Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

It was for me lol

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Indyvette92

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Thanks mate!

now is there an app to overclock on this kernel?

ive also noticed, after doing some digging, the kernel tends to drain the battery (by keeping the cpu running at 200mhz/400mhz) ive installed the app cpu sleeper to knock out one of the cores, but the other core is still firing away, thus killing my battery.

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

sjsharksfan

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I have been MIA lately. I haven't really had time to do much of anything lately. I have updated the op to reflect the new builds and the new build server. If you are on an older build, I highly recommend updating. Please make sure you have the new updated CMUpdater.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I have been MIA lately. I haven't really had time to do much of anything lately. I have updated the op to reflect the new builds and the new build server. If you are on an older build, I highly recommend updating. Please make sure you have the new updated CMUpdater.

No worries. Everyone has a life outside of Android/Developing and its certainly understandable that you haven't been around to do much. Thanks again for all the hard work that has gone into getting this out for everyone to enjoy.

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
First I want to say thank you for all of your hard work as well.
I also wanted to know were I can find the right fix for GPS issues on this ROM? A link would be helpfull.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

junkshow

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I did the change through root explorer and get a pretty good lock however when I try to use navigation it just hangs ?
Well that sucks. I haven't used nav a ton since applying the gps.conf fixes, but it has worked well the few times I have. I use the GPS Status app to reset and download AGPS data pretty often. When GPS flakes out, I find that starting GPS Status and then toggling GPS off and back on with the notification toggle usually gets it going. I'm just guessing here, though. Hope that helps.

EDIT: at the end of this thread, someone mentioned they cleared data for the Maps app and rebooted after applying the gps.conf fix. [DEV] Lets fix the GPS once and for all - xda-developers

Last edited:

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
O don't know how but between hard resets restoring backups and GPS status and everything else I have navigation again!!! Don't know how long it will last and its a bit slow but it works!!!
Thanks junkshow!
I love all the people on this site for being so patient and helpful. Android rocks!

Last edited:

blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you planning on making a beta 3 or are you waiting for jb to come out to get the source code

Also has the sound bug been fixed
I'm on unofficial 11-25-12
And is it possible to be able to sync my Facebook contacts with my phone contacts

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a rooted FH13 rom with agat recovery. Do I have to go back to el29 or am I ok since I'm using agat?

Be safe and roll back to el26/el29 and flash the ROM from there. Agat makes safe recovery's but going the tried and proven route is always best, even if it takes an extra step.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you planning on making a beta 3 or are you waiting for jb to come out to get the source code

Also has the sound bug been fixed
I'm on unofficial 11-25-12
And is it possible to be able to sync my Facebook contacts with my phone contacts

I would think the next version will be released once source is published. In the meantime, people are reporting that Voodoo works to correct the audio bug, so you may want to consider that workaround.