Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP JB d710 Build 2 [SEP16]

Quote Originally Posted by jayteck91 View Post
    Has anyone gotten GPS to lock on this ROM ???? Without going back to GB
    Yes many have, myself included. But there is some kind of oddity with the GPS on this phone where it will sometimes lock up after flashing an ICS or JB ROM.

The trick is to get a lock using maps or a GPS app while running a GB ROM, then shutdown with your GPS locked and flash your new ROM. If you want to run this ROM, you'll need to flash back to a GB base and do that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JayWill72; 09-23-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I've been having some bugs in my builds that I'm working on fixing. Thanks for being patient.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It would be TOTALLY awesome if you wrote a guide to building it! I tried using other people's guides and modifying it for the Epic Touch but I don't know?

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    It would be TOTALLY awesome if you wrote a guide to building it! I tried using other people's guides and modifying it for the Epic Touch but I don't know?
    thenameisnigel ill see what I can do.

Build 3 is up guys! Check the changelog for new features and fixes.
    Thanked by:

Oh emm effing gee. This is awesome. Working flawless here. Thank you so much.
    I tried stock rooted, universe Rom, cyanogenmod9, and an aokp ics Rom milestone 6 I think.
    This Rom is perfect so far. Fast smooth, Google now! Jelly bean! Thank you!

Oh by the way this was my first post. This Rom is so good I had to register to give my thanks

LOVE THE BOOT ANIMATION!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Default Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP JB d710 Build 3 [SEP27]

I am currently on AOKP ICS, and am wondering if this ROM will natively play .AVI video files?
    The AOKP ICS version does not....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Default Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP JB d710 Build 4 [OCT1]

OP updated to Build 4. Go flash it now!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt_Data View Post
    OP updated to Build 4. Go flash it now!
    Don't have to Wipe right? Can just flash over Build 3?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

You can flash right over, just wipe cache/dalvik first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Flashed- working great so far. Thanks again

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Flashed Build 4 over Build 3.1 - Some apps got removed. Market wouldn't open. Says "Billing not available for this version of Market".

I then Factory Reset, Wiped All, Flashed Build 4, Flashed Gapps - Opened Market, didn't show any of the Gapps to be updated like it usually does. Went to ALL to see my previous apps. All the ones I purchased weren't "Purchased" anymore. Would have to buy them it looked like.

Wiped and Flashed back to Build 3.1 - Everything working well as it did before.

Anyone else have any issues with Build 4? If so, I'll add to bug tracker. Otherwise, did I do something wrong? Just did the normal routine in my opinion. A flash over previous, had issues. A fresh install / flash, had issues.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Sometimes when just upgrading builds, you might have to re flash Gapps so try that next time after flashing upgraded build.

Thanked by:

ROM
    CM10 Alpha

awesome ROM
    The Rogue Reindeer Strikes Again!

I managed to install Build 4 this time no problems but i'm still having ridiculous battery issues. Seems to last about 3 to 4 hours if i'm not on wifi and i use it regularly (check email, texts...). I tried just leaving my phone in the recovery reboot screen and it managed to stay on for another 3 hours after it "died" in the ROM. I can fully charge my battery in 30 minutes so I know something is wonky. I've tried multiple things with battery stats too.

Any suggestions? I really really enjoy the ROM. I had a similar problem on the CM10 ROM also in this forum.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Wipe your battery stats. It shouldn't fully charge from 0 to 100 in 30 minutes.

Last edited by Corrupt_Data; 10-04-2012 at 03:51 PM.

I'm having battery problems too. I can almost watch the battery drain.it seems like it drops one point every two or three minutes with continued use . but it also charges very quickly. Flashed my phone on day one so I don't know if this is normal

Very Awesome Rom !! Absolutely love it! Very stable i must say, more than any other i have tried, a few things to note tho, when i have my phone docked the sound goes very low out of no where, and its not due to a message or any other reason, also when i leave it charging over night, in the morning the phone is off, which makes my alarms useless. other than that im very happy to work around the problems till there is a fix.

ROM
    Alpha CM10 5.3/ Nightlies

Just started using this today. Love it so far!
    Little to no issues, if you ever need a tester, hit me up.
    Last edited by rdavis429; 10-08-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Hello all,
    Just installed this rom (my first) yesterday and I am enjoying it very much. I do have one dilemma, the mobile network signal is very poor and I think its killing my battery. Its almost completely dark yellow in my home and I have an airwave. I understand that I can update my modem. My question is how and what modem should I use? Will it overwrite all data on my phone? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Best regards,
    sammad

I'm wondering the same thing. There seems to be three popular modems now: el29, ff18, fi03. I could be wrong but this is what I get from googling around. Is it possible to flash the latest leaked modem to this Rom, or flash the stable and more efficient el29? If so, how?

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sammad View Post
    Hello all,
    Just installed this rom (my first) yesterday and I am enjoying it very much. I do have one dilemma, the mobile network signal is very poor and I think its killing my battery. Its almost completely dark yellow in my home and I have an airwave. I understand that I can update my modem. My question is how and what modem should I use? Will it overwrite all data on my phone? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Best regards,
    sammad
    Quote Originally Posted by siniglesias View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. There seems to be three popular modems now: el29, ff18, fi03. I could be wrong but this is what I get from googling around. Is it possible to flash the latest leaked modem to this Rom, or flash the stable and more efficient el29? If so, how?

You can flash any modem you like on the ROM, modems do not change the data so you can try out as many as you like to find which works best for you .. the best place to get them I know of is over on xda rwilco has a full repository of all the modems to download from.
    Thanked by 3:

I love this ROM! But the things that get my are force closing of camera and gallery that displays duplicates and grey thumbnails

Any recommendations on how to fix this? (The gallery)

Quote Originally Posted by dandnj71 View Post
    You can flash any modem you like on the ROM, modems do not change the data so you can try out as many as you like to find which works best for you .. the best place to get them I know of is over on xda rwilco has a full repository of all the modems to download from.
    Thanks dandnj71! Is there any Modem that has more success than others. Also, I cant get a good lock on GPS, I have read the best thing to do is roll back to GB rom, get a GPS lock, then reflash the JB Rom. Does that sound correct or is there a different/better way? Thanks!
    Last edited by sammad; 10-11-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: mistake

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sammad View Post
    Thanks dandnj71! Is there any Modem that has more success than others. Also, I cant get a good lock on GPS, I have read the best thing to do is roll back to GB rom, get a GPS lock, then reflash the JB Rom. Does that sound correct or is there a different/better way? Thanks!
    I have done pretty well with the newer modems but they vary by user and location, so trial and error is the best way to find yours .. That is the way to fix GPS lock if you are having issues. You can either roll back, or there is a el29 temp boot the epic cyanogen team put together.. the trick to remember is on GB get a lock leave it locked and boot into recovery while locked and install next ROM

Quote Originally Posted by dandnj71 View Post
    Thanks. I flashed the fi03 modem. I'll give it a few days and report back but so far I'm getting two bars when I usually get one or none around my house.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast