ROM flash Status 7 Error

mithunm93

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm pretty new to flashing, and I just rooted my phone. I have CWM (Rogue ET Recovery 1.1.2 - CWM v5.0.2.7) on it right now, and I'm trying to flash Dark Knight's JB Beta 4 CM10 ROM on my phone. whenever I attempt to flash a ROM (any ROM, not just DK's JB Beta 4), I get the infamous Status 7 error. What seems to be failing for me is the build prop assert where it is checking my phone's model. Sometimes it checks for my phone to be called 'epic4gtouch', or 'galaxys2' when my phone is seeming to be called 'SPH-D710'. Can someone please help me with this? Any and all help is appreciated. I'm really new so I don't want to go messing around in some file and brick my device. Here is my phone info and error message:

Phone info:

Model Number: SPH-D710

Android Version: 2.3.6

Baseband Version: S: D710.10S.EL26

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-SPH-D710.EL26-CL839620

Build Number: GINGERBREAD.EL29

Hardware Version: D710.10

Error:
Finding Update package....
Opening update package...
Installing update ...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-D710" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SPH-D710" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "epic4gtouch" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "epic4gtouch"
E:Error in /sdcard/CyanogenMod1_Beta4_DK.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to look at my question ! :)

redx1989

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I had that once, I flashed el26 kernel/recovery through Odin on PC, and other than DK jb ROM I've successfully flashed using the rogue recovery but I always go back to stock rooted gingerbread though

dhaft88

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out, it appears you cannot use the Rogue CWM recovery. I used the recovery at the following link to make things work:
Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: Tools

Good luck!

Not having any luck :/ I've been doing factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache

- First tried flashing http://get.cm/get/jenkins/7522/cm-10-20120905-NIGHTLY-epicmtd.zip from internal sd to my EL26 kernel and got a status 7

- Used Odin to flash E4GT-EL29-directbootCWM-v3.tar.md5 kernel on

... got a status 7 again when trying to flash from internal sd

dandinnj

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Not having any luck :/ I've been doing factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache

- First tried flashing http://get.cm/get/jenkins/7522/cm-10-20120905-NIGHTLY-epicmtd.zip from internal sd to my EL26 kernel and got a status 7

- Used Odin to flash E4GT-EL29-directbootCWM-v3.tar.md5 kernel on

... got a status 7 again when trying to flash from internal sd

First and most importantly that link is NOT for the Epic Touch but the old Epic so it will not work .. if you are looking for CM10 on E4gt go here http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...a5-3-android-4-1-1-samsung-epic-4g-touch.html

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Status 7 usually means something is wonky with the recovery or the download was bad. Based upon the last poster's contribution, I think the latter is at hand :).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Status 7 could even be a script related error in the flash zip file. If it's working for others that would rule out this possibility.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rickthe53

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much anmghstnet you truly are a lifesaver!!!! I had the exact same problem with Rogue Rocovery..had also tried clockwork mod touch with no luck. I struggled with this problem for 2 whole days and couldn't figure out the problem. Finally came across this thread and flashed the recovery in the link you provided and now I have CM10 running on my Epic 4G Touch..running very smoothly too!!! Thank you so much again!!!!!

anvesh gns

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone... I am new to android and flashing rom's ... I have flashed my samsung galaxy s3 with aopk. I had some problems so.. I restored my phone to the stock rom. But from then I am facing the same error 7. Whn I am trying to install cm 10. The link which is mentioned above regarding cwm for epic 4g.. can I use it for my samsung s3. If not can you ppl suggest me another solution. Plz help me out... thank you in advance

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
You need to go to the s3 section and ask these questions. I would not risk bricking your phone to use an s2 rom when there are plenty of s3 roms out there for you. Usually a 7 error means bad download. check md5.

King Ra1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a million, tried for 24 hours to flash a ROM on my Epic 4g Touch with Rogue Recovery and ROM Manager, as well as other versions of CWM, with no success, finally I found this thread at about 2 in the morning, after searching all day, and finally able to flash a Jelly Bean based rom. I don't know what I would have done without you. You're a lifesaver.

atkinsonjorrdan

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Okay i have a droid x2 running 2.4.5 i have installed the bootstrap recovery, install it and it once installed plug phone in to AC adapter and it boots up just fine in to the recovery menu my problem is every CyanMod version i have tried (7, 9 and 10) all attempt at installing come back with the status 7 "E-signature Verification Failure i have tried several different boot straps i have also toggled the disable the signature check and still can not install any ROM zip. I am fully rooted and wonder is there something i am still doing wrong i have tried nightly builds, stable etc and none install but come back with the status 7, i have also tried editing the package under META_INF>COM>GOOGLE>ANDROID>UPDATER_SCRIPT and have removed the assert and tried that way to my evail nothing has worked please help thanks

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay i have a droid x2 running 2.4.5 i have installed the bootstrap recovery, install it and it once installed plug phone in to AC adapter and it boots up just fine in to the recovery menu my problem is every CyanMod version i have tried (7, 9 and 10) all attempt at installing come back with the status 7 "E-signature Verification Failure i have tried several different boot straps i have also toggled the disable the signature check and still can not install any ROM zip. I am fully rooted and wonder is there something i am still doing wrong i have tried nightly builds, stable etc and none install but come back with the status 7, i have also tried editing the package under META_INF>COM>GOOGLE>ANDROID>UPDATER_SCRIPT and have removed the assert and tried that way to my evail nothing has worked please help thanks
Try asking in your phone specific forum. You're not going to get any help here as we are not familiar with your model and will not risk bricking your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood