Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Epic 4G Touch Inproperly rooted????

I am running build # cm_epic4gtouch-user 4.1.1 JR003H eng. darknight. 20120801.062759 release-keys on my Epic 4G touch and far as I know I used clockworkmod to flash it on to the device so It has to be rooted but titanium backup is saying " Sorry, I could not acquire root privileges. This application will *not* work! Please verify that your ROM is rooted and include BusyBox, and try again This attempt was made using the "/system/xbin/su" command. I downloaded BusyBox and its saying there was a problem opening a shell with root access. This is either being caused by superuser/supersu or a device that is inproperly rooted. I then downloaded Root Checker it says "Sorry! This device does not have proper root access.Before I flashed the Jelly Bean ROM I had CM9 on my device and everything worked perfect there was no sign of it being inproperly rooted until I Flashed this room and now when I try to flash other Jelly Bean ROMs there would be a error or it would say something like installation aborted. My question is basically what am I doing wrong? And any advice on how to me fix my problem or am I going to have to reroot and reinstall CWM?

Default Re: Epic 4G Touch Inproperly rooted????

Use odin to flash the el26 kernel packed with cwm 5 made by chris41g. Use that to flash jelly bean roms. The rim you are currently on sounds like a beta or alpha by dark knight. There may have been a bug in it. Try a new rom

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by patrao_n View Post
    Use odin to flash the el26 kernel packed with cwm 5 made by chris41g. Use that to flash jelly bean roms. The rim you are currently on sounds like a beta or alpha by dark knight. There may have been a bug in it. Try a new rom

I concur. I remember reading that some people using DK's JB ROMs had issues with SuperUser. I also highly suggest you Mobile Odin the EL26 kernel packed with CWM and use that to flash one of the current JB ROMs. There's a ton of options available ... Pure Google AOSP, CM10, AOKP, Paranoid Android, Codename Android and MIUI.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    I concur. I remember reading that some people using DK's JB ROMs had issues with SuperUser. I also highly suggest you Mobile Odin the EL26 kernel packed with CWM and use that to flash one of the current JB ROMs. There's a ton of options available ... Pure Google AOSP, CM10, AOKP, Paranoid Android, Codename Android and MIUI.
    Cool Thanks for the answers I really appreciate it. I will try both.

Anytime happy flashing