Opinions on best ICS ROM

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Opinions on the best ICS ROM? See so many posts on different ICS ROMs but would love to hear opinions and suggestions as to which ones people prefer. Links as well if possible. Thanks guys.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
See with me no dev had what I was looking for. They were either super laggy. Poor battery life. Or both. So After flashing rom after rom I decided to make my own. I released it on this site. Its 100% stable. Awesome battery life. And no lag. Ive been running it sense FF11 and its amazing. The only rom that has come close is Calks FE22 but of course that rom hasnt been updated in over a month. Ar the end of the day its all user opinion. I got sick and tired of what was being offered so I sat down and read every single tut I could find. All my new knowledge went into my new rom and new kernel. :)

Sent From A Rotary Phone

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
See with me no dev had what I was looking for. They were either super laggy. Poor battery life. Or both. So After flashing rom after rom I decided to make my own. I released it on this site. Its 100% stable. Awesome battery life. And no lag. Ive been running it sense FF11 and its amazing. The only rom that has come close is Calks FE22 but of course that rom hasnt been updated in over a month. Ar the end of the day its all user opinion. I got sick and tired of what was being offered so I sat down and read every single tut I could find. All my new knowledge went into my new rom and new kernel. :)

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Do I have to be on FF11 to use this ROM properly?

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I was on the stock leaks for the longest and then after much research decided to try AOKP. Its smooth and the battery life is much better than stock. It has tons of settings to play with and the new kernel also includes "TWRP" which is a much safer recovery.

Personally, I enjoy the research that goes along with a rom choice.

AOKP

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was on the stock leaks for the longest and then after much research decided to try AOKP. Its smooth and the battery life is much better than stock. It has tons of settings to play with and the new kernel also includes "TWRP" which is a much safer recovery.

Personally, I enjoy the research that goes along with a rom choice.

AOKP

TWRP is only a safe recovery because they took out the ability to Wipe data. And if format /data is in the updater-script it will abort the install. This is what makes it a safe recovery. Now if developers start using a gingerbread update-binary without the wipe.c command line it makes all recoveries safe. Until AOKP and CM9 jump on this boat then basically that emmc lock bug will still plague this device. I actually fixed this issue in my kernel/recovery combo and I use Gingerbread Binaries in all my roms/kernels/themes.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

pdog197804

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been on cm9 alpha 4-5... this was very stable and quick!! Battery life was average... I also have tried Frankenstein ego rom.. also very stable and quick... battery life also average... both are very very customizable!! Right now I'm on phantom blazer rom... battery life not quite as good for me anyway but is a pretty sweet rom non the less... my work day is at a desk in front of my computer so battery life is not huge to me cuz I can have it plugged in.... all three are very stable.... im gonna give dark knights rom this weekend... :) as far as links... search you tube... or xda

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I installed the latest build # 40 of AOKP ROM and have to say its great. I have generally been into flashing CM ROMs on my Heroc and stuck to Calkulin's GB ROM before making the move to ICS. Although the recovery is supposed to be safe for flashing I will still take the high road and use el26 based recovery as recommended to flash ICS ROMs.

Its more of a personally thing since I'd rather be safe then sorry and out money on a replacement.