CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
CM10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Team Epic and CM are proud to announce the release of CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2 for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch​

CyanogenMod
sbrissen
chris41g
PhantomPhreak53
Hrubak
ShabbyPenguin
RainMotorSports
slick_rick

Please be kind to our file servers. This space is donated to us so we can provide fast downloads of the rom to you all. Please see this post about our previous file server.

Downloads:

Releases:
CM10 Beta 2
- Popping noise during calls
- CM Upstream

CM10 Beta 1
- Initial Release

Gapps:
gapps-jb-20121011

Nightlies:
Nightlies Download

Modified CMUpdater
CMUpdater.apk

Github:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod
https://github.com/EpicCM
https://github.com/EpicAOSP

Last edited:

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

A lot of people have messaged me asking how to build CM10. Now that we are using the galaxys2-common files things have changed and my github only has 1 repo now. Below is how to build it yourself if you would like.

Kang Instructions:
1. Sync CM10
2. Sync EpicCM d710 device tree
3. Sync CM galaxys2-common
4. Sync CM android_hardware_samsung
5. Sync EpicAOSP smdk4210_new
6. Sync TheMuppets proprietary_vendor_samsung
7. Build and Enjoy

Not to be rude but if this doesn't make sense to you, you probably shouldn't be building it anyway. I am not going to walk people through building it.

Last edited:

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

This is awesome. Great work and thank you for sharing over here.

thecloudyowl

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

srry wrong thread -____-

on another note, glad to see you here Phantom!

Last edited:

the720k

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Nice ROM. Of course there are some bugs, but it's nice and smooth for the most part. I noticed that Exchange connectivity was broken, so I grabbed Exchange.apk and Email.apk from my cheap unbranded A13-based ICS tablet. If you need to use Exchange with this ROM, simply download, extract, and throw the apks into your SGS2's /system/app folder, then reboot. Works great on mine. Only issue with it is that while it will notify you of a new email, the message shortcut won't appear in the drop-down notification list. Better than nothing, though, plus it syncs all Exchange Contacts like it should and shows Calendar events. Enjoy.

exchange_and_email_apks.zip

Shadefactor

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Anybody else can't find their external SD cards in file managers like es file manager or io?

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

There is a notification bug. I repeat, there is a notification bug. I was texting quite heavily today and the only way I knew that I received a text message was by turning the screen on. There is no notification light nor ringtone present. I'm on 4.3, by the way.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
There is a notification bug. I repeat, there is a notification bug. I was texting quite heavily today and the only way I knew that I received a text message was by turning the screen on. There is no notification light nor ringtone present. I'm on 4.3, by the way.

Can you post a logcat so phantomphreak can look at it? Its in his op. I have the same requirement for my rom. No logcat=I didnt happen ;)

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Okay so now the notification ringtone is working, but the LED is still not working.

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Nice ROM. Of course there are some bugs, but it's nice and smooth for the most part. I noticed that Exchange connectivity was broken, so I grabbed Exchange.apk and Email.apk from my cheap unbranded A13-based ICS tablet. If you need to use Exchange with this ROM, simply download, extract, and throw the apks into your SGS2's /system/app folder, then reboot. Works great on mine. Only issue with it is that while it will notify you of a new email, the message shortcut won't appear in the drop-down notification list. Better than nothing, though, plus it syncs all Exchange Contacts like it should and shows Calendar events. Enjoy.

exchange_and_email_apks.zip

I'm not having any issues with exchange on the base 4.3. My work email/contacts/calendar syncs perfectly, without having to install anything. I set up the account as "corporate".

agentcelsius

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
airplane mode logcat! ! !

i got a short logcat and dmesg where i got into airplane mode. i hope this helpz!

http://db.tt/cDLyfkLb

http://db.tt/1u8WaJvb

PS sorry bad link the first time

did anybody look at this I literally run the logcat and dmesg 2 mins b4 airplane mode

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx