Brick recovery help

LoupGarou71

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I bricked my E4GT due to the eMMC bug (I know, stupid. I didn't read everything before flashing an ICS rom). I was able to recover somewhat, using the fix involving a new PIT file and a stock EG30 rom. I can get root on the phone, but I am having a problem trying to recover to the point where I can either clear the Odin counter on the phone or update to a newer rom.

Once I have root, if I try to install Triangle Away I get a parse error. It will not install from APK on the phone or from the Market.

If I try to update to a newer rom, it fails, either at data.img (requiring me to unbrick the phone again) or right off the bat (also requiring another unbrick using the pit+EG30 method).

Can anyone offer any insight on what I can do from here, either to clear that Odin counter or get my phone to take a newer rom?

Thanks in advance for your help!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I'm not experienced in EMMC brick recovery at all, but I would think you should be able to take one of the rooted Odin One-Click TAR files, and replace the PIT file with your modified PIT file. Otherwise, I'd think you could put everything into Odin manually (ROM in the PDA slot and Modem in the Phone slot), and use your PIT file.

This may not exactly be the best place to ask your question though, as this is a pretty rarely used method. Most people who have EMMC bricked get a replacement.

The best place to ask your question might be here: Discussion thread for /data EMMC lockup/corruption bug - xda-developers

or possibly here: xda-developers - View Single Post - PIT file method to revive your phone from a MMC_CAP_ERASE brick

Regarding the Odin flash count, I can't speak for Triangle Away, but you should be able to use a USB jig to reset the counter. You can get them on Ebay for around 5 bucks. Just search "Epic 4G Touch USB Jig".

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz