Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Default Just rooted, which WiFi app to use?

Ok, I finally took the plunge and rooted my E4GT. At this point I probably won't be fiddling with any custom ROMS. With my own N7 set to arrive tomorrow, I want to be able to tether the rare times I am away from WiFi. Is "is WiFi tether for root users" the best app to use w/o getting flagged? Any special settings/configurations needed since "the crackdown"?

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Just rooted, which WiFi app to use?

What "crackdown" are you referring too? Download a WiFi Tether App, available from the Play Store and call it a day

And here are more just in case the above doesn't work or you want options.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

By crackdown I was talking about the fact that the carriers seem to be cracking down on tethering and sending out termination letters to folks. I know they could detect FoxFi. Didn't know whether rooted apps were less detectable...

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Thought they go by data usage

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think so, seeing as to how Sprint is supposed to be "unlimited" data. I'm pretty sure carriers can pretty easily check how you're using your data, it's a matter of when they actually take action.