4.0.3 Advice

k1llahurtz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I installed the 4.0.3 update early when I thought it was going to be the official ICS update. Then 4.0.4 came out.
From what I read, it seems 4.0.3 is risky to be at when you're installing a custom rom. I was seeking advice on how I should go about doing some custom installations.
Should I go to 4.0.4 first or back to gingerbread?
Is it even safe to go forward?
Is there a specific way I should do this?
I can't seem to find a way to jump off of 4.0.3 but lots from the next.
Can I simply Odin to 4.0.4?
Is there a specific version of Odin I should use?
Avoid wiping data in all ICS roms?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I installed the 4.0.3 update early when I thought it was going to be the official ICS update. Then 4.0.4 came out.
From what I read, it seems 4.0.3 is risky to be at when you're installing a custom rom. I was seeking advice on how I should go about doing some custom installations.
Should I go to 4.0.4 first or back to gingerbread?
Is it even safe to go forward?
Is there a specific way I should do this?
I can't seem to find a way to jump off of 4.0.3 but lots from the next.
Can I simply Odin to 4.0.4?
Is there a specific version of Odin I should use?
Avoid wiping data in all ICS roms?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

There is a 4.0.4 custom rom for that phone that works very well. A close to final update was just released about two weeks ago. If you want to install the stock update, you need to unroot the phone, and return to stock recovery. You can use odin to install the stock update, but again you need to be unrooted with a stock recovery to do so. If you made a backup before you flashed a custom rom, you just need to restore the backup and then get the stock recovery back on there. Then you can update the phone through the settings>update menu, then reroot.

Reactions: k1llahurtz