Install Clockworkmod Without Computer??

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes. You can download a kernel repacked with CWM directly to your phone, and flash it with Mobile Odin. You'd also need to download and install Mobile Odin from XDA if you have a forum account, or you can purchase it from the Play Store. Make sure the kernel you flash is compatible with whatever ROM base you're on.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Also make sure its in a tar format. If its a zip you cannot use mobile odin to flash it. So it would be kernel.tar where kernel is whatever you downloaded.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

agentcelsius

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes. You can download a kernel repacked with CWM directly to your phone, and flash it with Mobile Odin. You'd also need to download and install Mobile Odin from XDA if you have a forum account, or you can purchase it from the Play Store. Make sure the kernel you flash is compatible with whatever ROM base you're on.

um. . . i'm really not sure. . . but . . . don't you have to be rooted to use mobile odin? ? ? :confused:

Jmuney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
You can install clockworkmod recovery from a Rooted phone using ROM manager, which is available in the app store

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I would highly suggest staying away from rom manager guys. It has caused bricks in the past and will again I'm sure.

Reactions: garwynn

Jmuney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't that when it was with the emmc bug and all recoveries were risky business?

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I would highly suggest staying away from rom manager guys. It has caused bricks in the past and will again I'm sure.

+1

Jmuney, Rom manager causes bricks by itself, it doesn't need help from the emmc bug. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Jmuney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Serious? That is so lame. Times like this, I hate android. Keeping up with this stuff is too much of a chore.

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
+1

Jmuney, Rom manager causes bricks by itself, it doesn't need help from the emmc bug. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710

I just had to lol at that one. Mobile Odin is the way to go without a pc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

organizedConfusion

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Serious? That is so lame. Times like this, I hate android. Keeping up with this stuff is too much of a chore.

Chore? No ones forcing you to enjoy this jelly bean goodness.

And as far as I know you have to be rooted to use mobile odin, and then after that you can do everything from the phone. That's pretty much what I do.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't that when it was with the emmc bug and all recoveries were risky business?

At one point this was true... But Agat and others have made the necessary changes to avoid triggering the bug.

If in doubt ask if the kernel is safe. Most custom ones are nowadays... Stock unfortunately is not and may never be.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance