Best Rooted JB Rom for Sprint S2

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have never rooted a phone before and really kind of scared to do so. I was wondering what the easiest and safest Rom out there to install. I guess what I am looking for is the most stable From out to download? Also, any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, I have NEVER rooted a phone before. I have read up on it before and at times, don't really understand the lingo that they are talking about. I just want to make sure that I am not going to mess my phone up to the point that it can't be fixed. Again, any info would be appreciated. I am just getting a bit bored with my phone and would like a stable, easy taste of Jelly Bean. Thanks in advance :) .

Sent from my A200 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been asking a similar question but haven't heard much from anyone.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

disney4life2005

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I am a newbie to this myself. But I have found CM9 to be a good daily driver and I use a JB theme. The CM10 from what I've read is still in alpha so I am gonna wait till it comes further along. Just follow directions on rooting. Once you do it its like having a new phone and different themes and roms to try

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

blakew595

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
It would be best to stick with cm9 until Samsung releases the source code for our phone otherwise you'll have some issues

I'm running cm10 paranoid android
Locks up a lot
Battery sucks
Screwed up how you access your external sd

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Highly recommend MIUI. It's so customizable and so beautiful. I switched to MIUI from CM9, kinda got tired of CM9 because I had to flash extra files for a transparent statusbar and bubble styled messaging app and some apps don't work on CM9. MIUI has everything I want and everything works. Battery life is great too.

mkfryan

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
My current flavor is CNA 3.6.5 I have yet to find anything I can't do customization wise I'm happy with the battery life and have had no issues or fc.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I was using Paranoid for a while and found it to be great. Battery was ok for what I do on a daily basis and the over-all smoothness gave me a good look at what JB will offer. If you are nearby a charger throughout the day its not a big issue. Otherwise, install CM9 (ICS) or a rooted/tweaked stock ICS ROM. Be sure to read the stickies in this thread, in particular the ICS Brick Bug discussed by Jaywill. You'll find lots of useful information there.

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I am on CNA JB Rom, and it is pretty stable. IME, CM9 was a very ICS Rom. I have not tried MIUI yet, maybe I'll check that one out next from what Carole says. Most ICS Rooted Roms are pretty stable for daily drivers now and I recommend loading one of those for a week or so before you go to JB. It will probably make your JB experience better in the long run.

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I recommend sbrissin aosp jb rom on xda. Everything works except the default music player I'm using it now

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

tripp2776

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been running JellyBean Joyride Rom and it is really smooth on the E4GT. It is a little more battery intensive but I have an extended battery so it is good for me. Everything is working on it. I do not have the link but you can google it and find it fairly easy.

First post ever,
Tripp

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been running JellyBean Joyride Rom and it is really smooth on the E4GT. It is a little more battery intensive but I have an extended battery so it is good for me. Everything is working on it. I do not have the link but you can google it and find it fairly easy.

First post ever,
Tripp

Joyride? Never heard of it, but it does sound like one of chris41g's build names. If so I'm guessing it's CM10?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sinclairj75

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Have been using ParanoidAndroid for a little over a month. Zero issues. Best ROM I've used. Agree with most others as well though that CM is solid and probably the best place for you to start

dasesq

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Using cm10 11/4 nightly with exit only alpha1 tweaks and everything is working great . So far12 hours on battery with 2 hour screen time down to 41% from 96% charge
Gets gps lock. Navigation pointer goes in correct direction. Send and receive MMS.

Oh be sure to follow all directions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463