[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FI27 (FI27 Modem/Kernel/ROM) *Update 11/13*

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks - just passing on that FI27 one clicks and .TAR files are now available now that it's been announced as the next OTA.
You can reach them by clicking here.

Credits
Thanks go to the following:
- sfhub for many hints on how to do this - I'm just trying to help fill in while he's away.
- sextape for FI27 leak
- rwilco12 for advice and hosting
- rainmotorsports, dev-host for hosting
- Forum Members for their support and hopefully feedback on these builds!
Make sure you give them any thanks for this build - they did far more than I on this! :highfive:

Update 11/13:
Due to some issues over the past few weeks the previous site went down and was replaced.
Link has been updated to reflect new location.
My apologies for the previous issues - Enjoy and contact me with any questions!

Last edited:

joesake

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FI27 (FI27 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

Thanks for making this available. The process was smooth and almost everything works great. WiFi tether and CPU control were the main things I was looking for with the rooted version and they work perfectly. I have one weird issue that is persisting. When I go to Play Store and download and install an app, I can't exit the play store or do anything else. I have to hold down the power button to reset the phone or pull the battery.

Arkimedes

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I see there's just parts available such as the kernel and modem. Is it worth it for me to flash either one of these? I'm running AOKP JB Rom. Seems when I have data turned on, my battery gets destroyed, although my battery charges super fast too. Think there's a conversion or calculation that's being misperformed. Would any of these help?

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Thanks! I flashed it last night and restored my phone with Titanium Back Up. Worked great.

edoles

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

Been using this for a few weeks now. Suddenly today, I have a new lock screen. What happened? I don't have any custom screens installed.

What it used to be:
uploadfromtaptalk1351113576417.jpg

What it is now:
uploadfromtaptalk1351113611083.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351113633155.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351113655659.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351113679039.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Arkimedes

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

@edoles It just changed lock screens on your randomly? And you didn't do anything to do that? I have the same phone with same build specs your posted and it still has the Original lock screen...I'm wondering how it changed.

edoles

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

@edoles It just changed lock screens on your randomly? And you didn't do anything to do that? I have the same phone with same build specs your posted and it still has the Original lock screen...I'm wondering how it changed.

I have no idea either. It happened after a restart. After that things started going more sideways: weird system requests for superuser access, widgets stopping, and force closes.

I ended Odining back to FH (unrooted and user data reset) and upgrading to FI (still unrooted). But after restarts I lose widgets on the home screen and calendar defaults kept going back to defaults, and the phone just seems like it's sluggish and just "off" (sorry for the vagueness).

I thought I followed all of the how-to's correctly, but I must have done something wrong. That's my only explanation since I haven't found any other similar reports here nor on XDA.

Maybe I'm not one for flashing and rooting. Time to return to the herd of sheep. I think I'm going to Odin back to a GB build stock and going through the upgrade process back to the current version without root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

tank5894

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

only thing i don't like is i cant send pic in text it shows that it was sent but they never get it kinda weird

Kimmi023

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Hi! I just tried this rooting process and think I followed everything correctly! Odin told me all threads complete but now my phone won't boot past Galaxy SII GT-I9100 with the warning triangle. Ideas? Thanx!

bombayboy82

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Can't access the link. Gives me an Unable to Connect error. Was the page taken down?

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi! I just tried this rooting process and think I followed everything correctly! Odin told me all threads complete but now my phone won't boot past Galaxy SII GT-I9100 with the warning triangle. Ideas? Thanx!

Try redownloading it to your computer and doing it again

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G

kfoody23

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I can't seem to access the forum with the actual downloads - it says that I need to register, but it's invitation only to register - where can I get an invituation?

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Sorry didn't know they changed it. I never made an account there. Didn't think to.

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I can't seem to access the forum with the actual downloads - it says that I need to register, but it's invitation only to register - where can I get an invituation?

I'm not totally clear on all the details, but apparently some issues arose that caused the site that was hosting the files to lock down to invite only registration.

rwilco12 has received permission to put up a thread on XDA, so you can obtain the one-click files here: [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FI27 (FI27 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore) - xda-developers

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

If is says GT-I9100, isnt that for the AT&T version? Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in. If so, see if you can get back to DL mode and use the one-click stock EL29 in JayWill72's roll back to GB in his sig. That will get rid of the yellow triangle and get you back to stock rooted

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

If is says GT-I9100, isnt that for the AT&T version? Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in. If so, see if you can get back to DL mode and use the one-click stock EL29 in JayWill72's roll back to GB in his sig. That will get rid of the yellow triangle and get you back to stock rooted

No, that's actually the International model version. But you can get that screen on this phone, along with the yellow warning triangle, when you use Odin to flash a kernel that was not signed by Samsung. This tells me the person you quoted made a mistake somewhere.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for the mixup folks... a lot happened over a few weeks while I was gone.
The site where I posted this went down and has gone up again. It's now public again and will stay that way.
Here's the new link:
SXTP-Developers

I'll be updating the first post as soon as possible.