The Blend ICS

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
So I was brave last night and downloaded and flashed The Blend ICS ROM FC07 v2.1. I did not brick my phone and everything seems to be working just fine, but I am seeing a real drop in battery performance from Caulkin's GB ROM that I was running before this.

I followed the instructions from QB77's video on how to flash this ROM so I am not sure if I screwed up or if this build is having these issues (it is a very new build)???

What do you guys on here think?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
So I was brave last night and downloaded and flashed The Blend ICS ROM FC07 v2.1. I did not brick my phone and everything seems to be working just fine, but I am seeing a real drop in battery performance from Caulkin's GB ROM that I was running before this.

I followed the instructions from QB77's video on how to flash this ROM so I am not sure if I screwed up or if this build is having these issues (it is a very new build)???

What do you guys on here think?

Welcome to the world of experimental software. The battery is significantly different but I don't think that is relative to the blend rom. ICS needs some tweaking, if you check the nexus threads they have battery issues. Also usually the first 24hrs always seem the worst, so give it a day or two. Remember to hold the home button and swipe away applications.

Reactions: cjones

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the world of experimental software. The battery is significantly different but I don't think that is relative to the blend rom. ICS needs some tweaking, if you check the nexus threads they have battery issues. Also usually the first 24hrs always seem the worst, so give it a day or two. Remember to hold the home button and swipe away applications.

Thanks DTM. I totally forgot about the swiping away of the programs. I had a whole bunch of stuff running in the background. Hopefully you are right and this issue will get better as time goes on.

I am starting to see some other issues with this ROM as well. Such as slow response to answering the phone when one comes through. A little lag there. It is a new version so hopefully some of the bugs will come get fixed soon.

Thanks again DTM.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I flashed the same ROM last night but as dtm_stretch said, give it a day or two. I'm coming from DARK ICS ROM and had great battery life. Since DARK ICS was made by the same dev, I'm hoping the battery life is just as awesome.

Reactions: cjones

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DTM. I totally forgot about the swiping away of the programs. I had a whole bunch of stuff running in the background. Hopefully you are right and this issue will get better as time goes on.

I am starting to see some other issues with this ROM as well. Such as slow response to answering the phone when one comes through. A little lag there. It is a new version so hopefully some of the bugs will come get fixed soon.

Thanks again DTM.

Oh I meant to ask, what launcher are you using? The stock twlauncher was lagging for me but Nova runs really well.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh I meant to ask, what launcher are you using? The stock twlauncher was lagging for me but Nova runs really well.

Nova Prime. LOVE IT! I recommend it completely.

I am getting use to the dark Gmail and the dark SMS apps. Takes some getting use to for sure.

My phone has been running hot today especially as I have been charging it. Little worried about that now. Hoping I don't have to flash back to the GB ROM I was running before. I really like ICS and don't want to give it up and wait for a more stable ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781