Help with Clockwork mod recovery

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I followed QBKing77's video to install the clockwork mod recovery however when you select the download for version EL29 I get this message "install-el29-cwm-rogue.bat is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" I have usb debugging on so that is not the problem. I have left comments on the youtube video but havent heard a solution to fix this, do anyone have any idea what that is or what I'm doing wrong?

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It never even gets that far, as soon as I hit L it gives me that message, tells me to hit any key to continue, then takes you back to the prompt to choose L again

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good, I'll try again tonight when I get home and disable my antivirus stuff. I did see some others with the same error on the xda thread that qbking's video references but they never said what the fix was

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the batch file has an extension on it other than .bat - that's a standard Windows "I don't know what to do with this!" error. Easiest way to check may be to try by command prompt - or download again.

Hope that helps!

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the batch file has an extension on it other than .bat - that's a standard Windows "I don't know what to do with this!" error. Easiest way to check may be to try by command prompt - or download again.

Hope that helps!

Got to love Windows.

DarkPrince917

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this exact problem, I've tried different ways to install cwm but it wont work any way. I did it with the install-el29-rouge-cwm.bat by double clicking it and it didnt work, all it does is open the console window for less then a split second then closes. I tried it with the self installing file, the e4gtauto-sfx.exe the one from this site and another site none of them work. what happens is I press C and it goes to the options to choose from im on el29 so i enter L but the messsage that I get is the same one that depechemodegurl is getting

"install-el29-cwm-rogue.bat is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I installed kies as suggested by some reinstalled it updated downgraded it. Restarted my computer restarted my phone. I even tried installing cwm through rom manager when it finishes downloading it says cwm recovery has been flashed but when i reboot into recovery it shows a little guy with a downloading bar then 1/3 of the way it stops and i see a triangle with a "!" so i hold the volume up button and the power button to go into recovery but all that does is takes it into the normal recovery. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this exact problem, I've tried different ways to install cwm but it wont work any way. I did it with the install-el29-rouge-cwm.bat by double clicking it and it didnt work, all it does is open the console window for less then a split second then closes. I tried it with the self installing file, the e4gtauto-sfx.exe the one from this site and another site none of them work. what happens is I press C and it goes to the options to choose from im on el29 so i enter L but the messsage that I get is the same one that depechemodegurl is getting

"install-el29-cwm-rogue.bat is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I installed kies as suggested by some reinstalled it updated downgraded it. Restarted my computer restarted my phone. I even tried installing cwm thr
ough rom manager when it finishes downloading it says cwm recovery has been flashed but when i reboot into recovery it shows a little guy with a downloading bar then 1/3 of the way it stops and i see a triangle with a "!" so i hold the volume up button and the power button to go into recovery but all that does is takes it into the normal recovery. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dark prince - what worked for me is that I did not have the e4gauto file saved into my c: drive. I had saved all my rooting downloads to a folder within my documents, a soon as I moved the file to my c: drive, plugged in my phone and hit C and L again it worked just like the video. Not sure I'd that will help you or not but that's what worked for me :)

Reactions: DarkPrince917

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Ah yeah guys. Unzip the package to your root C drive. You can make a shortcut to that folder on your desktop if you want. Then open that folder and double click on the RUNFIRST batch file.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DarkPrince917

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ah yeah guys. Unzip the package to your root C drive. You can make a shortcut to that folder on your desktop if you want. Then open that folder and double click on the RUNFIRST batch file.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yeah, mine was definitely 'user error'. I didn't see that in the instructions until after I posted this thread so hopefully it helps anyone else having the same issue :)

DarkPrince917

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for replying. Sadly putting it on my C:\ drive doesn't change anything. It still gives me

any ideas? :'(

DarkPrince917

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
That is literally the only change I made and then it worked so i'm not sure. Are you choose to Utah, you can just come use mine lol

lol nowhere near, I'm in New York. But I honestly don't see what I'm doing wrong. I've rooted my EVO just fine before. And my S2 rooted with no hitch either, just getting this recovery to flash is being problematic. I tried every way i could find on the internet. So far there is one method, to flash with Odin, but I've never used Odin for anything other than rooting my S2 so I'm not completely on board with doing that at the moment.