CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I would think the next version will be released once source is published. In the meantime, people are reporting that Voodoo works to correct the audio bug, so you may want to consider that workaround.

Can you link to the Voodoo workaround?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Be safe and roll back to el26/el29 and flash the ROM from there. Agat makes safe recovery's but going the tried and proven route is always best, even if it takes an extra step.

But I can just mobile Odin the kernel to el26 or el29 before I go into Agat without having to go through the whole process right?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you link to the Voodoo workaround?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...N0dm9vZG9vLmNvbnRyb2xhcHAiXQ..&token=mpaOq_a1 I have not used it since the volume issues don't bother me. Use the app to adjust various volumes to your liking.

But I can just mobile Odin the kernel to el26 or el29 before I go into Agat without having to go through the whole process right?

If you Mobile Odin to flash el26 or el29 kernels you won't be on Agat's recovery. Said kernels have different recovery's but work just the same as Agat's. Once you have the kernels installed reboot...you'll get a boot loop (Gingerbread kernels are not compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean) so force a reboot to recovery by holding volume up+power.

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Says my device isn't compatible with this version for the voodoo libk

Sent from my SPH-D710

If you install the free version it will scan and set your drivers up. Then after that buy the app. Its amazing. I just wish it would work on the speaker as well....

bpa007tx

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I just saw you are on F127, I am too. What version of Clockworkmod are you using? I tried flashing CWM 5.0.2.7 and didn't have any luck, I think I need to use the TAR version in Odin. I've been reading a lot and I'm getting confused on what versions are for what particular phone. How do you like the ROM? Do you think you'll stick with it, that's what I'm looking for, a stable ROM that I won't have to change in a couple of months.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I want to use this ROM, what custom recovery is recommended for this ROM?

If you are flashing this ROM for the first time use a safe Recovery. It's always recommend that you use the Recovery packed into the stock el26 or el29 kernel. There are other safe recovery's, which work fine, but stock el26 is what I prefer to use.

bpa007tx

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are flashing this ROM for the first time use a safe Recovery. It's always recommend that you use the Recovery packed into the stock el26 or el29 kernel. There are other safe recovery's, which work fine, but stock el26 is what I prefer to use.

Thank you both for responding to my questions. I went to youtube and watched QBKing77 and installed AGAT Recovery and installed the ROM with no problems. It is working great so far, I was able to install it last night. The videos make it a lot easier. I'm going to flash CM10 on my LG Optimus S now, watched a couple of videos on that as well. For noobs like me the videos are the best.

Again, thank you both for the help.