customblackberry

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I use to have an HTC Evo 4g and 3d and usually went with CM 7. Now that I have the Samsung Epic 4G Touch I'm wondering what is the best or some of the best ROMs available for this phone.

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
If you want ics, I love the Blu Kuban rom, or since you're used to cm, there's a very stable cm9 rom for our phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Honestly? I like stock... but part of that has been a weariness to jump off to another ROM until we had a better handle on the eMMC issue. Now that we better understand it I think I might peek at AOKP - but Blu Kuban seems to have a solid following as well.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Honestly? I like stock... but part of that has been a weariness to jump off to another ROM until we had a better handle on the eMMC issue. Now that we better understand it I think I might peek at AOKP - but Blu Kuban seems to have a solid following as well.

I am also pretty fond of stock. I like doing my own mods but I have ran CM9 and it is pretty nice. I have run other ICS AOSP roms on my other devices but honestly there really isn't much separating them. AOKP seems to be a step ahead of CM9 in features but also seems to sacrifice some stability.

rseiler

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to this and still trying to wrap my mind around the surprisingly high number of different ROMs out there. I'm on rooted EL29 and have CWM'd so am at the point of either taking the advice in the thread below from 3 months ago and going with Calkulin:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...-i-rooted-my-sprint-galaxy-s-ii-now-what.html

Or looking at one or more of the ICS's mentioned above.

I guess my question is this: is something pending with ICS that it's worth waiting some weeks more for it, or should I just go straight to ICS after trying to ferret out which one? I have no problem waiting if there's a reason to wait.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to this and still trying to wrap my mind around the surprisingly high number of different ROMs out there. I'm on rooted EL29 and have CWM'd so am at the point of either taking the advice in the thread below from 3 months ago and going with Calkulin:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...-i-rooted-my-sprint-galaxy-s-ii-now-what.html

Or looking at one or more of the ICS's mentioned above.

I guess my question is this: is something pending with ICS that it's worth waiting some weeks more for it, or should I just go straight to ICS after trying to ferret out which one? I have no problem waiting if there's a reason to wait.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=182968

[ROM][FF18][June 24, 2012] DK_Liquid_Ice_v1.0.0_Stable

Sent From A Rotary Phone

mrsmdh

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried a couple ICS roms. Then my Bluetooth and sending photos through SMS wasn't working. I flashed Calkins ROM and everything works fine for me.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried a couple ICS roms. Then my Bluetooth and sending photos through SMS wasn't working. I flashed Calkins ROM and everything works fine for me.

Strange cause Im running my v1.0.0 and messaging, multimedia messaging, and Bluetooth all work. You probably flashed an older version of ICS. You need FF Series. FF18 (June 18 2012) is the newest build from samsung. Its also my roms base. Calks is still using FE22 (May 22 2012) as his base.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

bobwonderful

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I come from the Palm Pre... It took me several weeks to understand Android and the different interface options. I thought that when they came out with ICS for Samsung SIII that the SII would be able the same functionality as the Nexus ICS.. I was wrong. Touchwiz and the Samsung version of ICS is locked down so that you can only perform a few configuration changes to the interface. So I finally got AOKP build 37 working and love the comparability. It's no wonder why people loved the Nexus S. I changed the resolution on the SII Epic 4G Touch to have much more real estate. I can view about 8 emails with previews instead of the stock 5 or 6. I can put 30 short cuts on a page. You have to get Nova Launcher, it's awesome as an interface. That's my 2 cents from coming from Web OS, which I think is still a nicer OS.