new jb rom is AWESOME

glenesis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, does anyone know where and how I can Sprint Visual Voicemail working under CM10 based Paranoid Android? I've been looking for the fix for days. TIA! The PA ROM is very smooth.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey, does anyone know where and how I can Sprint Visual Voicemail working under CM10 based Paranoid Android? I've been looking for the fix for days. TIA! The PA ROM is very smooth.

Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: Customization Guide

It's for CM9 but I think it works with CM10 as well. Download the zip and flash it via safe recovery. I have it installed but have yet to receive a voicemail to see if it works.

glenesis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: Customization Guide

It's for CM9 but I think it works with CM10 as well. Download the zip and flash it via safe recovery. I have it installed but have yet to receive a voicemail to see if it works.

Thanks very much. I'll give it a try! Woo hoo!

Edit: I just found this over at Team Nocturnal, Sprint VVM for CM10

I'M not going to test it unless the one for CM9 fails. I really liked the old one very much. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at that thread last night... can't believe I hadn't seen it sooner! Looks cool indeed, and if its as stable as you say it is, I'll definitely have to try it soon. I was running sbrissen's aosp 4.1.1 alpha5 build for about a week and it's awesome, it's just I had to have a charger nearby. But he's been making that kernel his b***h at a crazy pace... I'm so excited!

Thanks for the input :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

+1 on sbrissen jb ROM I'm on the alpha 5 build but my battery life is the same as in ics

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in trying out this ROM. I see that the files for the ROM and GAps are .zip and I have only ever installed .tar files with odin via PC. Currently I am running AGATs recovery on FF18. I'm not sure if I should be unzipping the files, renaming to update.zip, or installing mobile odin and doing it through the phone. There is too many different ways to install different ROMs and it has me a little confused. What would be the best route for installing this ROM with what I have?

U can flash sbrissen jb rom from agat just back up your ics first

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit surprised to hear the battery life on Sbrissen's AOSP JB ROM is comparable to Cm9, as it uses the same kernel as the other CM based JB ROMs. Still, I went back to CM9 as I couldn't get comfortably through a day on the battery on the JB ROMs, and I simply don't care for pure Google. I far prefer the CM variants. They'll get there though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
So for the ones that seldom leave this forum... there is a paranoid android jb ROM out for the et4g.... it is awesome....been running it for 35 hours..no los... volume is loud... battery for me is awesome... plus if u want it has a tablet mode...Google now/ cards work as as well... if your in to flashing ROMs this is a must try! Bet u won't be disapointed

How about 270-degree rotation, or at least 180 from typical portrait position? That was one of several things I liked about CM7 on my old phone, but I'm hesitant to flash CM9 to my Galaxy. There's nothing on here that tells me "this is stable and reliable on this phone". I don't mean to impugn the devs, but I'm uncomfortable with the fact that, while the CM threads for the LG Optimus went into great detail about how to make sure you've got exactly the right preconditions on your device, I don't see that here with regard to the E4GT.