[ICS][FE14] AOSP lockscreen

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
What is this?
- Disabled the touchwiz slide lockscreen and enabled the AOSP lockscreen
- Changes occur in the android.policy.jar and framework(menu unlock)
- AOSP Lockscreen.zip is for stock/deodexed FE14 and AOSP Lockscreen Any Theme.zip will work on any theme/rom but can be unlocked with the menu button
- Revert to TW lockscreen added

Thanks
_JKay_ In the International GSII Section for post the guide here:[MOD][GUIDE] ICS Lockscreen on Samsung Stock Rom XXLPH - xda-developers
- Paul627g for all the help
- Datajosh for the deodexed rom and for knocking out the android.policy.jar for FE14. Thank him here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ICS][FE14] AOSP lockscreen

Requirements
- Stock deodexed FE14 with root and a recovery(Sfhub included an unsecure kernel)
-Any theme version will work on any rom/theme that uses FE14 as a base

Issues
- None

How to install
- Place mod on sd card
- Power off & reboot to recovery
- Make a back up (you can't from the unsecure stock recovery)
- Install zip
- Reboot

Screenshots
8Omgf.png

G5zKB.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul627g

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ICS][FC07] AOSP lockscreen

OP is updated with the menu fix. Mucho thanks to Paul627g to getting the framework-res compiled. Just some notes; the menu fix will break any theming done so the fix is for stock deodexed. I am sure the professional themers here can easily throw this mod into their themes. I left the AOSP lockscreen with the menu unlock zip in the the OP because that will work across all deodexed FC07 roms(as of right now).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ICS][FC07] AOSP lockscreen

No problem dtm! We all have been down the road of headaches when it comes to compiling frameworks... Just a minor speed bump in the road, you will get it figured out ;)

Enjoy the mod people, I know AOSP lockscreen was always my favorite over TW.

Reactions: dtm_stretch

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ICS][FC14] AOSP lockscreen and Ringer mod

OP is updated to FC14 and now includes a package that will disable the increasing ringer.

Please read the OP completely, flash from the FC07 repack and do not wipe anything.

If you want this done for a specific theme(must be ICS) just post the framework-res.apk from that theme and i'll make the modification and post a flashable zip in my reply.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ICS][FC15] AOSP lockscreen and Ringer mod

OP updated to FC15, same thing still applies as FC 14.

Ouch, 1 download, this might not be the audience for this mod. :/ We need to get more folks rooted, I guess it is a sign of how great the phone works stock.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ICS][FC22] AOSP lockscreen

OP updated to FC 22. I have removed the disable increasing ringer mod, if you are interested just reply and I'll post the mod.

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Question, does flashing this add to the Odin count or create the triangle? And if I used sfhubs one click for FE10, it will work as well? Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ICS][FE10] AOSP lockscreen

Question, does flashing this add to the Odin count or create the triangle? And if I used sfhubs one click for FE10, it will work as well? Thanks!

No it will not add to odin or trigger the triangle. I don't think it will work if you are on that version because this needs to be deodexed. There is the possibility of force closes. If you are feeling risky flash it and report back. The worst that will happen is you get force closes. If it doesn't work all you have to do is redo sfhub's one click and do the version that preserves your data and you will be back to normal.

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Can you explain deodexed a little for me so I can understand the difference? And i may just try it when i get home to my wifi! Damn this 3g is slow today!

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ICS][FE10] AOSP lockscreen

Can you explain deodexed a little for me so I can understand the difference? And i may just try it when i get home to my wifi! Damn this 3g is slow today!

Deodexing involves unpacking an dex file and moving it into the apk of a file. So for example: framework-res.apk has an framework-res.odex. When a rom is deodexed that .odex file is decompiled and moved into the framework-res.apk file. This allows for theming and modifications. Although odex files system is proven to be a little faster.

Here is a better explanation: What is the difference between odexed and deodexed roms?

Datajosh posted the FE10 deodexed rom on XDA, all you have to is flash that over what you got from sfhub without wiping and you will be on the deodexed version of FE10 and then you can flash the modification.

Reactions: steddora

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX