Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Quote Originally Posted by tonydelante View Post
    I'm currently running DKs's latest build but I want to switch over to yours. I know I need a safe recovery but is it possible to post a recommended one or PM it to me. There just seems to be so much out there that I want to make sure I get the right one. I currently have CMW-based recovery v6.0.1.2
    Can I use this?
    If you're concerned about bricking, then Odin el26 cwm recovery and then flash from there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Thanks, the only issues I'm having is airplane mode and gallery force closing. I keep reading about poor battery life however my battery life is very good, a ton better than the rc1 build. I'm assuming the 4.3 will be better. I appreciate your input. I should be able to flash from the build 6 to 4.3 with no problems correct? Thanks Again
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Quote Originally Posted by autopaintman View Post
    Currently running build 6 from dk2. Should I flash to your 4.3?
    That's up to you.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

Quote Originally Posted by tonydelante View Post
    I'm currently running DKs's latest build but I want to switch over to yours. I know I need a safe recovery but is it possible to post a recommended one or PM it to me. There just seems to be so much out there that I want to make sure I get the right one. I currently have CMW-based recovery v6.0.1.2
    Can I use this?
    Check the link in the OP.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange

I sent you a private message phantom. this doesn't work for us cellular. the only difference is branding and apn settings. I sent you a private message about using this for us cellular. us cellular was shut down. you going to support us cellular, ignore me, or let me change the settings to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by zmedhaug View Post
    I sent you a private message phantom. this doesn't work for us cellular. the only difference is branding and apn settings. I sent you a private message about using this for us cellular. us cellular was shut down. you going to support us cellular, ignore me, or let me change the settings to use it?
    FWIW, you don't need a developers permissions to fork an open source work, as long as you attribute credit.. but with minor changes like that, I wouldn't think releasing an entire ROM is feasible.. why not just a flashable zip?
    Thanked by 2:
    Corrupt_Data likes this.

Please be patient with a response, I'm sure your not the only US Cellular interested in this.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Please be patient with a response, I'm sure your not the only US Cellular interested in this.
    well all that has to happen is changing picture messaGing. I offered to do it myself. I waited for a response. didn't get one. phantom, I'll show you how. oh and your forum doesn't even have a section for our phones. tell you what, I'll port one tonight, I'll give it to only you. you can look at the simple edits I do. look at the page with no links and approve it. but in the end this is OPEN source. so can I assume it's open or is it closed?
    Last edited by Paul627g; 08-27-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Removed some unneccesary comments.

or how about we take away your ROM and give, it to u.s. cellular only. is that Nice? or fair! when a simple setting needs to be changed? for picture messaging? ? ? ? seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by chris41g View Post
    FWIW, you don't need a developers permissions to fork an open source work, as long as you attribute credit.. but with minor changes like that, I wouldn't think releasing an entire ROM is feasible.. why not just a flashable zip?
    Chris, a zip is fine. problem is I'm so dumb I can't make a zip and even if I did the build.prop changes, so simple line edits to change the picture messaging is the only way. to clarify, if the build.prop is changed, I make a zip, the build.prop is an old one.

ROM
    stock

Is native hotspot working on this?
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

ROM
    CM10

Switching over to your ROM from dk. I'm happy to be on board and I can be a tester if you want. I do have the ability to pull logcats.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

I have the files DK sent me. I will look in to making a flashable zip. The new CM apn-conf has code for US Cellular built in, so it should be just a matter of changing the build.prop to match.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
    Is native hotspot working on this?
    3G yes.
    slick8125 likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

well all that has to happen is changing picture messaGing. I offered to do it myself. I waited for a response. didn't get one. phantom, I'll show you how. oh and your forum doesn't even have a section for our phones. tell you what, I'll port one tonight, I'll give it to only you. you can look at the simple edits I do. look at the page with no links and approve it. but in the end this is OPEN source. so can I assume it's open or is it closed? come troll me like dk, or let us use your rom.
    or how about we take away your ROM and give, it to u.s. cellular only. is that Nice? or fair! when a simple setting needs to be changed? for picture messaging? ? ? ? seriously?
    I really don't understand your posts. I am aware that you would like this rom to be US Cellular compatible. I got it after the 2 PMs and the 4 posts about it in this thread but don't understand the rest of the text. Plus I am not on this site 24/7 so please give me a minute to respond.

All of my code is available to the public. My github is linked in the OP but here it is again. . If you clone all my repos and CM10 repos, you can build this rom yourself. Nothing closed about it.

ROM
    CM10

I was looking around and the cm10 boot animation was released. It might be cool to add that in.

ROM
    Stock

First off thank you to Phantom! Second, let's try and be patient with responses.

Third loving this ROM the only thing is I'm moving and have potential employers calling for interviews so I can't afford to miss calls due to LOS and battery issues. Gonna flash back to stock and once I get settled in I'll be gladly flashing back. Or if LOS/Battery issues get worked out in the next release.

Thanks for the support and Happy Flashing!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Quote Originally Posted by lifehacker101 View Post
    I was looking around and the cm10 boot animation was released. It might be cool to add that in.

Yeah the boot animation was finally approved after 8 revisions yesterday. My next build will definitely have it in there. I may push out today's test build just for that reason alone. Feels kind of weird having a CM9 boot animation on CM10.
    Thanked by:

I agree with the poster above. Lets be patient if you ask a question or PM the OP with questions. He has stated he isn't here 24/7 to check things so lets give him a little time to respond.

Also, its an open source compliant ROM. Full populated Github is available so you can fork or build the ROM as you like.

That is it.. Carry on.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I really don't understand your posts. I am aware that you would like this rom to be US Cellular compatible. I got it after the 2 PMs and the 4 posts about it in this thread but don't understand the rest of the text. Plus I am not on this site 24/7 so please give me a minute to respond.

All of my code is available to the public. My github is linked in the OP but here it is again. . If you clone all my repos and CM10 repos, you can build this rom yourself. Nothing closed about it.
    ok your ROM will work on the sch-r760 . all that has to be changed is the mms to work for my phone. can I change the files needed and distribute the "hacked, ported" ROM?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

ok your ROM will work on the sch-r760 . all that has to be changed is the mms to work for my phone. can I change the files needed and distribute the "hacked, ported" ROM?
    Have you tried to send mms on a recent build? CM has merged official apn support for US Cellular. I would think the ROM would work right out of the gate for both Sprint and US Cellular. I will look at the zip file that DK sent me and let you know if I plan on supporting US Cellular or not.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Have you tried to send mms on a recent build? CM has merged official apn support for US Cellular. I would think the ROM would work right out of the gate for both Sprint and US Cellular. I will look at the zip file that DK sent me and let you know if I plan on supporting US Cellular or not.
    ok the only thing left would be to make a zip to change the eri.xml so the drop down menu will say US CELLULAR. tomorrow I will test your ROM. send you the feedback on any changes needed.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.4: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

New build up.

( )
    - Fixed Screen rotation - thanks sbrissen
    - Fixed superuser (May need to update the binary) - thanks sbrissen
    - New CM10 boot animation
    - CM Upstream
    Thanked by 4:
    ramonm2 and KC_RUFFIAN137 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I agree with the poster above. Lets be patient if you ask a question or PM the OP with questions. He has stated he isn't here 24/7 to check things so lets give him a little time to respond.

Also, its an open source compliant ROM. Full populated Github is available so you can fork or build the ROM as you like.

That is it.. Carry on.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    can you delete all posts in this forum by me about us cellular to keep it clean for epic 4g users?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast