[OTA][FF18][Official] EL29 to FF18 Update.zip

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok this is for all the users that do not have root or a custom rom installed. This is the official OTA FF18 ICS Update direct from Samsung and Sprint. Its 208.14Mb total size. You must be unrooted, Odexed, on EL29, no custom recovery, and all bloatware must be installed and a secure stock recovery to install this update.zip.

Download link: EL29_FF18_OFFICIAL_OTA

Directions to install:
Download the OTA Update.zip
Place it on your Micro SD Card
MAKE SURE YOUR ON BONE STOCK EL29
Turn phone off
Press and hold Volume Up and Power key for 5 secs
You will see stock blue android recovery
USING THE VOLUME UP AND DOWN TO SCROLL AND THE HOME TO SELECT
Go to install update.zip
Press home key
Find the update.zip on your sd card
Select it and press home key
Let it update your device
This takes 5-10 mins to complete
Your phone will auto reboot once update has completed
Enjoy OTA update direct from Samsung and sprint

twizardt

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It did everything you said, but my phone is installing applications for a long time. Is this normal? Never mind I restarted it and it seems to be good... Thank you!

Last edited:

DanDaddy

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Works amazing! Had to make sure to place the download on my SD card and not the internal memory.. (that fooled me twice!)
Just like an OTA update, didn't wipe my data. No camera unlock on main lock screen and a little more lag when starting camera, but very happy. Especially since I can download and use Google Chrome.

Thank you so much for the fast deployment. Couldn't have asked for anything better from you guys!

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

lakers1fan

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure out how to save it to the sd card once it's downloaded... Do i need a computer for that cause mine is not working at the moment?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't figure out how to save it to the sd card once it's downloaded... Do i need a computer for that cause mine is not working at the moment?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

No just use astro file mgr to move it to the sdcard.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

lakers1fan

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried that and when i try to move it, the file is empty. Then I got all the files in there but when I go to install, it is not in one file or folder. It is separated into 4 parts instead of one.... I have been trying this for 3 days. Frustrated.... I gave up and I bet it is fairly simple and I am missing something.... I need step by step instructions to do it on my phone

polsoft

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the update.zip and everything went fine except that the camera app is the same one from gingerbread no change to the new one that I heard of can some one help please?

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the update.zip and everything went fine except that the camera app is the same one from gingerbread no change to the new one that I heard of can some one help please?

That is not much if any difference in the GB camera and ICS Camera. I havent noticed any difference yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

kato223

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Worked great for me. I would recommend that if you have any battery saving programs running during the startup of your phone, disable or remove the app before performing the upgrade. I helped a friend, and he was running Battery Saver Pro, and his phone kept turning off after the upgrade. Had to boot to "Safe Mode" by holding down the Home softkey during startup and remove the app. Other than that, everything has gone smoothly.

victoriamarie821

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
i updated my sgs2 last night although my phone is a little slower with some apps and my internet is slower...i can still use swype that just took some playing around with the keyboard settings. I had some problems with some apps but i just reinstalled them. oh and youtube videos aren't working for me

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
i updated my sgs2 last night although my phone is a little slower with some apps and my internet is slower...i can still use swype that just took some playing around with the keyboard settings. I had some problems with some apps but i just reinstalled them. oh and youtube videos aren't working for me

Do a factory reset. :)

clay1959

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
downloaded the update gal x2 , followed the instructions, update.zip on sd card, select update from card, does not give me an option to select file goes directly to the android triangle and stays there, any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Last edited:

Rherndon

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting the update because as of today I still had not received. Was just notified that the Android update was successful. Now updating and checking apps. Nice not to have to reinstall apps.:D:D:D:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12