Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Double post...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Corrupt_Data; 08-25-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    They are using a slightly different mounting. Mounts are below

/sdcard0 = /sdcard = Internal Storage
    /sdcard1 = /extSDcard = External Storage
    Not sure if you are aware, but camera does not see the external SD (or at least there is no option to save pictures to external SD). Not sure if this is controlled by the rom or gapps.

Gallery sees previous photos from my external SD just fine. I'm talking about taking new photos and having them stored to external SD right off the bat.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by DEF3NDER View Post
    I hope you are actually going to continue to support this thread and you weren't here just to spite DK. It was nice to actually have roms in this forum for a while instead of just empty wasted space like before...

Why weren't you here with roms a month ago?

I hope everyone can give each other high fives and feel super cool and good about themselves now.

The community is the victim in all this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    I will continue to support this thread.

I honestly didn't want to maintain two threads on two different sites. Multiple people have requested that I post here so I am.

I am not sure what the rest of your comment means but I had nothing to do with the DK drama and I don't want any of here in my thread. I have been in constant contact with DK and have offered to help him multiple times.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
    Not sure if you are aware, but camera does not see the external SD (or at least there is no option to save pictures to external SD). Not sure if this is controlled by the rom or gapps.

Gallery sees previous photos from my external SD just fine. I'm talking about taking new photos and having them stored to external SD right off the bat.
    Yeah I am aware of this. I have it on my list of things to look at.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Yeah I am aware of this. I have it on my list of things to look at.
    sweet! that is really my only complaint.

I've only gotten the airplane mode once over the last 3 days, and some fast battery draining with screen on, but I can deal with that. This is my DD for sure now.

Phone sleeps like a baby and battery barely drains at all while sleeping.
    Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 08-25-2012 at 07:29 PM.

I will continue to support this thread.

I honestly didn't want to maintain two threads on two different sites. Multiple people have requested that I post here so I am.

I am not sure what the rest of your comment means but I had nothing to do with the DK drama and I don't want any of here in my thread. I have been in constant contact with DK and have offered to help him multiple times.
    Fair enough. Thank you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight2 View Post
    I think exchange was fixed by cm team!
    Yeah, my mistake. I was running an older build.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Alpha 5.1

I've been running this ROM for a few hours now, and I noticed that I've been getting really terrible battery life.
    I'm talking about taking a battery from 100 percent to empty in about an hour.

Looking at the battery stats, it seems that media process is constantly running (70%+ of battery drain), and is preventing the phone from going to sleep.

It's a great ROM otherwise, and I'm really hoping the battery issue is resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by elbaso View Post
    I've been running this ROM for a few hours now, and I noticed that I've been getting really terrible battery life.

Looking at the battery stats, it seems that media process is constantly running (70%+ of battery drain), and is preventing the phone from going to sleep.

It's a great ROM otherwise, and I'm really hoping the battery issue is resolved soon.
    Here too, my CPU is pinned at 1200 and my phone gets hot. If you go to running processes and kill media, it stops.

I also have a problem with downloads, the notification keeps popping up even after I clear it. I have to wipe Download's data just to keep my notification bar clean.

Other than that, everything runs great! I've even underclocked to 800 and it still runs smooth.

PS. What happened to Jellybro? Did all the highschool drama get his threads deleted? He made kernels into flashable zips, and it saved me a lot of time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigt2003 View Post
    Here too, my CPU is pinned at 1200 and my phone gets hot. If you go to running processes and kill media, it stops.

I also have a problem with downloads, the notification keeps popping up even after I clear it. I have to wipe Download's data just to keep my notification bar clean.

Other than that, everything runs great! I've even underclocked to 800 and it still runs smooth.

PS. What happened to Jellybro? Did all the highschool drama get his threads deleted? He made kernels into flashable zips, and it saved me a lot of time.

I read something in Phantoms original thread for this that some people found it was actually market that was forcing media to stay open and that it went away when they froze it.

As for your PS there is a sticky regarding that issue.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Wow! That is really bad. I know there is a battery drain issue but most people are having better battery life than that. Do you experience the Airplane Mode bug a lot? That would really drain your battery.

sbrissen did add code to the battery for it to read the actual battery percentage more accurate but that is just minimal. I don't think the battery drain will get any better until we figure out the airplane mode bug.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by Bigt2003 View Post

I haven't heard of that issue before. What happens if you just reboot? Does it go back to normal? Anything specific you are doing before this happens?

Now I finally found a jellybean Rom that works good. I can deal with the airplane mode bug for now.Good Job!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evoldroid View Post
    Now I finally found a jellybean Rom that works good. I can deal with the airplane mode bug for now.Good Job!!!!
    It really is amazing how far along this ROM really is. Great job Phantom and all involved

I haven't heard of that issue before. What happens if you just reboot? Does it go back to normal? Anything specific you are doing before this happens?
    Media runs wild at every reboot. I'm not doing anything, it starts on its own. But freezing DRM and force closing media after each reboot seems to work.

Download notifications don't go away whenever I download anything thru chrome or browser. Even after a reboot, it still shows the download complete notification.

Phantom, been flashing this ROM from XDA, nice to see you here! Great job!

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Alpha 5.1

Wow! That is really bad. I know there is a battery drain issue but most people are having better battery life than that. Do you experience the Airplane Mode bug a lot? That would really drain your battery.

sbrissen did add code to the battery for it to read the actual battery percentage more accurate but that is just minimal. I don't think the battery drain will get any better until we figure out the airplane mode bug.
    I haven't really been experiencing the airplane mode bug. When the Media process stopped, I did get better battery life, but it is still pretty bad.
    I'm seeing about 25% drain per hour.

working pretty great! I'm only getting the airplane bug when wifi is on and I go out of range of the network.

I haven't really been experiencing the airplane mode bug. When the Media process stopped, I did get better battery life, but it is still pretty bad.
    I'm seeing about 25% drain per hour.
    Use autostart to disable drm at startup, then freeze Dsp. That's what worked for me.

is anybody else only getting the crt off animation sometimes?

Currently running build 6 from dk2. Should I flash to your 4.3?

Quote Originally Posted by autopaintman View Post
    Currently running build 6 from dk2. Should I flash to your 4.3?
    I'd say yes.

For people with bad battery life due to media try clearing your gallery data then rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by studdmufin View Post
    For people with bad battery life due to media try clearing your gallery data then rebooting

instead of removing you can move pictures and I recommend video to a folder with a dot in front. like this .picture and then the gallery won't see them. also click menu, settings, accounts, Google and un check picassa. that worked for me. oh, reboot when done. if that doesn't work then with the pictures still in the dot folder download media Rescan from the market. run that. wait fifteen minutes and reboot.

I'm currently running DKs's latest build but I want to switch over to yours. I know I need a safe recovery but is it possible to post a recommended one or PM it to me. There just seems to be so much out there that I want to make sure I get the right one. I currently have CMW-based recovery v6.0.1.2
    Can I use this?
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast