1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Agats Kernel on Blazer Rom

I want to install Agats 0.4.4 kernel on Blazer Rom 1.5.

Is the install procedure the same as usual flashing? (recovery -> wipe cache/dalvik -> install from SD card)?

I was looking at this guide but I'm not sure what the EL26 CWM Repack is or if I even need to do that.

Attached screenshot is what I'm currently on. Thanks for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Agats Kernel on Blazer Rom-screenshot_2012-08-15-22-38-16.png  

Yes that method will work fine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Agats Kernel on Blazer Rom

Thanks. So that means there is no need to flash the EL26 CWM repack? Is there even a reason to do that?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cydex123 View Post
    Thanks. So that means there is no need to flash the EL26 CWM repack? Is there even a reason to do that?
    Do not use ICS recovery to flash anything rom related. Kernels and modems are just fine to flash from ics recovery.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Using Odin or Mobile Odin works just as good if you download the .tar version. I Mobile Odin for kernel updates and there is no need to wipe cache/dalvik. Just flash and go
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight2 View Post
    Do not use ICS recovery to flash anything rom related. Kernels and modems are just fine to flash from ics recovery.
    Can you give me some examples of what not to flash? I'm using the tREC_v0.2.0 recovery which came with Blazer rom. I flashed a mod to remove the "Swipe to Unlock" text from the lockscreen and didn't see a problem.

Really just don't flash anything that wipes....and if ur unsure what does/doesn't wipe before u flash, just be safe with el26.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums