Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 362
Like Tree60Likes
  1. #26  

    Default

    Double post...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Corrupt_Data; 08-25-2012 at 06:45 PM.
  2. #27  
    whiba's Avatar

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    They are using a slightly different mounting. Mounts are below

    /sdcard0 = /sdcard = Internal Storage
    /sdcard1 = /extSDcard = External Storage
    Not sure if you are aware, but camera does not see the external SD (or at least there is no option to save pictures to external SD). Not sure if this is controlled by the rom or gapps.

    Gallery sees previous photos from my external SD just fine. I'm talking about taking new photos and having them stored to external SD right off the bat.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by DEF3NDER View Post
    I hope you are actually going to continue to support this thread and you weren't here just to spite DK. It was nice to actually have roms in this forum for a while instead of just empty wasted space like before...

    Why weren't you here with roms a month ago?

    I hope everyone can give each other high fives and feel super cool and good about themselves now.

    The community is the victim in all this.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    I will continue to support this thread.

    I honestly didn't want to maintain two threads on two different sites. Multiple people have requested that I post here so I am.

    I am not sure what the rest of your comment means but I had nothing to do with the DK drama and I don't want any of here in my thread. I have been in constant contact with DK and have offered to help him multiple times.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
    Not sure if you are aware, but camera does not see the external SD (or at least there is no option to save pictures to external SD). Not sure if this is controlled by the rom or gapps.

    Gallery sees previous photos from my external SD just fine. I'm talking about taking new photos and having them stored to external SD right off the bat.
    Yeah I am aware of this. I have it on my list of things to look at.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
  5. #30  
    whiba's Avatar

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Yeah I am aware of this. I have it on my list of things to look at.
    sweet! that is really my only complaint.

    I've only gotten the airplane mode once over the last 3 days, and some fast battery draining with screen on, but I can deal with that. This is my DD for sure now.

    Phone sleeps like a baby and battery barely drains at all while sleeping.
    Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 08-25-2012 at 07:29 PM.
  6. #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I will continue to support this thread.

    I honestly didn't want to maintain two threads on two different sites. Multiple people have requested that I post here so I am.

    I am not sure what the rest of your comment means but I had nothing to do with the DK drama and I don't want any of here in my thread. I have been in constant contact with DK and have offered to help him multiple times.
    Fair enough. Thank you.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  7. #32  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight2 View Post
    I think exchange was fixed by cm team!
    Yeah, my mistake. I was running an older build.
  8. #33  
    elbaso's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Alpha 5.1

    Default

    I've been running this ROM for a few hours now, and I noticed that I've been getting really terrible battery life.
    I'm talking about taking a battery from 100 percent to empty in about an hour.

    Looking at the battery stats, it seems that media process is constantly running (70%+ of battery drain), and is preventing the phone from going to sleep.

    It's a great ROM otherwise, and I'm really hoping the battery issue is resolved soon.
  9. #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elbaso View Post
    I've been running this ROM for a few hours now, and I noticed that I've been getting really terrible battery life.
    I'm talking about taking a battery from 100 percent to empty in about an hour.

    Looking at the battery stats, it seems that media process is constantly running (70%+ of battery drain), and is preventing the phone from going to sleep.

    It's a great ROM otherwise, and I'm really hoping the battery issue is resolved soon.
    Here too, my CPU is pinned at 1200 and my phone gets hot. If you go to running processes and kill media, it stops.

    I also have a problem with downloads, the notification keeps popping up even after I clear it. I have to wipe Download's data just to keep my notification bar clean.

    Other than that, everything runs great! I've even underclocked to 800 and it still runs smooth.

    PS. What happened to Jellybro? Did all the highschool drama get his threads deleted? He made kernels into flashable zips, and it saved me a lot of time.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #35  
    dandinnj's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigt2003 View Post
    Here too, my CPU is pinned at 1200 and my phone gets hot. If you go to running processes and kill media, it stops.

    I also have a problem with downloads, the notification keeps popping up even after I clear it. I have to wipe Download's data just to keep my notification bar clean.

    Other than that, everything runs great! I've even underclocked to 800 and it still runs smooth.

    PS. What happened to Jellybro? Did all the highschool drama get his threads deleted? He made kernels into flashable zips, and it saved me a lot of time.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I read something in Phantoms original thread for this that some people found it was actually market that was forcing media to stay open and that it went away when they froze it.

    As for your PS there is a sticky regarding that issue.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by elbaso View Post
    I've been running this ROM for a few hours now, and I noticed that I've been getting really terrible battery life.
    I'm talking about taking a battery from 100 percent to empty in about an hour.

    Looking at the battery stats, it seems that media process is constantly running (70%+ of battery drain), and is preventing the phone from going to sleep.

    It's a great ROM otherwise, and I'm really hoping the battery issue is resolved soon.
    Wow! That is really bad. I know there is a battery drain issue but most people are having better battery life than that. Do you experience the Airplane Mode bug a lot? That would really drain your battery.

    sbrissen did add code to the battery for it to read the actual battery percentage more accurate but that is just minimal. I don't think the battery drain will get any better until we figure out the airplane mode bug.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigt2003 View Post
    Here too, my CPU is pinned at 1200 and my phone gets hot. If you go to running processes and kill media, it stops.

    I also have a problem with downloads, the notification keeps popping up even after I clear it. I have to wipe Download's data just to keep my notification bar clean.

    Other than that, everything runs great! I've even underclocked to 800 and it still runs smooth.

    PS. What happened to Jellybro? Did all the highschool drama get his threads deleted? He made kernels into flashable zips, and it saved me a lot of time.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I haven't heard of that issue before. What happens if you just reboot? Does it go back to normal? Anything specific you are doing before this happens?
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
  13. #38  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Now I finally found a jellybean Rom that works good. I can deal with the airplane mode bug for now.Good Job!!!!
  14. #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evoldroid View Post
    Now I finally found a jellybean Rom that works good. I can deal with the airplane mode bug for now.Good Job!!!!
    It really is amazing how far along this ROM really is. Great job Phantom and all involved
  15. #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I haven't heard of that issue before. What happens if you just reboot? Does it go back to normal? Anything specific you are doing before this happens?
    Media runs wild at every reboot. I'm not doing anything, it starts on its own. But freezing DRM and force closing media after each reboot seems to work.

    Download notifications don't go away whenever I download anything thru chrome or browser. Even after a reboot, it still shows the download complete notification.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  16. #41  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Phantom, been flashing this ROM from XDA, nice to see you here! Great job!
  17. #42  
    elbaso's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Alpha 5.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Wow! That is really bad. I know there is a battery drain issue but most people are having better battery life than that. Do you experience the Airplane Mode bug a lot? That would really drain your battery.

    sbrissen did add code to the battery for it to read the actual battery percentage more accurate but that is just minimal. I don't think the battery drain will get any better until we figure out the airplane mode bug.
    I haven't really been experiencing the airplane mode bug. When the Media process stopped, I did get better battery life, but it is still pretty bad.
    I'm seeing about 25% drain per hour.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    working pretty great! I'm only getting the airplane bug when wifi is on and I go out of range of the network.
  19. #44  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elbaso View Post
    I haven't really been experiencing the airplane mode bug. When the Media process stopped, I did get better battery life, but it is still pretty bad.
    I'm seeing about 25% drain per hour.
    Use autostart to disable drm at startup, then freeze Dsp. That's what worked for me.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #45  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    is anybody else only getting the crt off animation sometimes?
  21. #46  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Currently running build 6 from dk2. Should I flash to your 4.3?
  22. #47  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    Quote Originally Posted by autopaintman View Post
    Currently running build 6 from dk2. Should I flash to your 4.3?
    I'd say yes.
  23. #48  

    Default

    For people with bad battery life due to media try clearing your gallery data then rebooting

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by studdmufin View Post
    For people with bad battery life due to media try clearing your gallery data then rebooting

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    instead of removing you can move pictures and I recommend video to a folder with a dot in front. like this .picture and then the gallery won't see them. also click menu, settings, accounts, Google and un check picassa. that worked for me. oh, reboot when done. if that doesn't work then with the pictures still in the dot folder download media Rescan from the market. run that. wait fifteen minutes and reboot.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

    I'm currently running DKs's latest build but I want to switch over to yours. I know I need a safe recovery but is it possible to post a recommended one or PM it to me. There just seems to be so much out there that I want to make sure I get the right one. I currently have CMW-based recovery v6.0.1.2
    Can I use this?
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B