1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

Default More ICS wierd

Ever since Iflashed Calkulins stock rooted FC07, my download and upload speeds have reversed. Only on network, wifi works fine. 3G and 4G show low numbers in D/L and HIGH numbers in U/L, like its backwards.

See screen shots 4G and 3G. Any input will be appreciated. Pp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails More ICS wierd-screenshot_2012-03-16-00-02-17.png   More ICS wierd-screenshot_2012-03-16-00-04-08.png  
    Flashaholic

ROM
    PACman

Default Re: More ICS wierd

How are the speeds when you're actually using the internet? Do you notice any change? I'd try one of the other speed testing apps and see what it shows. It could just be some weird bug in the way its reading for you, I'm not sure. Just my 2 cents.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

3G speeds are decent to good, using browser or downloads, music streaming is OK, 4G sucks .

Any apps to recomend.?

Thanks for your 2 cents.

Pp.
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

You could always just flash different modems and see which one works best for you. Modems works across all rom/kernel versions.
    Flashaholic

ROM
    PACman

I haven't tried any others but there are a few if you search for Internet speed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

So you suspect that it could be modem related. How about if I reflash my rom , modem over again. Just wipe anf flash or is there something special to do.?
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet View Post
    So you suspect that it could be modem related. How about if I reflash my rom , modem over again. Just wipe anf flash or is there something special to do.?
    No need to reflash your rom, modems can be flashed with odin or you can use Calkulin's zip he posts of all the modems to flash with cwm. If you just want to reflash your current set up to see if it fixes anything, you don't need to wipe anything just flash it.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

Thanks DTM, good to know, will try that. Will let you know. Hopefully it will resolve some of my other issues like my ext. sd card unfunctionality. Other than these 2 issues this rom by Calkulin is great.

Thanks again. Pp.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

Well reflashing the modem made no change to my network issue. Will try reflash with ROM next and see if that helps.

Pp
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet View Post
    Well reflashing the modem made no change to my network issue. Will try reflash with ROM next and see if that helps.

Pp
    Try a different modem, also are you doing a profile and prl update each time?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

Will try the FC14 modem and see if that helps. I dont see any issues around concerning this so I'm starting to think that its specific to my phone.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

Yeah just flashed FC14, with profile and prl update , NO change......getting low pings about 100 but still low D/L and very high U/L, 300 kbps d/l - 800 kbps u/l on 3G - 110 kbps d/l - 1400kbps u/l -on 4G.
    Call quality is great.