[ROMS][JB][CM10] PhantomPhreak53's Unofficial CM10 Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milenko

Banned
May 1, 2011
Visit site
This is a sanctioned support thread on Android Central for the sbrissen/PhantomPhreak53 CM10 projects currently underway on Freenode #JB-DEV-E4GT. We will be assisting users in this thread and on the IRC.

This is an alpha release of CM10. I am not responsible if you brick your phone. This is the first Alpha release. YES it will have bugs!! We are working on getting these fixed. I cannot look in to issues unless you provide me with a log.

This is NOT a port! This is built directly from CM source.

CyanogenMod - for all the hard work
sbrissen - his device tree, kernel work and so much more. Wouldn't have been possible without him
darchstar - helping me fix a few things
chris41g - helping with the kernel and fixing a few issues
ShabbyPenguin - Mirror Site
codeworkx - for his work on the international SGSII
preludedrew - Schooling me on Github
slick_rick - for testing EVERYTING

Thanks to the testers:
LoCoBoi187, javan966, s0ckm0nkey, keanon, France-is-Bacon, junkshow and everyone else from #jb-dev-e4gt

Works:
Data
SMS
MMS
WiFi
GPS
Bluetooth
4G
Camera
Google Now

Known Issues:
4G initial start says unknown but then connects
Superuser doesn't always prompt for user input (Still works) - New to alpha2.3
Some people still report a LOS. Nowhere near as bad as it was.

Work Arounds:
4G initial start says unknown
- Disconnect 4G and reconnect again.

LOS (Loss of Service) Phone may or may not show you have reception. The bug is where all data stops working
- You can usually toggle airplane mode to regain data.

Superuser doesn't always prompt for user input
- You can either download SuperSu from the market or download a flashable zip directly from ChainFire's thread as a flashable zip.
- Set superuser to auto grant

Install Instructions:
1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset *
2. Wipe Cache *
3. Wipe Dalvik *
4. Flash CM10
5. Flash Gapps

* Assuming you are on a kernel that has a safe recovery. If you are not sure what this means, check out This thread

Downloads:
CM10 Alpha 4.1
- Fixed bluetooth audio - Thanks sbrissen
- CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 4
- Fixed LOS (Some people are still getting them but it's A LOT better) - Thanks sbrissen
- Fixed SOD - Thanks sbrissen
- Fixed Random screen wake ups - Thanks sbrissen
- Updated to kernel to smdk4210_new - Thanks sbrissen
- Fixed Gallery Playback
- Fixed forward facing camera pictures
- CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 2.3
- New device prop files (Improves LOS issue) - Thanks sbrissen
- CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 2
- Fixed SMS/MMS
- Fixed GPS
- CM Upstream

CM10 Alpha 1
- Initial Release

Gapps:
gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Github:
https://github.com/PhantomPhreak53

Last edited:

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Been using this rom since you posted it and zero LOS and only a %15 battery drop since flashing! Thanks for posting it here and to Phantom/sbrissen for their work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

andermic

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been running this rom for a little over 12 hours and I've yet to experience LOS, but I have had good signal the whole time. The 4G initial turn on issue exists, as expected, but works after the second time. The only issues I have been able to find is that in the system settings -> dock, I cannot access the 'Dock' and 'Icons' sub-menus. However, I'm not sure if that's just a CM development thing.

Otherwise, this ROM is amazing. I can't wait to see how it progresses.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been running this rom for a little over 12 hours and I've yet to experience LOS, but I have had good signal the whole time. The 4G initial turn on issue exists, as expected, but works after the second time. The only issues I have been able to find is that in the system settings -> dock, I cannot access the 'Dock' and 'Icons' sub-menus. However, I'm not sure if that's just a CM development thing.

Otherwise, this ROM is amazing. I can't wait to see how it progresses.
I believe its a CM then and hasn't been merged yet. Great ROM.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay so its been a good day and a half since flashing and I've only experienced 1 LOS and when it happened, it restored data itself. Very awesome. Can't wait for Alpha 5.

WhoAmI

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Is nobody else not using this ROM? Wow.

Nice double negative ;) I just loaded this ROM on and this is the first JB ROM that has worked on my phone (the first one was extremely unstable and the other had bootloop issues)! So far it has run very well for me. Keep up the good work!

andermic

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
So, after a few days of use, I am getting the random airplane mode bug constantly. Pretty much every time I look at my phone it is in airplane mode. Are there any workarounds for this? Or is there a way for me to help with debugging this?

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Nice double negative ;) I just loaded this ROM on and this is the first JB ROM that has worked on my phone (the first one was extremely unstable and the other had bootloop issues)! So far it has run very well for me. Keep up the good work!
Lol I see my mistake.

So, after a few days of use, I am getting the random airplane mode bug constantly. Pretty much every time I look at my phone it is in airplane mode. Are there any workarounds for this? Or is there a way for me to help with debugging this?
Try manually toggling airplane mode or a reboot. Last resort, wipe data.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
On day 2.no los issues.no battery issues.lovin it so far...been in and out of secure building s with no possibility of reception and my signal picked right up when it should've.makin great progress here....thanks everyone involved...who deserves priority donations?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

agentcelsius

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i got the airplane mode bug during my drive to work. i turned my 4g off b4 my commute.

i was messing with the "use calibration data" option then calibrated and my rotation would not return to 0?. unchecked it and it started working properly again.

no battery drain yet, no actual los to report because i have poor service in my office.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
On day 2.no los issues.no battery issues.lovin it so far...been in and out of secure building s with no possibility of reception and my signal picked right up when it should've.makin great progress here....thanks everyone involved...who deserves priority donations?

1. sbrissen
2. PhantomPhreak53
3. CM

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

sbrissen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34