BootLoop Help, Not rooted

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Not really an expert on rooting but I had my device rooted along time ago. Accepted the OTA and my phone went back to stock. Everything was working fine for the past 4 months. All the sudden, my phone turned off just a few moments ago and now it keeps looping on the 4g logo. Can someone help? Thank you in advance.

Mike

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Not really an expert on rooting but I had my device rooted along time ago. Accepted the OTA and my phone went back to stock. Everything was working fine for the past 4 months. All the sudden, my phone turned off just a few moments ago and now it keeps looping on the 4g logo. Can someone help? Thank you in advance.

Mike

Pull the battery, let it sit a minute, then put the battery back in and boot it up. Let me know what happens after that.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm an idiot. I tried to use odin to flash the phone back to stock with the stock tar. What ended up happening is odin failed and now i have an exclamation mark saying firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Help please!

t2017

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
on my evo 4g I would depress the power button (2x i think) and restore it to factory defaults.

hold on second depress.....

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
on my evo 4g I would depress the power button (2x i think) and restore it to factory defaults.

hold on second depress.....

Not sure what you mean by this? I basically used this method to reflash a stock tar file. Odin 1.85 recognized my phone and I selected the appropriate tar file. I only kept auto-reboot select. After pressing start, It failed immediately. I decided to restart my phone and now I have an exclamation mark in the middle of two computers. with the error message. Help PLEASE!

I should add, my phone can still be recognized from my computer and I can still get into download mode.

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?4894-Stock-EL29-Tar-How-to-Return-to-stock-here

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm okay, well the next thing I was going to suggest was to boot into stock recovery and wipe the cache, but I'm not sure that will do any good now that you had a failed Odin flash.

At this point you may just want to run sfhub's Odin one-click package for un-rooted EK02, which you can find here ... [ODIN][STOCK][TAR] SPH-D710.EK02_CL704398 (EK02 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Factory Restore) - xda-developers

I would probably try the "No Data" version first to try and save your user data. If run into further problems try the full restore version (after trying sfhub's no data issue resolutions).

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Well the pit file tells the tar where to repartition the phone, so it really only helps if you have a bad odin or odin something wrong. Most of the time using the pit doesn't even help, you got very lucky that bad first odin attempt didn't mess things up worse.

Reactions: mike104393

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Well the pit file tells the tar where to repartition the phone, so it really only helps if you have a bad odin or odin something wrong. Most of the time using the pit doesn't even help, you got very lucky that bad first odin attempt didn't mess things up worse.

Thanks DTM,

Really appreciate all the help. Just wanted to make sure, if I wanted to root and load rom, is it best to do it through Odin or CWM?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks DTM,

Really appreciate all the help. Just wanted to make sure, if I wanted to root and load rom, is it best to do it through Odin or CWM?

For your initial root, you have to use Odin. Then you'll need to install CWM, either via Odin or sfhub's autoroot tool. Then you can use CWM to flash from there. Odin will always have its uses tho, and I find myself going back to it from time to time when the situation calls for it.

Sent from my HTC EVO View via Tapatalk