Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    hevenz1's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default new jb rom is AWESOME

    So for the ones that seldom leave this forum... there is a paranoid android jb ROM out for the et4g.... it is awesome....been running it for 35 hours..no los... volume is loud... battery for me is awesome... plus if u want it has a tablet mode...Google now/ cards work as as well... if your in to flashing ROMs this is a must try! Bet u won't be disapointed
    Thanked by 3:
    kchannel9 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Definitely next on my list.

    -"Crack" Stock/Tweaked FH23, Nova Launcher, Beats Audio, SG3 Dialer & MMS, Custom AOSP Pull-down, Google Now, Jellybean Animations-
  3. #3  

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Quote Originally Posted by DEF3NDER View Post
    Definitely next on my list.
    Same here. It looks very promising.

    For those interested but don't know where it was posted: [JB:CM10:HYBRD] PARANOIDANDROID [1.992, True HybridMode][09/02/12] - xda-developers
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    hevenz1's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Same here. It looks very promising.

    For those interested but don't know where it was posted: [JB:CM10:HYBRD] PARANOIDANDROID [1.992, True HybridMode][09/02/12] - xda-developers
    Thx.... I didn't wanna get yelled out for posting a link to the dark side...lol
  5. #5  

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    looks interesting, might have to try it out!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Is this rom safe to flash from the Rouge ET Recovery, or do I have to odic to EL26? Would EL29 work? I'm running the Dark Knight Liquid Ice rom now.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XxNitr0xX View Post
    Is this rom safe to flash from the Rouge ET Recovery, or do I have to odic to EL26? Would EL29 work? I'm running the Dark Knight Liquid Ice rom now.
    No don't flash it from Rogue. Mobile Odin any GB kernel/recovery. Either EL26 or EL29 is fine.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by 2:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    flash doesnt work in the new rom so when you serf the web some websites does not work
  9. #9  
    Surj138's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted EL29

    Default

    I was looking at that thread last night... can't believe I hadn't seen it sooner! Looks cool indeed, and if its as stable as you say it is, I'll definitely have to try it soon. I was running sbrissen's aosp 4.1.1 alpha5 build for about a week and it's awesome, it's just I had to have a charger nearby. But he's been making that kernel his b***h at a crazy pace... I'm so excited!

    Thanks for the input

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheheryaar View Post
    flash doesnt work in the new rom so when you serf the web some websites does not work
    You have to side load flash it won't be in the market

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #11  

    Default

    Volume is definitely not loud lol . Only the speaker is full volume not headset

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    I'm interested in trying out this ROM. I see that the files for the ROM and GAps are .zip and I have only ever installed .tar files with odin via PC. Currently I am running AGATs recovery on FF18. I'm not sure if I should be unzipping the files, renaming to update.zip, or installing mobile odin and doing it through the phone. There is too many different ways to install different ROMs and it has me a little confused. What would be the best route for installing this ROM with what I have?
  13. #13  
    sarcazmo's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
    I'm interested in trying out this ROM. I see that the files for the ROM and GAps are .zip and I have only ever installed .tar files with odin via PC. Currently I am running AGATs recovery on FF18. I'm not sure if I should be unzipping the files, renaming to update.zip, or installing mobile odin and doing it through the phone. There is too many different ways to install different ROMs and it has me a little confused. What would be the best route for installing this ROM with what I have?
    I always mobile odin to el26 w/ CWM before flashing a rom. Then I boot into recovery and flash calkulins format all zip.

    After I do that I'll install the rom and the gapps also through CWM.

    So if you save these to your sd card. When you restart your phone you hold volume up and power. That will take you CWM. Once there wipe data cache and davlik cache. Choose zip from sd card. Install the rom. Then choose zip from sd card install g apps.

    Restart your phone. First boot might take a while.
    Thanked by 2:
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarcazmo View Post
    I always mobile odin to el26 w/ CWM before flashing a rom. Then I boot into recovery and flash calkulins format all zip.

    After I do that I'll install the rom and the gapps also through CWM.

    So if you save these to your sd card. When you restart your phone you hold volume up and power. That will take you CWM. Once there wipe data cache and davlik cache. Choose zip from sd card. Install the rom. Then choose zip from sd card install g apps.

    Restart your phone. First boot might take a while.
    Thanks. I flashed back to el29 then flashed the el26 repack kernel and installed mobile Odin so I'm all ready but the battery life on ole gingerbread is so incredible I might just stay with it lol.
  15. #15  

    Default



    Took this screenshot today after work.. on PA 1.992.. very very impressive battery life..

    Sent from my JB ParanoidAndroid Samsung Epic 4G Touch!
    Thanked by:
    remonk 
    hevenz1 and remonk like this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    hevenz1's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Quote Originally Posted by carrsteven00 View Post
    Click to view quoted image


    Took this screenshot today after work.. on PA 1.992.. very very impressive battery life..

    Sent from my JB ParanoidAndroid Samsung Epic 4G Touch!
    Whoa.. I know your in tablet mode, but how did you get it to look like that (the sections ---messages, calls, battery?)
  17. #17  

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Quote Originally Posted by carrsteven00 View Post
    Click to view quoted image


    Took this screenshot today after work.. on PA 1.992.. very very impressive battery life..

    Sent from my JB ParanoidAndroid Samsung Epic 4G Touch!

    i am on 2.0v and want to update to 2.1v. do i full wipe?
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remonk View Post
    i am on 2.0v and want to update to 2.1v. do i full wipe?
    For that update, just wiping caches should be fine.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by:
    remonk 
  19. #19  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    8,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Definitely a ROM that I will be trying soon. I have stayed away from JB builds (why I don't really know lol) but think this will be the first one I install.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    So I ended up taking the plunge while bored at work Monday night. I've got to say I love it. Google now is awesome and so is the performance. Battery life still doesn't compare to gingerbread but it is better than ICS. The phablet mode is really neat and using it I have been able to keep the stock phone look for the launcher while being able to finally view HD videos in the YouTube app (actually has readable text now). I also like being able to do full tablet mode for gmail for quicker access to functions. I do really miss some touchwiz things like the clipboard with multiple copy paste history etc but alll in all I'm going to stick with this for a while.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Hey, does anyone know where and how I can Sprint Visual Voicemail working under CM10 based Paranoid Android? I've been looking for the fix for days. TIA! The PA ROM is very smooth.
    Check out the great rock music on my indie record label at http://131records.com
    kchannel9 likes this.
  22. #22  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    8,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Quote Originally Posted by glenesis View Post
    Hey, does anyone know where and how I can Sprint Visual Voicemail working under CM10 based Paranoid Android? I've been looking for the fix for days. TIA! The PA ROM is very smooth.
    Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: Customization Guide

    It's for CM9 but I think it works with CM10 as well. Download the zip and flash it via safe recovery. I have it installed but have yet to receive a voicemail to see if it works.
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: Customization Guide

    It's for CM9 but I think it works with CM10 as well. Download the zip and flash it via safe recovery. I have it installed but have yet to receive a voicemail to see if it works.
    Thanks very much. I'll give it a try! Woo hoo!

    Edit: I just found this over at Team Nocturnal, Sprint VVM for CM10

    I'M not going to test it unless the one for CM9 fails. I really liked the old one very much. Thanks again!
    Last edited by glenesis; 09-21-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    Check out the great rock music on my indie record label at http://131records.com
  24. #24  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Quote Originally Posted by Surj138 View Post
    I was looking at that thread last night... can't believe I hadn't seen it sooner! Looks cool indeed, and if its as stable as you say it is, I'll definitely have to try it soon. I was running sbrissen's aosp 4.1.1 alpha5 build for about a week and it's awesome, it's just I had to have a charger nearby. But he's been making that kernel his b***h at a crazy pace... I'm so excited!

    Thanks for the input

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    +1 on sbrissen jb ROM I'm on the alpha 5 build but my battery life is the same as in ics

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean
  25. #25  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: new jb rom is AWESOME

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
    I'm interested in trying out this ROM. I see that the files for the ROM and GAps are .zip and I have only ever installed .tar files with odin via PC. Currently I am running AGATs recovery on FF18. I'm not sure if I should be unzipping the files, renaming to update.zip, or installing mobile odin and doing it through the phone. There is too many different ways to install different ROMs and it has me a little confused. What would be the best route for installing this ROM with what I have?
    U can flash sbrissen jb rom from agat just back up your ics first

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions