Like Tree60Likes

Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.4: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

+1 on forgiving dk and using his ROM fixes
    Thanked by 2:
    tomlirr324 likes this.

Where can we find the latest kernel?

Hello guys. This would be a daily driver for me if it wasn't for that dreadful Airplane mode crap. Everything besides that is great! Btw for those responsible for this rom I thank you guys on all your hard work.

I have been running this rom since 4.3 and is my daily driver. My battery life is more than fair, more like very good and airplane mode is maybe once a day. I really like the keyboard, however my preference is to SWYPE. I installed and checked swype in settings, but does not work. Please help

Looking further into setting, Android Keyboard US is checked and greyed out so it can't be unchecked. Help Again..
    Last edited by autopaintman; 08-29-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Use touch pal keyboard. Almost identical, get updates from the market. Doesn't have those problems

Thanks, installing touch pal actually helped

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    No need to put quotations around it. You're using the forums to discredit someone that has left due to issues with his ROMs. You've been here longer than me so you should know that bashing isn't allowed. And he didn't borrow the patch , he made it himself. Any issues with what I said, can be brought up with me via PM, and non-compliance can and will be directed to the appropriate moderator.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch running the world's best operating system.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmedhaug View Post
    +1 on forgiving dk and using his ROM fixes
    Bluetooth audio was not fixed by DK lol.

CM10 Alpha 4.1 ( Mirror )
    - Fixed bluetooth audio - Thanks sbrissen
    - CM Upstream

You realize he was banned for kanging right? Whatever he told yall he "fixed" was most likely done by sbrissen, PhantomPhreak53, or CM upstream.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt_Data View Post
    Bluetooth audio was not fixed by DK lol.

CM10 Alpha 4.1 ( Mirror )
    - Fixed bluetooth audio - Thanks sbrissen
    - CM Upstream

You realize he was banned for kanging right? Whatever he told yall he "fixed" was most likely done by sbrissen, PhantomPhreak53, or CM upstream.
    Come on guys. Even though what dk did was wrong, what's done is done. Let's get on with the development of this awesome ROM before the moderators get involved.

We need to learn from the mistakes of others so we don't have to go through it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by lifehacker101; 08-29-2012 at 03:32 PM.

I understand but some people still think he was some god mode developer which he was far from so they need to learn lol. Anyways, mods can clean up my posts if needed. Back on topic. Sorry Phantom and AC mods
    blackstar1914 likes this.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

BT Streaming audio works fine for me. What apps are you using that you are trying to stream from?

only issues I've seen are the volume cap and when I go into settings under the gallery it just brings up an empty screen. All my pictures not showing up in the gallery also. other than that great battery life, my daily driver. looking forward to next update.

I understand but some people still think he was some god mode developer which he was far from so they need to learn lol. Anyways, mods can clean up my posts if needed. Back on topic. Sorry Phantom and AC mods
    I think people just want stuff to work and DON'T CARE WHO MADE IT. If it works it works if it don't dk found a way. I'll pour out a 40 for the homies who fixed it actually.
    Last edited by zmedhaug; 08-29-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Hatren likes this.

Does anyone else have problems with playing back video? Whether it is recorded by phone or a streaming one?

trying to download the newest update but its not working says the site is upgrading and the mirror times out, was wondering if you had another way to get it

Let's please cut out the DK chatter. He was given a chance, didn't meet the requirements set forth so he is gone. Also I will remove/delete any further attempt to advertise any ongoing work by DK.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    CM10

Phantom: I am still getting los every once and a while. Particularly when on mobile data. I had one WiFi los incident where the WiFi lost connection. Probably all kernel, are there any new ones out?

Quote Originally Posted by lifehacker101 View Post
    Phantom: I am still getting los every once and a while. Particularly when on mobile data. I had one WiFi los incident where the WiFi lost connection. Probably all kernel, are there any new ones out?

Nothing new at the moment but testing is going on behind the scenes working on LOS and the Airplane mode bug.

ROM
    CM10

Nothing new at the moment but testing is going on behind the scenes working on LOS and the Airplane mode bug.
    Cool. That's great. Thanks.

Hopefully they can get them under wraps so we can fully appreciate the sexiness of this ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
    BT Streaming audio works fine for me. What apps are you using that you are trying to stream from?
    Google Music, Apollo, Player Pro. None of them worked even after a full wipe. Maybe I got a bad DL.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I had a problem with Apollo once. But not anything else
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #122  

Default Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

New build up. UberPinguin figured if you compile the AOSP hardware_ril in place of CM, it fixed the Airplane Mode bug and LOS. This is just a temporary fix. UberPinguin is looking going to submit code to CM to get us back in to CM hardware_ril but this fix has been working and no known side effects yet. Please let me know if you experience any issues. I also updated the mount symlinks to be backwards compatible. May reverse depending on CM standards.

Downloads:
    ( )
    - Temporary fix for Airplane Mode Bug/LOS - thanks UberPinguin
    - Moved mount symlinks. Internal = /emmc and External = /sdcard
    - CM Upstream
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    Thanked by 3:

I'm on 4.4 and each time I upgrade to a new build, I do a full wipe. Is this necessary? Or can I just upgrade to alpha 5 over the 4.3?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #124  

Quote Originally Posted by autopaintman View Post
    I'm on 4.4 and each time I upgrade to a new build, I do a full wipe. Is this necessary? Or can I just upgrade to alpha 5 over the 4.3?
    I would probably do a full wipe for 5.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    Thanked by:

I noticed airplane or LOS happened after I used 4g. Didn't have issue until I turned on 4g. Ever since I have airplane issue. I hardly ever use 4g. This was on v4. Will install 5 and test out.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast