Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default did cm9 get abandoned?

I can't seem to find the cm9 thread only cm10

There's an active cm9 thread on xda forums.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1563658

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Androidntral Forums

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: did cm9 get abandoned?

Edit: Sorry for the misinformation..

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

It's okay to reference threads on XDA, especially when the content is posted there and not here. Also, CM9 is not AOKP. Yes AOKP is based off CM9, but they're not the same. They are two different ROMs, that have different appeals.

Regarding AC and XDA getting along ... well, I'd say it's important to make it clear that you're referring to forum users, and not the sites themselves. Most people (like me) are members of both forums, and I get along with myself just fine!
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exclamation Re: did cm9 get abandoned?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    It's okay to reference threads on XDA, especially when the content is posted there and not here. Also, CM9 is not AOKP. Yes AOKP is based off CM9, but they're not the same. They are two different ROMs, that have different appeals.

Regarding AC and XDA getting along ... well, I'd say it's important to make it clear that you're referring to forum users, and not the sites themselves. Most people (like me) are members of both forums, and I get along with myself just fine!
    Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I mean it because last time I posted a link over there pointing to AC, I got bashed by some immature users over there. I didn't want the same thing to happen to that guy.

Also, as soon as DK started working on Jellybean over here, which is probably further along in development than on XDA, they started talking junk because it is a port! Really? But I won't say no more derogatory comments towards XDA no more because you're a cool person.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I mean it because last time I posted a link over there pointing to AC, I got bashed by some immature users over there. I didn't want the same thing to happen to that guy.

Also, as soon as DK started working on Jellybean over here, which is probably further along in development than on XDA, they started talking junk because it is a port! Really? But I won't say no more derogatory comments towards XDA no more because you're a cool person.
    I appreciate your looking out for me, lol. I'm one of those guys that came from xda because of dk's excellent development... But I'm much more impressed with the community over here. I, in no way, am one of the immature idiots you are referring to.
    I posted the link because it is good info that will help out the op. I'd like someone to have the courtesy to do the same for me, in the event that I have a similar question. It's not about one Site being better, it's about helping people.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskid View Post
    I appreciate your looking out for me, lol. I'm one of those guys that came from xda because of dk's excellent development... But I'm much more impressed with the community over here. I, in no way, am one of the immature idiots you are referring to.
    I posted the link because it is good info that will help out the op. I'd like someone to have the courtesy to do the same for me, in the event that I have a similar question. It's not about one Site being better, it's about helping people.

+1 ! I agree completely.

I like helping people, especially with Android.

It's probably worth mentioning that in general Android Central's forum member base is composed of people who are average users looking for support, and not the type that likes to root, flash and tweak their device. Some devices have a strong development following on these forums, but until DK2 came along, our phone was not one of them. Interest in the AC rooting and flashing forums is usually driven by a developer (erp sorry DK2 ... CONTRIBUTOR ) who posts their work here. Especially cutting edge work like a new Android OS version. I think the page count of his JB ROM thread is a testament to that.

So in general you get a friendlier and more helpful atmosphere on these forums than you do on forums that are more development focused, mainly because the user demographic tends to be different. You get great people everywhere, and you get jerks everywhere, but I'm referring to the law of averages here.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

It's probably worth mentioning that in general Android Central's forum member base is composed of people who are average users looking for support, and not the type that likes to root, flash and tweak their device. Some devices have a strong development following on these forums, but until DK2 came along, our phone was not one of them. Interest in the AC rooting and flashing forums is usually driven by a developer (erp sorry DK2 ... CONTRIBUTOR ) who posts their work here. Especially cutting edge work like a new Android OS version. I think the page count of his JB ROM thread is a testament to that.

So in general you get a friendlier and more helpful atmosphere on these forums than you do on forums that are more development focused, mainly because the user demographic tends to be different. You get great people everywhere, and you get jerks everywhere, but I'm referring to the law of averages here.
    Ya I agree. You slipped with that developer comment mr. jaywill. Dont let it happen again.

83,000 views in 9 days is insane
    2,000 posts in 9 days
    Over 21,000 Downloads

The demand for Jellybean is crazy insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight2 View Post
    Ya I agree. You slipped with that developer comment mr. jaywill. Dont let it happen again.

83,000 views in 9 days is insane
    2,000 posts in 9 days
    Over 21,000 Downloads

The demand for Jellybean is crazy insane.
    Glad you stopped by this thread. Thanks for looking into building a jb rom. It was absolutely amazing, I can't wait for the final product. It was soo much better than cm9.

I'm on cm9 nightly. =)

http://goo.im/devs/Shabbypenguin/E4GT-Nightlies
    Hit the thanks button lol

Thanked by:
    asd216 

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by aboulsaoudm View Post
    Goo.im Downloads - Browsing E4GT-Nightlies
    Hit the thanks button lol

ill thank you! ive been looking for this for a couple days! lol
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch running CyanogenMod 10

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

This caused me to get stuck at boot. Seems it would only work with AOKP

make sure u wipe all

Its far from abandoned. chris41g has been working on getting our device officially merged into CM which means a stable CM9 ROM and eventually CM10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,275 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So is Alpha 6 the latest version then?

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So is Alpha 6 the latest version then?
    It's the latest version labeled as "Alpha", but chris41g has been compiling nightly builds for almost a month now. He's been working hard on trying to get the CM9 build for our phone merged into the Cyanogenmod mainstream and get it officially supported.

You can get his latest builds here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing CM
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

It's the latest version labeled as "Alpha", but chris41g has been compiling nightly builds for almost a month now. He's been working hard on trying to get the CM9 build for our phone merged into the Cyanogenmod mainstream and get it officially supported.

CM9 is done now. They released stable builds for there officially supported devices. They have moved on to CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight2 View Post
    CM9 is done now. They released stable builds for there officially supported devices. They have moved on to CM10
    Yes but they are still merging in stragglers. They just won't be doing anymore major development on the ROM outside of bug fixes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Not to say there is anything wrong with CM9, its just Cyanogen Mod team has put their efforts into making it the best and most stable daily driver they can make it with their well known common tweaks and mods. Now they are complete and are refocusing their efforts on CM10.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    2,275 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Can you describe his naming scheme

I'm a little miffed whether "backthatassup" is the newest ROM or what I should be downloading?!?
    Thanked by 2:
    Wiskid 
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Can you describe his naming scheme

I'm a little miffed whether "backthatassup" is the newest ROM or what I should be downloading?!?
    Chris names his stuff very oddly. Dont know why.

Yeah he's been using some weird naming conventions the past several days for some reason. Usually he doesn't name them at all. Anyhoo, just go by the date and time stamps for the files to determine the most recent build.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Yeah he's been using some weird naming conventions the past several days for some reason. Usually he doesn't name them at all. Anyhoo, just go by the date and time stamps for the files to determine the most recent build.

I believe he does it so people know its from him. Another dev has been using his work and calling it his own. From what I gathered in the cm9 thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast