Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hardware key menu button issue

Hello, I recently rooted on ff18 and I am running on the JB ROM by Codename ( fantastic BTW). When I was still stock the menu button kept coming up while I was texting and messing up the texts, also the keys would often freeze up and lag a bit. I thought putting a new ROM would help but I didn't. The codename JB rom has the option to disable certain hardware keys. I disabled the menu button, however the keys still freeze and lag out for several seconds at random. How can I fix this? Is it happening to anyone else?

Sent from my SPH-D710 w/ JB rom by CN

Default Re: Hardware key menu button issue

Try an fi27 stock rooted one click. If it still does it then hardware is the problem and you have to go to sprint.

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried the fi27 stock rooted and I can't find anyway to get cwm on I switched back to ff18. I. Ant remember 100% but I think I still had the same problem with fi27

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Then I suggest going to complete stock fi27 unrooted and take it in to sprint

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Okay thanks

No worries. Good luck man

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have unrooted and now im on el29 stock. Now i just noticed that while i walk the keys are activated. So i started to shake the phone and it does it even more. I didnt put insurance on the phone, is there any way i can replace the keys? Or should i not bother and get another?

Quote Originally Posted by djdutertre View Post
    I have unrooted and now im on el29 stock. Now i just noticed that while i walk the keys are activated. So i started to shake the phone and it does it even more. I didnt put insurance on the phone, is there any way i can replace the keys? Or should i not bother and get another?
    The issue is not necessarily with the buttons, but with the entire screen. I've dug around a bit on this issue the past many months, and it appears this issue comes up more often than it should on Samsung devices. The best I can tell is this is a hardware issue involving the LCD screen, where the phone's radio interferes with the screen when it enters a low signal state and causes the menu button to fire. The only way I've heard to resolve the issue is to have the entire LCD screen replaced.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Hmmm that sounds logical. I have a coworker that has the same issue. Thank you very much for that info. I will look into getting a new screen perhaps