Steady's post that any method other than Odin to flash his repack is resulting in bootloops. I'll have to read that a bit more thoroughly.

Thanks again sfhub.

Yeah, I read that note also, but I did test it using the Auto Root package to install and there was no boot loop (obviously) because I was able to restore a GB nandroid backup.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo

Right on thanks for the verification. I'm going to flash this tonight and give it a spin.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Right on thanks for the verification. I'm going to flash this tonight and give it a spin.

I'm eager to give this a run but unfortunately the reports of LoS have got me scared. There is a little to much going on right now for me to miss a phone call. Please report back and let me know how that goes or if you encounter any LoS bugs.

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

I want to give this a shot but there's to much talk about things that I am not sure of..so I have to wait till there is a walkthrough or something as to how to install.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

I've been using the FB17 bjild since yesterday, though without the updated modem, and I haven't had too many troubles. I switched to launcher from TW and have been quite happy. I don't think I've had any LOS, though I have had a little lower battery life. I made it nine hours today with moderate to heavy use. A few bugs here and there, but the biggest problems for me were GPS and a couple apps freezing.

Just finished flashing it and adding the FB15 CWM kernel repack. All went well. I'll report back when I've had enough "intimate" time with it.

*closes the door*

Thanked by:

Update for dtm_stretch ...

Well after a couple of days I've had zero LOS occurrences. I don't think this is something you need to worry about. I'm still having issues with VVM though. I was able to get the FC cleared by clearing data, but the problem comes back. So for voicemails, you'd have to call in manually or use another VVM app like Google Voice or Youmail.

Otherwise, this thing is definitely capable as a daily driver. It's also reminded my how visually appealing Touchwiz is, well to me anyways loll. I wish it had more options to customize things, and it's eventually the deal breaker for me, but man it just looks and feels nice. But I also pushed Trebuchet over last night and it's a nice twist on the stock ICS launcher. It's basically stock but with options to change some things up. I think with the full ICS theme, and Trebuchet, you would barely know you're running a Touchwiz ROM.

Edit - Oh also, no issue flashing Steady's CWM kernel repacks using sfhub's autoroot tool. I did it originally with FB15, and just flashed FB17 last night. For FB17, you have to pull the zImage out of Steady's ZIP and drop it in one of the folders of the autoroot tool then choose the generic kernel option, but it worked without a hitch. No bootloops, but I did lose bootanimation and sound with the FB17 repack as Steady said would happen.

From sfhub regarding the FB17 repack until he gets it added to the tool:

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub
    Yes, i will add it but i am travelling right now so won't get to it until end of the week.

You can actually already install any recovery all on your own through this package even if i haven't integrated it.

Just pull the zImage file for whichever recovery you are interested in, including steady's fb17 cwm rogue. Place that file in the copy2sd\000root directory (of the auto root package), then when you use option C or D, choose the "generic" option and it will install.the zImage you provided, no triangles and no increased flash count
    Last edited by JayWill72; 02-22-2012 at 12:28 PM.