1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Best FF18 ROM

Thanks to all the help here - and this XDA help () -

I was able to go back to EL29 - and get CWM back.

I then flashed this FF18 ROM:

However - I am wondering what FF18 ROM others may recommend?

- Stock? (one of the issues I have going to a non-stock ROM - is it is tough to know what is ICS functionality and what isn't)
    - PHANTOMs FF18 Blazer ROM ?
    - Team Noctorunal - the one I now have
    - OTher

I was used to Caulkulin's 3.0 ROm - but understand he is out of the E4GT world (bummer)

As always there are a lot of them out there so any suggestions would be a big help!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

[ROM][FF18][July 01, 2012] DK_Liquid_Ice_v1.2.0_Stable

[ROM][FF18][July 01, 2012] DK_Liquid_Ice_v1.2.0_Stable

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Default Re: Best FF18 ROM

but you said you don't support that one anymore.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    but you said you don't support that one anymore.
    Its still a rock solid build from FF18 Base. I still support it. If there is an issue with it I will fix it but no one has reported any problems with it.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I'm confused on the Liquid Ice, the thread title says its FF18, but then in the thread it says to download and install FE22. Is that right isn't FF18 the official release?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    I'm confused on the Liquid Ice, the thread title says its FF18, but then in the thread it says to download and install FE22. Is that right isn't FF18 the official release?
    My kernel is based on FE22. Ill update it to FF18 later on. FE22 kernel is more stable anyhow.

I haven't tried Dark's ROM yet, but I plan to. It's really just a matter of getting around to it. However, I my personal view is there is no "best" ROM. Every ROM has its differences, whether it be function, performance or theme, and what one person may think is the best another person may think is terrible. In the end, it boils down to personal preference, and sometimes that means trying them all.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Sure - no such thing as the BEST ROM... I worded my question - poorly.

Having had tried multiple GB Roms - Blazer, Caulks, etc... I ended up settling on Caulks 3.0 - and enjoyed it quite a bit.

When going back to EL29 prior to flashing an ICS FF18 ROM - I wondered if I should just go back to Stock - but did not.

So - after not having been stock for over 6 months - I had no way to know what to expect from stock ICS. I didn't want to give up my hotspot though... main reason I'm on a rom.

Also - need to have CWM because - well - I just can't seem to flash modems often enough

So - I'm running MIJJz BLEND ICS FF18 v16.3 - and so far it is fine. However, hard to tell how much of the functionality I like is ICS vs the ROM...

Anyone tried Blazer's FF18 Rom? (I notice it is not on the current FF18 release)...

How about launchers? I'm sticking with ICS Stock... the MIJJz rom comes with Apex - and I'm playing with that a bit - but the ICS Stock rom seems fine...