Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default 4G Issues after modem flash

Has anyone flashed a different modem and lost 4G? I flashed the FB15 modem and since then I have no 4G... Weird thing is I've tried everything from going all the way back to stock and still nothing. I've contacted Sprint and they have tried everything and they couldn't get it to work, all it does it say connecting and then obtaining IP and then back to disconnect... Anyone heard of anything like this? Everything else works but the 4G.
    Samsung Galaxy S ll Epic 4G Touch [FF18]
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Default Re: 4G Issues after modem flash

Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Has anyone flashed a different modem and lost 4G? I flashed the FB15 modem and since then I have no 4G... Weird thing is I've tried everything from going all the way back to stock and still nothing. I've contacted Sprint and they have tried everything and they couldn't get it to work, all it does it say connecting and then obtaining IP and then back to disconnect... Anyone heard of anything like this? Everything else works but the 4G.
    I haven't heard of people completely losing it but I have heard of individuals being able to get 4g when they hadn't before. I am curious though, when I turn on my 4g, it just lights up until it gets a connection nothing about obtaining an IP address. Are you trying to use the hotspot app?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No I just go into the 4g settings and hit the menu button and watch the connection status go from connecting/obtaining IP/disconnect.

I know 4G is working in my area since my wife has an original Evo 4g and she can connect in the same spot.
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

I'm guessing you are back on EL29 modem now? This is strange, did sprint have you do a factory reset? Maybe you could try using odin and do the complete wipe package.

Edit: looks like others have had the same issues here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538070in the last post it says the fix is a full wipe.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dtm_stretch; 03-13-2012 at 12:15 AM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dtm_stretch View Post
    I'm guessing you are back on EL29 modem now? This is strange, did sprint have you do a factory reset? Maybe you could try using odin and do the complete wipe package.

Edit: looks like others have had the same issues here wimax no longer working - xda-developersin the last post it says the fix is a full wipe.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I found those posting last night. I do have the same issues and now know it to not be just my phone. I have tried a full factory reset and it didn't help. My mom has a brand new E4gT and her's is not working either and it's completely factory. Its definitely my area but I can't seem to get a Sprint rep on the phone that cares to take it further than just creating a ticket.