Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By third son
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default new to rooting. have some questions

well i have rooted my phone for about a month. have ran the blazer rom which was pretty cool and then decided to run the universe rom because of the jellybean features. i am not liking the universe rom that well. its buggy and battery isnt as good as blazer. i also keep getting the damn OTA upgrade every 5 minutes (on blazer it would only ask once a day).

my questions are:

i want to run CM9 or 10 but on their site it doesnt say it supports our phone. i see people running them though so is it possible to run them as a daily driver?

i really want a reliable rom that has great gps lock (most have that) good battery life and to stop the OTA notification. any suggestions guys?

Default Re: new to rooting. have some questions

Go to then pick the beta1 zip. Got to xda-developers.com and look for our phone model. In the original development section look for the beta1 thread. Follow instructions there

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Yes. There's a stable build of CM9 Beta1 for our phone on XDA, and of course tons of other ROMs.

What Carole said...I ran beta1 for a long time and just recently switched to Venum ICE...what a great ROM....lots of stuff packed in there to play with. Battery life is pretty darn good too!

wildacex187 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Im running blu kuban and like it. Been on it for a few days but recently the phone would shut off like the battery is dead but it was showing 80% charge. I tried clearing dalvik and battery stats but its still doing it. Any tips on fixing this?

I recently rooted my phone for the first time and have been using CM9 beta 1 as a daily driver and have had no problems with my phone performance or battery life. I am a restaurant manager and my phone last a good 12 hour day

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums